RPGS... YOU'VE BEATEN

author=Mewd
I feel like I ought to object to this thread, probably because it's just an excuse to brag, but I'm too tired and bored to care right now.

Well said person from 2007 who may or may not still be on the site.

Anyway let the pointless bragging continue! lol

Completed Games
Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12 and Tactics
The Legend of Zelda - All of them.
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X
Illusion of Gaia
Dragon Quest 8
Secret of Mana
Legend of Mana
Phantasy Star 4
Baiten Kaitos
Golden Sun
Grandia 3
Legend of Legaia
Okami
Hydalide
Ys Ark of Napishtum
.Hack Infection
Wild Arms
Tales of Symphonia
Saga Frontier 2
Pokemon Blue, Yellow
Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Mario and Luigi Superstar saga
Lunar
And probably some others I'm forgetting

Games I have played but not finished
Shin Megami Tensei 4 (currently workng on)
Teranigma (currently working on)
Final Fantasy X-2
Dragon Quest 1,3,5,7
Xenosaga
Earthbound
Star Tropics
Beyond Oasis
Shadow Hearts
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Opoona
Breath of Fire 1,3,4
Star Ocean
Pokemon Pearl
Lunar 2
And likely more stuff I forgot

Games I want to play not including new stuff like BOTW
LiveAlive
Magic of Sheherazad
Vagrant Story
Suikoden 2
Crystalis
Pokémon Fire-Red
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon X
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Heartgold
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2
Lisa The Painful
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Suits: A Business RPG
Earthbound Beginnings (Mother)
Earthbound
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Like the only Zelda I've finished to the end)
Shining Force
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

That's all off the top of my head. I don't know if I had any other RPG games laying around that I finished.
Pokémon Fire-Red
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon X
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Heartgold
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2
Lisa The Painful
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Suits: A Business RPG
Earthbound Beginnings (Mother)
Earthbound
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Like the only Zelda I've finished to the end)
Shining Force
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

That's all off the top of my head. I don't know if I had any other RPG games laying around that I finished.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
I just finished the main portion of Xenoblade Chronicles X last night. Easily one of the best games on the Wii U (not much competition there...) and definitely worth the price, since there is easily 120+ hours of content.
pokdmon the movie 2000
beast wars
final fantasy advent children
Final Fantasy 7- 10
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Disgae
Persona 3,4
Star Ocean 3
i noticed loads of people here played chrono trigger. Anyone tried crimson echoes?
In Alphabetical Order

7th Saga
Bahamut Lagoon(I dunno how many times i beat it)
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Chaos Legion
Chrono Trigger
Cyber Knight Series
Devil Survivor 2(Al's Route,Yamato's Route,Daichi's Route)
Dual Orb 2
Earthbound
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy IV Advance and The After Years
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics 1
Front Mission First(Even DS too)
Golden Sun Isaac Chapter and Felix Chapter
Gundam MS A New Dawn
Kingdom Hearts
Ogre Battle
Persona 3 FES
Pokemon Sapphire
Rudra No Hihou
Robopon 2
Shadow Hearts 2 and From the New World
Super Robot Wars L,S(Nintendo DS) and Originals(Gameboy Advance)
Ys: Seven(Portable)
Zoids Legacy

The Games i am wanting to play again:

Bahamut Lagoon(I wanna beat this 50 Times)
EarthBound(I miss this game)

The Games i wanting to beat:

Devil Survivor First(I know how to beat lag)
Strange Journey

There ya go i am going to download Earthbound now and play it once more i really miss that game so bad.
Completed Games

Baten Kaitos
Pokemon Gen 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Paper Mario & Thousand Year Door
South Park the Stick of Truth

Thats it for turn based RPGS...
Shits boring. :P

Peace out.
GBA/DS:
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Summon Night 1 & 2
Radiant Historia

SNES:
Aretha 2
Breath of Fire 2
Lufia 2
Mystic Ark
Robotrek
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Live a Live
Granhistoria
Chrono Trigger
Shiki Eiyuuden
Hi no Ouji
La Wares
Seiken Densetsu 3
Earthbound
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario RPG
Treasure of Rudras

Final Fantasies:
1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Pokemons:
Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum

Others:
Paper Mario
KOTOR 1
Morrowind
Planescape Torment
Many Zeldas...

