MACE: THE DARK AGE

Pages: 1
Okay. So Mace: The Dark Age is a pretty obscure fighting game that was released on the Nintendo 64. The gameplay leans a bit towards the broken side and nothing about the game is particularly remarkable, but the graphics are actually fairly decent for its time and when stood alongside the rest of the N64's library of 3D fighters, it looks damn good.

Anyway, this game has sentimental value to me as it was the first fighting game I seriously got into, so has anyone else ever played/heard of this game? Just curious.
When I was a teenager, I thought the box art looked pretty cool, because it had that 90s, goth, bloody aesthetic that was en vogue at the time.

I've never played it though.
Speaking of obscure fighting games that are probably bad, has anyone played Toshiden? I played it for the PC. I remember it being really MK gorey.

post=92848
Speaking of obscure fighting games that are probably bad, has anyone played Toshiden? I played it for the PC. I remember it being really MK gorey.

Never played it, but I have heard of it. It looks... charming?
I ended up snagging Battle Arena Toshinden when I bought my PS1. I would describe it as okay. Controls are a bit clunky and it was a bit too easy to get a ring out, but at the time of its release that was pretty standard for a 3D Fighter.
I own Battle Arena Toshinden. Never actually played it, at least not in recent memory. it's got to be in my basement somewhere...
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Lord Deimos rawr!

I used to have like a 7 hit combo down to a T. It's the one that involves the sword helicopter move where it sounds like he's saying "ice and juice."
post=93601
Didn't you guys own copies of any Capcom games way back when..?

Darkstalkers. Enough said.
Tobal No 1 is the best obscure fighting game, and best fighting game in general.

I respect this thread and its obscure fighters.

Toshiden was the PSX's "killer app" I think when it launched. URNOTE ENOS (for the super dorks out there).
post=93924
Tobal No 1 is the best obscure fighting game, and best fighting game in general.

Yeah I thought it was actually pretty good. The grapple-based and "heavy"-feeling combat were pretty cool, and really unlike any other fighters at the time (Street Fighter 3??).
Pages: 1