WEAPON DURABILITY

Pages: 1
Is there any way to give a weapon a duribility value like in the Fire Emblem games? What I mean is, is there any way to program a weapon or item to "break" (dissapear and drop out from your inventory) after a certain number of uses/attacks?
Also, is there any way to give weapon levels, also from Fire Emblem?
In what maker? In Rm2k3 you can detect when a character uses the Attack battle command in a Battle Events page. From there, you can call a Common Event that checks some numbers, subtracts 1 from durability, and unequips that weapon if durability <= 0.
Thanks. I get what your saying, but how do you set a variable in the first place? Also, can you set multiple variables to have different durability level for different weapons, but still have the call event work for every one? Other than that, I think I can figure it out.
And yeah, this is for RM 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
author=Spazzgamer27 link=topic=459.msg6237#msg6237 date=1197666106
Thanks. I get what your saying, but how do you set a variable in the first place? Also, can you set multiple variables to have different durability level for different weapons, but still have the call event work for every one? Other than that, I think I can figure it out.
And yeah, this is for RM 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
Yeah, that's real problem, isn't it? There isn't a real effective and failsafe way to ensure that the weapon that is equipped is the one that lowers in durability.

Every time an item is added to your inventory, it creates an instance of the object defined in the Items tab of your database. Unfortunately, when using RM2k3 conditionals, you can only check against an item type, and not an item instance. That is, you can check if you have an Iron Sword equipped, but you can't check if you have this particular Iron Sword equipped.

So, unless you only ever have one copy of an weapon item throughout the entire game (like, how Secret of Mana did - there was only ever 8 weapons instances), this won't work.
Pages: 1