RM2K3 TIMER

Pages: 1
...How in gods name do I get this confounded thing to actually work for me? I can remember working one of these only once, and it was in RPG Maker 2000. Never tried it with 2003. is there a problem with it or am I just not doing something right? I set it, then tell it to srart...but it does nothing. It just goes back to 00:00.
Sounds like an event problem. Does anything else affect the clock? I would run some tests with an press key activated event and nothing else.
Agah. Nope, not as far as I know. The event I had going for testing it was pretty simple, with me setting the clock to "00:01" and then starting it up. However...it'd stay like that for a second, and then disappear offscreen for a second, and reappear at "00:00."

I've done parallel processing (Set time auto, then passes off in to a parallel with the clock starting) and that did nothing. Tried the same set-up but in different ways...and yet nothing. =\
The rm2k3 timer only counts down. So if you set at it five seconds it will disappear in five seconds.
Why do you want 1 second on the timer? For kicks, I made an Action Press triggered event with 2 operations, one set the timer to 20, the other started the timer and had it displayed on the screen. It counted down to zero just like expected.

Are you setting and starting the same timer? There are two. Sorry if that's a stupid question.

EDIT: OH. You wanted it to count up.
If you want a clock, not a timer, you have to make it yourself.
Of course, leave it to me to make such a stupid mistake. Oi. Sorry about that, but sometimes my brain just...doesn't really work all that well. I don't know why I wanted it to count up, because down makes a lot more sense. =|

Pages: 1