WORST VIDEOGAME CHARACTER.

post=91208
post=91128
People seem to be forgetting...
VAAN ISN'T THE MAIN CHARACTER.
The main character is the one with most relevance to the story. Ashe was clearly the main character of FF12.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes, he's plastered all over the promo and you're forced to "use" him when you're in towns, but he really isn't the leading character and the game doesn't treat him as such. He's mainly just along for the ride, but he doesn't steal attention from the other characters.

Truth to be told, Vaan wasn't even featured a whole lot to invoke so much hatred among players, but whatevs. I kinda liked him, because I expected him to be a whiny insufferable brat and he wasn't.

If he isn't the main character, then why is he the one plastered all over the promos/the one you're forced to use in towns(surely they can make an onscreen character sprite changable?) Why does the game manual/information describe him as the main character?

I'll answer that: because the purpose was to create a main character that wasn't directly involved in the plot but somehow found themselves caught up in the events, to give players a different feel from the other final fantasy games...to have a main character that *wasn't* the main hero. It was something new and different that they wanted to try. It didn't work.
I agree with Kindredz except for the last sentence.
Vaan was a pathetically developed shallow boring character. So was Penelo. They were part of that group for no other reason then coincidence and that doesn't fare for me in a Final Fantasy story. Despite this, FF12 was great. :)
^^Yeah, that's why I said that it didn't work. The idea they had would have been WAYYYYY better if Vaan and Penelo had better personalities, instead of just standing around listening to everyone else talk.
Yoyo from Bahamut Lagoon... what a whore. >.> And don't even get me started on that creepy old man... he's a good character to use... but ughhh.... he reminds me of Herbert from Family Guy...
I don't think I posted in this post before, but yes. The OP is right. Shirley. (From Tales of Legendia). Too bad her character theme music is cool.
What, no love for the Duck Hunt dog?
Hey, everyone in FFX is awesome, and I only disagreed with a few of the voice castors (including Yuna).

Now then..... worst game characetr ever.....

Don't ask me why, but John Walker or whatever from Project Snowblind. He just pisses me off.

At least Zelda gets kidnapped while trying to defend herself or do something useful but no, not Peach.
post=91418
At least Zelda gets kidnapped while trying to defend herself or do something useful but no, not Peach.

But, but, without ditzy Peach there would be no game.
Daisy is worse. What does she do? She can't even get kidnapped.
Once, haha, she got nothing on Peach.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
post=91330
Yoyo from Bahamut Lagoon... what a whore. >.>

Yeah she was an awful boring character. I think that may have been more of a fault with the translators for the patch I used, though.
post=90915
Excuse me, but there is only one correct answer.

Princess Alicia, the one on the rightmost throne seat. It's too big of a spoiler to discuss if you haven't played Live-a-Live...but if you have, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Ugh. The only character with inarguably ZERO redeeming qualities.

khasgdkasdghfaskdjhgsakdjhfsdakjh

now I gotta replay that game. but god. that game awed me.
^^I literally just played that scene today. Yeah, she's up there for what she did but still nowhere near Shirley...

That game was WAYYYYYY before its time...
post=91243
post=91208
post=91128
People seem to be forgetting...
VAAN ISN'T THE MAIN CHARACTER.
The main character is the one with most relevance to the story. Ashe was clearly the main character of FF12.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes, he's plastered all over the promo and you're forced to "use" him when you're in towns, but he really isn't the leading character and the game doesn't treat him as such. He's mainly just along for the ride, but he doesn't steal attention from the other characters.

Truth to be told, Vaan wasn't even featured a whole lot to invoke so much hatred among players, but whatevs. I kinda liked him, because I expected him to be a whiny insufferable brat and he wasn't.
If he isn't the main character, then why is he the one plastered all over the promos/the one you're forced to use in towns(surely they can make an onscreen character sprite changable?) Why does the game manual/information describe him as the main character?

I'll answer that: because the purpose was to create a main character that wasn't directly involved in the plot but somehow found themselves caught up in the events, to give players a different feel from the other final fantasy games...to have a main character that *wasn't* the main hero. It was something new and different that they wanted to try. It didn't work.

The REAL reason Vaan is called "the main character" is to sell copies. That's it. He's used to lure in teenbait who like playing as girly-looking dudes to get them to buy the game, after which Vaan is quickly pushed to the side while the real leads emerge.

It's kind of like Drew Barrymore and Scream (omg, BAD EXAMPLE!). She was advertised as being the lead (one of the leads), but she definitely wasn't.
^^Hmm. The Scream comparison doesn't really fit. I don't remember Barrymore being advertised as a lead. It was advertised that she was in it, yes...but not a lead. Besides, her character was killed...Vaan wasn't but should have been.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
It's somewhat entertaining to watch the weathered, downtrodden street rat punch the shit out of the final boss.