It was fun to reminiscence. Some obscure untranslated titles nobody will recognize :)
Completed:

Bastion
Borderlands 1 and 2
Brave Story: New Traveler
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3 and 4
Chrono Trigger
Crisis Core: FF7
Cthulhu Saves the World
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Dragon Age: Origins
DeathSpank and DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
Digimon World 1, 2, 3, World Dawn
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim
Fallout 3 and NW
Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13,
Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics A2, Revenant Wings
Golden Sun 1 and 2... (Still playing the third)
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep
Legend of Mana
MapleStory DS
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Okami and Okamiden
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode One
Parasite Eve II
Persona 3
Pokemon Blue, (Fire)Red, (Soul)Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Platinum, Black and Black 2
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Shadow Hearts, Covenant and Brave New World
Suikoden 1, 2, 3
Terranigma <333
Terraria
The Binding of Isaac
The Witcher 1 and 2

I guess that's all... D:
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
My list isn't long. I excluded borderline games. With Metroidvanias and such the list would be longer.

PC and Console games
Gothic 3 - the second game after Flatout I managed to finish
Jade Empire
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Tactics Ogre
Bit Dungeon II
Ys VI
Anodyne

RM RPGs over 5 hours

Sunken Spire
Enelysion
Chronicles of Tsufanubra

Honorable mention:
Titan Quest - I couldn't defeat the final boss with my combinations of skills
FFIV - I got to the moon and back
Everything Might and Magic - I love the franchise and spent a lot of time with it. I don't consider Heroes an RPG and I haven't finish any game from the main line yet.
Well I can't remember if I posted on this or not, but last year I tackeled Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS and managed to beat it after many looong months, I also finished Dragon Quest XI as well. That's about it.

Working on Dragon Quest 8 on 3DS.
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal: 20+

I've done mono runs in this game for all 17 types as well as few normal runs through the game. Albeit, I did the bug run twice if were only counting the main game and not the post game content in Kanto and the final battle with Red in Mt. Silver. I've also played through the game with a team comprised entirely of baby pokemon, another run with just unowns, and another run with a team comprised of delibirds. And, I'm still in the middle of a run with a team comprised of Jigglypuffs though that run does allow me to evolve them as well. So, I imagine the run will become rather Wigglytuff focused in the late game.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow: 5 or more

I've done a couple of mono runs for this generation as well as a few normal runs over the years. I remember my first level 100 Pokemon being a Blastoise named Tommy. I also remember putting enough hours into my copy of Pokemon Yellow to actually max out the time clock.

Lunar: Dragon Song: 3 Times

Yeah, I've beaten this turd three times at this point. Once to do a text review on Gamestop's website and two additional times for Let's Plays on youtube. In fact, I think my Let's Plays for the game are among the few complete runs that exist for this game. After all, not many people are willing to suffer through a game that punishes you for running.

Falling Stars: 3 Times

Falling Stars is a rather ugly game that was ported to the PS2 by a developer that tends to focus on Barbie games. Albeit my biggest issue with the game are the mixed moral message of it being okay to participate in effectively cock fights, but it's wrong to force feed your pets potions of power. It's a bit weird to see a game support the notion of fighting is okay, but steroids are evil!

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim - 3 Times

I actually drove to a Gamestop that was about two hours away just to pick up this game. Sadly, the copy I got was rather scratched up so it's impossible to unlock the higher difficulties without using cheats. This is because my copy always crashes during the end credits.

Witches & Vampires: The Secrets of Ashburry - 3 Times

Witches & Vampires is a rather short RPG that can be knocked out in a day if you push yourself, but the lackluster look of the characters is a bit of a torn off. Add in a main character who hates her powers and your left with a game that struggles to keep my interest.

Vampire Legends: Power of Three - 3 Times

The follow-up to Witches & Vampires that was given a weird name change when released in the states. Sadly this game really doesn't fix the more problematic parts of the combat system from the previous game. Though the bulk of my umbrage for this title tends to come from the team apparently forgetting plot points from the previous game. After all, Ruby was mocked by both of her siblings for believing in brooms that were enchanted for witches and wizards to ride on. A plot point that definitely makes the witches feel a little bit less cliche until one just happens to turn up, but in the sequel we learn that Ruby's mom is a championship broom racer. And while I'm only bring up a rather minor plot detail to demonstrate this. The game also messes up a few more notable plot points as well.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (and remakes): 3+ Times

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is easily my favorite PS2 game and I've probably spent in excess of over a 1,000 hours on the game over the years. You can really lose yourself in grinding in this title if you want to take on some of the optional super bosses.

Disgaea 2: 3+ Times

Sadly this title is a little less quirky then the previous game, but does manage to do the usual cliches rather well for the most part.

