GAWSHDARN IT! A LITTLE HELP WITH A TIRING SYSTEM!

Pages: first 12 next last
Okay so, i'm trying to come up with a way to encourage mp conservation with a tiring system. Since in my game, mp is known as energy, i want it to make you tired (a status effect) when it reaches 0.

So i have variables for each character monitoring their mp. And i have events (common and battle) that add the effect when mp is 0 and remove them when it's above 0.

The problem is, I either get the condition and it doesn't go away, or it just doesn't show up.

For example, I went into battle, used up all of my mp, and didn't get tired.

So i changed it give me the condition when on the field, and when i'm in battle with mp over 0, it removes it.

Now I never get tired...

Help me, guys! I use 2k3 by the way.
Did that fix it? If not, I can do some experimenting in battle events and see if I can't make it work.
If I remember right, in battle a status effect is removed if the hero/monster is inflicted with another status effect that has a priority that is more than ten higher.

I'm not sure if it's different for when you use an event to inflict the status effect.
I have all my conditions between 90 and 100. I've never had a reason to think that one condition cancelling out another would be cool and/or strategic. Maybe being poisoned sucks so bad, you forget about being blind.
There are some logical explanations for that functionality. An example being a Haste spell that cancels Slow in the process.
Necropost for more help.

For some reason in battle, when my En reaches 0, it won't change conditions.

Goddamn it 2k3, of course i can only set the variable to above the chosen number -_-
post=91761
There are some logical explanations for that functionality. An example being a Haste spell that cancels Slow in the process.

Yeah, but you wouldn't do that with priority, you would make the spell heal the slow condition. And the other way around for slow "healing" haste.
I had to do some tricky stuff in my game to make Fishing work. I had to set a variable, and if it was LESS THAN or equal to a set number, you caught one kind of fish; go lower, a better one; lower still, much better.
Maybe you should make it so that if your MP is BELOW 1, it triggers a condition that adds the tired status?
because I'm not sure how event's are handled during battles, you might need to do some fancy footwork.
You could go in and make the condition I stated a common event, and add it to the data for each enemy troop... But that might take too long, depending on how many troops you have made.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=94243
post=91761
Yeah, but you wouldn't do that with priority, you would make the spell heal the slow condition. And the other way around for slow "healing" haste.

No good. A skill in 2k3 my either inflict status conditions, or remove them. You can't set it individually.
Oh wait, ha, I forgot. Why couldn't they just let it be where multiple conditions can be there at once like lots of RPGs I've played.
...they can be. My I have a spell that makes a character poisoned and "Bleeding", which is the same, except for it only wears off if cured or at end of battle.
Maybe I'll change it to "Cured Only". because it doesn't make sense for you to magically stop bleeding after a fight.
Man, that would be a pain the *** to have to deal with.
Especially if you couldn't cure it right away.
Iunno. You guys tell me what you think.

Oh, and sorry for this little thread hijack. :P
Anyway, did you tray adding the event to EVERY enemy troop?
Sometimes that's the only way to get the effect you want from a script.
Yes, i've done it to every group.
What i need is a battle event that inflicts "tired" when mp is 0.
However, i'm not sure how to do this because the Variable trigger is only above the selected number.
Maybe make it so that a vaiarble is your max MP, and another variable, (your CURRENT MP) is subtracted from the first variable. If this vriable = 0, then Tired is inflicted on the person?

I'm going to try and make this work.

May I see the code you currently have?

I'm fairly decent with eventing, and I'd like to test my skill. :)
thanks for helping.
I'm not sure where to put these variables.
See, the whole thing works fine on the map, it's just in battle it won't work.

Anyways, here're my common events.

play...I''ve been monkeying with this a bit in VX.
I know VX is different, but I may have found a solution!

NOTE: I'm guessing tired wears off after battle, since they can rest then. If so, this *may* Work.

First, make a useless spell only for the purpose of healing tired (so naturally, it cancels tired when used. make it work only on SELF.)We wil name it "Energized". If RM2k3 can make this spell invisible, great.

Next, add into each troop a variable for each characters current MP.
Then make a loop. Inside, put two (seperate) conditional statements; one for if MP = 0, then inflict Tired.
one for if MP > 0 then "force action (partymember) use (spell we just made) on (randomtarget)"
It will only be able to target the user, however, so random just means it randomly selects the user everytime.

Finally, and this is important,
MAKE ALL YOUR MP RESTORING ITEMS AND ABILITIES CANCEL TIRED.

This triple threat will cure it!
Otherwise, your still out of the fight!

It seems my "restore MP+remove tired+cast tired-cancelling spell" will cure you of tiredness.
Pages: first 12 next last