WORST GAME YOU PERSONALLY DO LIKE.

I figured, why not?
Name a game that you admit is bad/unpopular, but you personally like it.

I'll get this going:
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
Final Fantasy VIII (PSX)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (PS2)
Star Wars (NES)
The Empire Strikes Back (NES)
Joust II (unpopular, not bad. I could never like a game that I would classify as bad now could I?)

Also, your classification of bad/unpopular games needs some adjusting.
I'd hardly call Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter bad.
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING.)
Those CD-I Zelda games
Okage: Shadow King (Well, no one ever paid much attention to it. My favorite game of all time.)
Rule of Rose
SaGa games
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
FFII definitely goes here.

First off, I feel it contains some of Nobuo's finest work, like Rose Battle, The Rebel Army, and especially Black Dragon

Second, I enjoyed leveling through play style. When not abused by hitting your own party or the like, it creates a constant progression of difficulty that appealed to me.

Third, it taught me a few things about placing monsters in enemy groups. Pairing the monster that confuses allies with the one that raises the party's attack; or pairing the monster that casts Blind with the monster that has high evasion. It made battles more than just hack-and-slash, and in my experience, far more entertaining. It also lent a degree of difficulty that most contemporary FFs lack; being a player who doesn't mind dying from time to time, I enjoyed that as well.

Lastly,

Firion looks badass.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that Minwu, the first character to be fully devoted to White Magic, is a dude. Take that, Rosa. Also worth mentioning are the first Chocobos, the first Cid, and the first FF villains to kill off characters. Not to mention the fact that Emperor Mateus takes over hell after you kill him.
-Mace: The Dark Age
-Every DBZ fighting game
-Wario Land 4 (not a bad game outright, but I know a lot of people don't care for it)
-Overlord
-Every Tiger Woods PGA Tour game
-Dungeon Keeper
-Theme Hospital
post=93086
Joust II (unpopular, not bad. I could never like a game that I would classify as bad now could I?)

Also, your classification of bad/unpopular games needs some adjusting.
I'd hardly call Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter bad.

Neither would I. But it seems to be the least popular of the five games.
The black sheep, if you will.

I have bad/unpopular there to mean bad and/or unpopular.

post=93089
FFIIdefinitely goes here.

First off, I feel it contains some of Nobuo's finest work, like Rose Battle, The Rebel Army, and especially Black Dragon

Second, I enjoyed leveling through play style. When not abused by hitting your own party or the like, it creates a constant progression of difficulty that appealed to me.

Third, it taught me a few things about placing monsters in enemy groups. Pairing the monster that confuses allies with the one that raises the party's attack; or pairing the monster that casts Blind with the monster that has high evasion. It made battles more than just hack-and-slash, and in my experience, far more entertaining. It also lent a degree of difficulty that most contemporary FFs lack; being a player who doesn't mind dying from time to time, I enjoyed that as well.

Lastly,

Firion looks badass.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that Minwu, the first character to be fully devoted to White Magic, is a dude. Take that, Rosa. Also worth mentioning are the first Chocobos, the first Cid, and the first FF villains to kill off characters. Not to mention the fact that Emperor Mateus takes over hell after you kill him.

I agree with all of this.
Except, wasn't there a mention of a Cid in FFI?
Yeah, but it wasn't in the original FFI.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I really really like a lot of terrible games.

-The 7th Saga
-Pacific Theatre of Operations 2
-Every Romance of the Three Kingdoms game
-Civilization 4
-Age of Empires / Age of Kings
-TMNT: Tournament Fighters
-Actraiser 1/2
-Arcana
-Battletoads for SNES
-Rock 'N Roll Racing
-E.V.O. Search for Eden

And in agreement with Shaboba:

-Mace: The dark age. I love this game! It's so underrated. The controls are smooth, easy, and intuitive, and the characters are awesome. The music sucks, but the graphics are REALLY good for being an N64 game. I'm surprised this wasn't more popular.
post=93113

-The 7th Saga
-Pacific Theatre of Operations 2
-Every Romance of the Three Kingdoms game
-Civilization 4
-TMNT: Tournament Fighters
-Actraiser 1/2
-Arcana
-Battletoads for SNES
-Rock 'N Roll Racing
-E.V.O. Search for Eden

And in agreement with Shaboba:

-Mace: The dark age. I love this game! It's so underrated. The controls are smooth, easy, and intuitive, and the characters are awesome. The music sucks, but the graphics are REALLY good for being an N64 game. I'm surprised this wasn't more popular.

THANK YOU. Taria owns. I REALLY wish they would have made a sequel... can you imagine how a Mace game would have looked on a next-gen console?

Oh, and I agree with basically everything on your list.
Goal! (NES)

I don't really remember much about this game other than it really sucked and that it was really fun when we played it co-op through the World Cup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hu0A7s0JUE
harmonic
I was not good with Taria, but I loved her outfit and style.

I could lay waste to Jesus with Lord Deimos or Al-Rashid. Takeshi too.
Taria, Namira, and Dregan were my favorites. The Executioner was just badass incarnate. Hell Knight was also fun... and of course Lord Deimos was a classic. I'd like to see a pussy like Nightmare of Soul Calibur go up against Deimos. ^_^
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
Quest 64. Most people say it's infamously bad. I beg to differ- with another year's development time, Quest could have been something really special.

I devoted many hours to this game when I was much younger. I loved it to death, regardless of its many design flaws, overuse of common fantasy tropes, and that sense that the game was released before it was really finished.
post=93113
-Rock 'N Roll Racing

agfak

what's terrible with these?! The music in age of Empires is probably one of the best video game soundtracks ever! and Age of Kings, playing this at a LAN party for example, fucking incredible :D

Also, rock n' roll racing = awesomeness

btw, anyone besides me who played;

and loved it?
I'll go with games I like and think are actually bad, because I don't know popular opinion on many games.

7th Saga.
Lufia 1 and 2.
Klondike (Solitaire for the ipod)
Paladin's Quest
Mystic Quest
Ultima: Exodus
Oni for the PS2, It's not a bad game, but it's pretty unpopular. Had loads of fun playing it but it doesn't look like there's going to be a sequel now that Bungie has the Halo series cash cow.
Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tierkreis
Astonishia Story
The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermilion - Again, not bad but a lot of people had problems with the localisation that, because they'd over-hyped its atrocity so much, I never really saw...
Alundra 2
Devilish for DS - odd 'breakout quest' budget game
Luminous Arc - Don't know about bad, but was very generic/uninteresting

also goddamnit! I didn't really get on with FFII when I tried it a few years ago but ChaosProductions' post has made me want to give it another go, now...
harmonic
Mr. Nemo:

Theyre not terrible at all, just more obscure than they should be. :)

Nothing beats a good old epic age of kings match. Mongols > all!

Also, yay, more love for 7th Saga.

Add for me: Ultima Quest of the Avatar.
Brigandine
Tactics Ogre
Ogre Battle
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Duelist of the Roses.