I HATE THESE INTERNET FORUMS...

Pages: first 1234 next last
...But then why do I stay?

I don't really understand it myself, after all the BS that has happened since I started coming around the boards in 2007, after the way my masterpiece was treated and is still treated today. Why do I still come back around here? Why do I still go to hang with people who really still treat me like garbage?

There is something about these places that make me wanna stay, but I don't understand...I have my own site now, things are going still great, so why do I stay?

Tell me my follows friends, why does anyone stay here? All we get is ripped apart. And if you say: "Well, to submit games and play them?" because man...as of late, I find myself all nervous and panicky when it comes to releasing games on the site. Probably because I want to jam pack full of features on it, I dunno...why do people stay here? It's much more peaceful in someways to just hang alone and make games on your spare time. You have less distractions that way. Like LOOK! 30 min's here, and I could of finished something on my projects, damn.

...I hate the forums...
Maybe you are too sensitive? There's no reciprocity on the internet, so a lot of people are jerks . . . I guess you just have to deal with it. There's a ton of great discussion that goes on at places like this in-between the flames and trolls.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'd have to say brandon's right. It's all too easy to give in to the trolling and flaming, so you have to brace yourself. Negative feedback can also be tough to deal with, but if people are tearing your work apart, then there's probably a reason for it (and not just because they dislike you).

Take me, for example. I've been here for a while and my games are hardly any more popular now than they were before. I've gotten both shoddy reviews and glowing praise in all the time I've been here, and sorting out what's useful and what's not hasn't been easy. But I keep at it, because I believe I can improve the way I make games by taking what others say into consideration. That's why I'm still here. I'm not always here, but I still visit daily.

I'll admit, you do have a bad reputation in the RM* world, S4D. But that stemmed mostly from your advertising habits at Gaming World. People got sick of your hyper-optimism. You've been a lot quieter recently, so I doubt people are still quite so annoyed of you as they were. You mustn't let the ones who are still bitter get to you.
semper gaems

also, you are WAY TOO INVESTED emotionally in your projects. Stand back a bit and get some perspective. For one thing, stop calling your work "masterpieces". That's just vain. Show some humility.
I come here because sometimes things happen here :).

(Welcome back Brenty! I knew you'd come back to us. Post more! :D)
I tried to find the post where I stated that s4d would be back within a week or two because this is what he always does
Well, I guess it's hard to leave. I mean...it's Real Men Network for godsakes, how can anyone turn away from THAT!?

...But as for putting up Monopolo (or anything else of that matter) I have set a deadline for myself, that if these games AREN'T up by Sep. 1, then I don't think they will be up at all. Then, only the blog will host them.

As for RMN, I would like to come around here more then Gaying World. Even if the games aren't up or are. I just think RMN has done a way better job at doing things around here to make it exciting. Everyone here tries their best to make this site shine, whereas Gaying World is going through a big time phase, where I doubt that site will survive in a few months. (plus they were the ones responsible for the Monopolo crisis, NOT here.)

RRR is just too big and confusing for my tastes. This site is just perfect. I like it here, I'll probably stick to coming around here as much as I can.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
We have requirements for games for certain reasons. Please follow them. If you want to submit your game here, feel free to do so, fulfilling all requirements.

Please stop bringing up GW.
Alright, I won't bring up you know who anymore.

But it's tough for me to submit my games, because although I know you need really just a summary, screenshots & download link. I'm usually one of those perfectionists who want to jam pack it with a lot of content, I could carbon copy what I have on the blogsite, but then...what's the point of the blogsite then? So it's tough, I dunno...

Anyways, it's late right now. I have till Sept. 1 to decide. I think I'll go make some games until I fall asleep.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Submit it and then add stuff on it as it goes. Not rocket science.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Easy, use the nice shiny new page function!

Shameless Plug Example!

Well...

WHY I SHOULD:
- Because the blogsite isn't really getting a lot of hits, and it's sad to see good games like I'm making go to waste, I have to admit, it was nice to be in the limelight for what I did, it gave me the energy to work hard and try and finish my projects. I mean, I can still do them...even with school and my schedule.

Also with no reviews, no mentioning on the outside world, it can be a bit lonely sometimes. Somedays it's fine, but others...it can drive you crazy.

And third, because as I make more games, and as the site grows...it will become harder to update and add new pages (I have 20 pages on this blogsite already O_o) it only makes sense to just use the blog feature here, and make the games here.

WHY I SHOULDN'T:
- Because the site is really all I need, I also like the layout and that it "depends on the maker, not the player" to add more pages. But not just that, I really think it's quite cool.

My mind says: "just f***ing do it. I feel like adding it to the site. Along with Sugar & The Aquatic Adventures Of Scuba Steve too...hell, why not!? Okay, sure I'll do it. It's tough to take the site down, but who needs a blog when you have this site. Alright, I won't do anything tonight, but I will slowly transfer everything over there okay? Probably will be a few days, along with everything else.

Also, I suppose this is okay...but Sugar really only has one screenshot, since it just got started a few weeks ago. Scuba has 3 shots, but it should be okay right? Anyways, yeah I'll do it. For RMN! ^^
I have a simple decision to make, QUICK! TO THE RMN-MOBILE.
DUH NUH NUNUH NUHnuhNUH NUH REALMAN!
Here's some advice that will help you make faster and better decisions in the future: the things that you do aren't nearly as important, to you or anyone else, as you think they are.

Use that advice wisely.
Stop acting like a woman.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Put more elegantly, you have a tendency to over-dramatize things. This IS only the internet, after all...not life and death.
Pages: first 1234 next last