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana - 2 Times

Honestly my biggest gripe with this game is just how underwhelming alchemy is in this game. A facet that largely comes down to the game capping you at only being able to carry around nine copies of any given item. As a result I always find myself trying to hold onto alchemy items for bosses or emergencies. Though the game does feature the cat girl version of Majin Boo in the form of Norn.

Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny - 2 Times

While this game doesn't really surprise you that much from a story perspective. The combat is different enough for your standard turn-based system to at least stand out a bit. Plus the game features the awesomely named Poe, the Gun Mana.

Atelier Iris 3: The Phantasm - 2 Times

On the plus side the combat in this game is pretty solid. On the downside the playable characters are largely devoid of overt growth which makes following their adventures rather boring. It also doesn't help that the game pads out the time between major story points with missions that feel like shameless padding. Outside of my gripes with the narrative the game also features a rather odd choice in final boss. If you complete all of the hunt missions you can eventually unlock the chance to do battle with the Super Mini Puni, a baby slime. Of course, this slime is no joke since it can easily hit your party members for over 50% of their health and will summon additional copies of itself if you don't beat it quickly. So you'll definitely need to beat some of the game's other optional bosses in order to stand a chance against it.

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis - 1 Time

I suppose one of the big draws of Mana Khemia is you can hook up with various male and female characters to varying degrees after beating the game. Though I decided to go with pursuing Nikki. Albeit you need to max out your relationship with a character in order to get one of those endings which is rather easy since you only need to spend your free time by hanging out with them in order to do this.

Xenosaga Episode 1: 2 Times

Oddly enough I've never completed the other two episodes in this series. I just tend to lose steam after a while. And not even the ability to have women running around in bikinis the entire time in the second game is enough to keep my interest.

.hack// Series - 1 to 2 times

I've beaten a few of the games at least twice over the years, but I've only ever finished the entire series once. The games just really start to make you lose interest after a while do to all the micro managing you need to do. After all, your team mates are dumb as shit and never think to switch between their various weapons in order to gain access to abilities that will give them a tactical edge over their targets.

.hack//GU Series - 1 to 2 times

I've only beaten the first game twice, but the game definitely improves upon the combat system from the first game and actually allows the main character to escape from Kite's issue of being middle of the road at everything. After all, Haseo is clearly a master of all instead of a master of none.

7th Dragon - 1 Time

7th Dragon is a pretty standard old-school dungeon crawler with the player putting points into various abilities in order to gain access to other abilities. And your choices can really impact how you approach combat as well as how likely you are to beat the game's final boss.

Etrian Odyssey - 1 Time

Yeah, I've only beaten the main game for this title once. And while I'd like to spoil why the dungeon at the heart of this game exists. I feel the reason for why it exists is so dumb founding that it needs to be seen in order to be believed.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (GBC) - 1 Time

Yeah, they actually released a couple of turn-based RPGs based on the Harry Potter universe for handhelds over the years. Sadly this game kind of annoys me on the grounds you can only play as Harry. You never gain access to the rest of trio over the course of the game.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 2 Times

Thankfully this game lets you control all three members of the Golden Trio as some fans put it. And the game even makes each of the characters feel a bit unique by giving them different special abilities. For instance Ron can throw pellets that temporarily stun enemies once every fight while Hermione has access to special skills that can raise your stats or increase how much experience you'll get at the end of a fight. Harry on the other can utilize the power of trading cards in order to gain access to powerful spells and abilities.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 2 Times

While the game really doesn't do much to change the combat system. The game does change things up a bit by making you choose between going with Ron or Hermione at various points which will effect what kind of puzzles you are presented with as you advance.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (DS + PSP): 3 Times

I've beaten this game on both the DS and the PSP and the game is essentially the same in those versions. The console and GBA version are a completely different story though. The GBA version is a blend between a simple beat-em up and a puzzle game while the console versions are probably more in line with "Gauntlet" then the handheld versions which feature pretty basic action RPG style combat.

Breath of Fire II: 2 or 3 Times

I really don't have a lot to say about this game. It's just a classic SNES title though I've only ever played the GBA port for this one.

Digimon World: Data Squad - 2 Times

Honestly my biggest gripe with this game is that you can only ever use three characters in combat. As a result the later additions to your squad are entirely superfluous. After all, you can't switch between characters in the field. And those left to guard the home base will never get any stronger. After all, you need to be in the field actively defeating other Digimon in order to meet your Digimon's requirements to evolve.

DBZ: Legacy of Goku - 2 Times

In all honesty this game is pretty boring in my opinion. After all, you kick things off by needing to take down a bunch of snakes and giant crabs.

And while I could easily bring up additional RPGs I've beaten over the years. I think this post is long enough already.