WORST VIDEOGAME CHARACTER.

arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Hehe the main character in that game is actually the team mascot.
post=90845
post=90829
But how could anyone hate Vaan?? Granted, I didn't finish FF12 (probably never will), but he's completely harmless. I mean, he doesn't really do much of anything
This is pretty much the problem. Vaan and Penelo were pointless tack ons that had nothing to do with the plot.

Every character other than Ashe was pretty much pointless, though. But poor Vaan and Penelo are always the ones singled out.

Ashe wasn't that much better, though. ^.^;

Ashe was amazing. She was a total bitch and it was awesome.

But then she was inflicted with the Cordelia Chase syndrome and became soft.
Every character other than Ashe was pretty much pointless, though.

Excuse me, but there is only one correct answer.

Princess Alicia, the one on the rightmost throne seat. It's too big of a spoiler to discuss if you haven't played Live-a-Live...but if you have, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Ugh. The only character with inarguably ZERO redeeming qualities.
That was some of the worst voice acting that I've ever heard...considering that's a Star Ocean game, I shouldn't be surprised...
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
Markus from Sore Losers. For a guy using a two-handed sword he was awfully weak. ALSO HE DIALOG WAS HORRIBLE.

And on the topic of Final Fantasy X, Lulu... The only character from that game I loved, mind you I was 13/14/15 when it came out and she gave me a raging boner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXXFJ9bX3c

Farleen btw, kind of weird to hear an awful voice actor alongside a good one (The man in the dress is played by Crispin Freeman)
Lol, I did enjoy seeing Albel kick her a couple of times.

Tynave at least had a good voice actor. Not that I didn't like her either.
post=90862
Every character other than Ashe was pretty much pointless, though.

Real men can wear bracelets and fruitloops as rings... and still be manly.

EDIT: oops sorry i read the title as "Best videogame character."
Any character(important to the storyline) under the age of 14-15.

I actually believe that Reks (spelling) who you only played for 5-15 minutes at
the beginning of FFXii would have been a better character to keep.

But we get Vaan instead. Seriously?
I think the general problem with a lot of video game protagonists (particularly FF10 and FF12) is that the developers choose to have the more interesting characters as sidekicks while making the young, blonde, bland twat the main character. FF12 had, overall, a great cast, but (like people are saying) it it would have been way better to have Basche, Balthier, Rex or Ashe (One of the better FF leading ladies) as a main chraracter rather than little boy blue. It's just more enjoyable to be intrigued and interested by the main character and his/her past. Something Square finally seems to be realising with Lightning and Noctis in Fabula Nova Crystalis.
People seem to be forgetting...
VAAN ISN'T THE MAIN CHARACTER.
The main character is the one with most relevance to the story. Ashe was clearly the main character of FF12.

One of the most useless characters in the original RE IMO, especially if playing as Jill. All she does, really, is just get things done that Chris could otherwise do himself. And to make it "better," you may have to rescue her as if she was the most helpless being alive. What happened to wielding shotguns and magnums in RE0? Now she has pepper spray and a weak handgun? It must have been Billy who made her act all macho...
post=91128
The main character is the one with most relevance to the story. Ashe was clearly the main character of FF12.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes, he's plastered all over the promo and you're forced to "use" him when you're in towns, but he really isn't the leading character and the game doesn't treat him as such. He's mainly just along for the ride, but he doesn't steal attention from the other characters.

Truth to be told, Vaan wasn't even featured a whole lot to invoke so much hatred among players, but whatevs. I kinda liked him, because I expected him to be a whiny insufferable brat and he wasn't.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I liked the part where Vaan found the magic lamp and then there was a parade in Agrabah and.... oh, this joke has been done too many times.
post=91208
post=91128
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes, he's plastered all over the promo and you're forced to "use" him when you're in towns, but he really isn't the leading character and the game doesn't treat him as such. He's mainly just along for the ride, but he doesn't steal attention from the other characters.

Truth to be told, Vaan wasn't even featured a whole lot to invoke so much hatred among players, but whatevs. I kinda liked him, because I expected him to be a whiny insufferable brat and he wasn't.

I still can't believe you said Balthier was pointless.