ENEMY CHARACTER SETS

Pages: 1
Hey, seeing as I would just love to have non-random encounters in RPG Maker 2003, I'm afriad I only have the RTP sets and the single Lufia 2 enemy sprite set shown below:

Does anyone have good non-random-encounter enemy sets?
I thank thee, but I was think about something a little less Lufia. I'll use them anyway, the original artist did a pretty good job.
Well, I assumed you were looking for lufia since there were no directions in terms of graphical style (rtp/height/brightness or more preferably, samples).

Otherwise, you could do all enemies in the same (or similar) charactersprite (for consistency)
I know, the problem I have is that 100s of other people might be using lufia monsters as their enemies too.

You could use that if you want. I made it a little while back but since my current project isn't custom work I'm not using it, nor do I have plans to.

I figure going with a light ball or something is preferable when doing touch encounters, as you don't have to worry about getting the right sprite for the monsters contained and you can be consistant throughout the game.
Like new style Wizardry? That PS2 game had the enemies as vauge clouds of red smoke. No, I want the player to know the type of monster on the map and then if it's something they find hard to beat or not. I would draw some FFMQ style enemies but I think the player would have a hard time believing that a monster is half the size you are on the map and much larger in battle.

Though your picture might match my enemy the closest- which I think is funny:
Man, having a complete set of charsets for your monsters can be hard.. Your best bet is to use that white/red spirit charset for every monster but if you DO find a set of charsets that look like your monsters, then you're pretty lucky..
It will be difficult to find a unique set of monsters short of ripping it from another game.

I suggest using the spirit set that Lennon offered and setting up some ground rules so that the player knows what each given color represents.

Example:
White=normal enemy
Blue=weak enemy
Red=tough enemy
Green=rare enemy
Black=boss enemy

If you're consistent with this style it ends up being easy for the players to guage any given encounter. A lot easier than say comparing a kobold to a wolf.
Funnily enough I've done that same thing with the same colors and meanings in an earlier game.
Or I could do both, where I outline the character in red or something to make it stand out.
You could make a variable to make the displayed difficulty level relative to the hero's level/experience.

I like the color idea. If I were building a game from the ground up, I might implement that.
The World Tower used a crystal for encounters, the colour told you how many enemies were inside, like Silviera's colour code.
Pages: 1