WORST VIDEOGAME CHARACTER.

I hated that damn dog from the moment that I first laid eyes on it in the first scene of the game.

Teddie's voice was weird but it strangely grew on me...Rise, however...
author=Kindredz

Hahaha, EXACTLY my reaction! I started to like Teddie whereas I grew to dislike the stupid jail-bait that kept gushing about her Senpai. Her dungeon was pretty kick-ass, though. (I liked most/all the dungeons in P4, though)
author=Mr. Y
author=Kindredz
Hahaha, EXACTLY my reaction! I started to like Teddie whereas I grew to dislike the stupid jail-bait that kept gushing about her Senpai. Her dungeon was pretty kick-ass, though. (I liked most/all the dungeons in P4, though)

She was perfect when you first meet if...if she'd STAYED like that, I could've dealt.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=arcan
Benos such a hater.

Haters gonna hate.

Though, Vaan become much more, near the end the game, with him going at Venat/Vayne(lol) first thing, properly because he was responsible for all the mess in the city.

Balthier, played the lead role. I like the game, but it truly wanted me to put down the controller or throw it at Pharos or Yiazmit.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=benos
author=arcan
Benos such a hater.
Haters gonna hate.

Though, Vaan become much more, near the end the game, with him going at Venat/Vayne(lol) first thing, properly because he was responsible for all the mess in the city.

Balthier, played the lead role. I like the game, but it truly wanted me to put down the controller or throw it at Pharos or Yiazmit.

As for me, I guess I have a more positive recollection of Pharos, mostly for two reasons: 1) I got tired of being so underlevelled around the mid game that I did the Henne Mines levelling trick to get up to like lvl 70 for everyone. and 2) I didn't even realize this was essentially the final dungeon. Later, when I discovered this, i was slightly dissapointed.
author=Fallen-Griever
HEY! LISTEN!
HEY! LISTEN!
HEY! LISTEN!
HEY! LISTEN!

Absolutely genius.

Navi is like the really drunk at the party who just keeps repeating the same thing over and over, although with the drunk there is at least a small chance of him saying something interesting.

*feeds navi to volvagia*
My personal nomination would have to be STEINER from FFIX

At least Navi's dialogue consisted for, the most part, of one or two lines.

Steiner has whole paragraphs.

His pompous "My shit don't stink" Elitism made me pray to every god ever imagined that he catches syphilis from Beatrix.

but he never gets it treated cuz they don't even know what STDs are on Gai so he slowly goes blind and his member coagulates like a pool of blood lying on a sidewalk during a hot summer day in Zimbabwe.

then his brains turns into a loaf of moldy bread from the advanced disease.

then he dies.

Beatrix should have hooked up with Amarant, he seems like a lonely guy who needs a good girl to help him integrate into the productive sector of society.
author=Link_2112
The Vol Brothers from Phantasy Star Universe

Actually...every character from Phantasy Star Universe >.>

He has a ginger ass...

ON HIS HEAD!
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari

I do not think I could tell you how many times I felt snapping the disc into tiny pieces because of that stupid little girl.

Fun game though... :/ LOL

I feel like playing it now..

DAMN YOU ICO!!! DAMN YOU!!!
The kid with the snot in his nose in Windwaker.

Creepy.
author=Cosmic_Sea

His pompous "My shit don't stink" Elitism made me pray to every god ever imagined that he catches syphilis from Beatrix.

but he never gets it treated cuz they don't even know what STDs are on Gai so he slowly goes blind and his member coagulates like a pool of blood lying on a sidewalk during a hot summer day in Zimbabwe.

then he dies.

Beatrix should have hooked up with Amarant, he seems like a lonely guy who needs a good girl to help him integrate into the productive sector of society.

Steiner is actually one of my favorite characters of the series. He's honest, sincere, and he uh, develops. Did you finish the game?
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Cosmic_Sea

then he dies.

Steiner is actually one of my favorite characters of the series. He's honest, sincere, and he uh, develops. Did you finish the game?

Mog's right. Annoying does not mean terrible. It means this character engages an intense emotional response from you...
...making them a success as a character

Norma annoyed the shit out of me in Tales of Symphonia but she develops and grows and has personality traits that are annoying. She's not just flat-out glaringly lacking in quality. Steiner is obnoxious, yes, but you described him as "pompous" and "elitist" - strong, definable personality traits for a developed character!
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Cosmic_Sea

then he dies.

Ya i finished the game, he does develop so i guess he would instead fall under "Personally the most annoying, for the most part"

author=Versalia
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Cosmic_Sea

then he dies.

Mog's right. Annoying does not mean terrible. It means this character engages an intense emotional response from you...

Norma annoyed the shit out of me in Tales of Symphonia but she develops and grows and has personality traits that are annoying. She's not just flat-out glaringly lacking in quality. Steiner is obnoxious, yes, but you described him as "pompous" and "elitist" - strong, definable personality traits for a developed character!

i never looked at it like that.

i instead change my worst video game character to the Yellow DOt from Atari's "Adventure"

Such a flat undeveloped character.
Just about any character that blocks your path in a game.

Special shoutout goes to Shani's Grandma from The Witcher, that annoying old lady wouldn't let me into Shani's house 2/3 times, sending me back out to get attacked by assassins and vampires.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=Cosmic_Sea
author=Versalia
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Cosmic_Sea

then he dies.

i never looked at it like that.

i instead change my worst video game character to the Yellow DOt from Atari's "Adventure"

Such a flat undeveloped character.

Speaking of ToS:Dawn of the New World - while he does eventually become tolerable, I spent the better part of most of the game wishing Emil would explode. I was like "Holy shit, even a sopping wet pair of panties have more of a backbone than this asshole." Every time he opened his mouth or made yet another retardedly stupid decision or remark and I wanted to punch him in the face. It didn't help that he had a massive grudge against the most awesome protagonist from the previous game, who you already love.
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Cosmic_Sea

this. The whole point is that Steiner starts out as an insufferable jerkhole and changes in a fairly believable way. He was an entertaining (and endearing imo) character and great addition to FFIX's overall great cast; the Zenigata to Zidane's Lupin. His theme songs still put a goofy smile on my face.

I guess I found Shana in Legend of Dragoon to be pretty annoying. It was pretty cool how Dart completely ignored her feelings for him for like 3/4 of the game, though. "You're like a sister to me!"
author=InfectionFiles
Fran is a glorified Chewbacca. =D

Why did I read that? :(
Worst ever.

TRASHMAN from Twisted Metal 4

http://youtu.be/D03ZWsAYQZg

TRASH IS MY KINGDOM!