LOOKING TO BUY NEW LIGHTWEIGHT LAPTOP, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Pages: 1
Looking for 13 inch, under 5 pounds, 2.2Ghz+ and under 1.5k, vista premium.
NOT a Dell. I just finished rebuilding 3 Dell laptops for work, two of them brand new. (E6500 and E6400). I would not recommend them.
ASUS makes some good stuff. Don't know if they've got the 5-pounders though. Why such a thin laptop?
post=92162
NOT a Dell. I just finished rebuilding 3 Dell laptops for work, two of them brand new. (E6500 and E6400). I would not recommend them.

And why not?

I've heard that Acer laptops are made of cheap parts, so that's something to avoid.

5 pounds is pretty light though, not sure you're gonna have much options.
Both of the new ones have bad sectors on their harddrives, the paint is peeling off of the speaker piece after only 2 months use on one of them, and in the short time I've had them I've had 3 freezes forcing a hard reboot.
I'm going to listen to this ad instead of paying attention to your experiences.

I've got nothing.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
I had a Sony Vaio A Series laptop which was very expensive and ~apparently~ very quality, but the motherboard inexplicably died after 2 years, just like every other Sony product I've ever had. I am sure you can figure out what recommendation I am making here.
post=92197
Both of the new ones have bad sectors on their harddrives, the paint is peeling off of the speaker piece after only 2 months use on one of them, and in the short time I've had them I've had 3 freezes forcing a hard reboot.

Anecdotal rebuttal: I've had my Dell Inspiron for almost a year and the only issue I've ever had with it is when I tell it to sleep it sometimes reboots instead. Bonus: Dell is the only seller I found where I could get a finer panel (WXGA+) although it's still glossy as fuck :\

Of course now the warrenty is almost up and now everything can now go wrong with it.
Pages: 1