FFT 1.3

Pages: first 123 next last
Word on the street is that this is the shit.
And also from previous words on the street, Squenix will pull a cease and desist right before it's done. It's almost guaranteed. :(

Not to say it doesn't look sweet, because FFT devours hours at a time with sheer depth. But Square has stopped so many of these kinds of projects/hacks that are leagues better than their latest stunning graphical next-gen cutscenes with an edgy if slightly effeminate male lead with a big sword. ;)

Just keep it up and don't let the man put you down!
I wouldn't put it against Square to do so, but I don't think it's elaborate enough for them to want to.

Its strength is its simplicity and straight-forwardness.
One thing I recommend, don't show progress.
Or else Squenix will pull out a cease and decist, from what I've seen tho it's looking fine
post=89299
One thing I recommend, don't show progress.
Or else Squenix will pull out a cease and decist, from what I've seen tho it's looking fine

Yeah... we don't want another CT: Crimson Echoes. That game looked so great. ;.;
As does this ^.^
post=89301
Yeah... we don't want another CT: Crimson Echoes. That game looked so great. ;.;
As does this ^.^

Squeenix really screwed their fans over with that move..
Well, i can't see what square enix had to lose. The people who were making CT: Crimson Echoes weren't going to sell it, so really it was just extra publicity for SE.
F-G defends intellectual property rights? O mai
Actually rumor has it that a select individual(s) emailed SE and lied about the Chrono fangames saying they were going to sell them for money. Guess they thought it was true.

Of course this is not even really similar to that. But if you want to crush some fangames, just email SE and lie. ;)
post=89324
Actually rumor has it that a select individual(s) emailed SE and lied about the Chrono fangames saying they were going to sell them for money. Guess they thought it was true.

Of course this is not even really similar to that. But if you want to crush some fangames, just email SE and lie. ;)

Yeah, this is pretty much true. What's funny is that, before he was caught, the guy who did it was one of the biggest ranters against the cease and desist order (or one of the loudest, anyway). His screen name is usually something like "Dark Serge," if you want to look some of his rantings up.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I think this looks stupid. Put the effort into something original, please. I already played FFT.
I enjoyed 1.3, mainly because its sheer difficulty was basically Asgard for my masochistic desires.
post=89387
I think this looks stupid. Put the effort into something original, please. I already played FFT.

Nothing wrong with making an original game (subjectively) better or changing it. If nothing else, this is no different than say, a mod for a PC game like Oblivion or Fallout or whatever.

I mean, you went though the effort of remaking The Frozen World.
post=89426
post=89387
Nothing wrong with making an original game (subjectively) better or changing it. If nothing else, this is no different than say, a mod for a PC game like Oblivion or Fallout or whatever.

Ice Burn!

^.^
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
post=89426
post=89387

This would be good, except for the fact that what I was doing for TFW was far more than what these guys are doing. My project was almost a completely new game, with new graphics, new sound, new code, new interface, new etc. It was a complete remake.

This is not a complete remake. Please learn the difference.
I'm not trying to make a direct parallel. I'm just saying they're putting in the time and effort to make something that already exists (hence, not original) better, just like you did. If they turn the problems and not so great gameplay elements of FFT and make them awesome and fun for people to play with (and like I said before, I do hear it's really enjoyable) for FFT fans, than it's really similar enough, just on a different scale from what you did.

Like what I said before, no harm with making an original game even better than it was before. There's nothing wrong with a touch up or a modification.
WIP
What they are doing is nothing like what I did. That's what I am trying to say. You are looking at it too far from space.
Pages: first 123 next last