INCARNATE

Pages: first 12 next last

-Background Story-
On the vast land of Ailartsua, the proud Lephesu who once prospered in these lands now scramble in fear from the reptilian beasts, the Siqvomi. Their presence brought about the destruction of the grand cities which once were, now only several fortresses lie hidden among the ruin. With the onslaught leading to the death of a Lephesian warrior who attempted to escape the clutch of fate, becomes fate when strangely being resurrected from death by a higher, unknown power. Having a mindset absorbed on revenge and the acquired magical abilities now in possession, the Siqvomi finally have a true adversary. Seeking means to defeat the assailants, the phantom incarnate begins to realize that this is far more than a mere war as the truth begins to unfold.

-Special Features-
»Custom Title Screen
»Omake System
»Character Creation System
»Custom Menu System
»Custom Save and Load System
»Custom Real-Time Battle System
»Custom Gave Over Screen
»Day and Night System
..and more

-Screenshots-

:The first scene from the title screen.

:This is where you decide upon your character's traits.

:Gazing upon a river at the break of dusk.

:Displaying the simplistic menu at nightfall.

-F.A.Q.-
Q: What type of genre is this game?
A: Adventure/Role-Playing

Q: How long does it take to play through the current demo?
A: Approximately a couple hours, but there is replay value within the demo itself.

Q: What program was used to develop this game?
A: This game was developed using the legal version of RPG Makerâ„¢ XP v1.02a (English).

Q: Do I need RPG Makerâ„¢ XP or a runtime package installed to play this game?
A: No, you need neither of the previously stated applications installed to play this game.

-Download-
Version: 2.0
File Size: 19.4MB
Primary Source: Download
Online Manual: Help

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Sorry I haven't given a response to this. It looks somewhat interesting, but I don't really have a good feeling for the game.

Can you give us some more details?
I sense some prejudice qualities from your reply, but I can also understand why you feel odd about my game because I try not to disclose too much information about this project for the reason that I want people to be very surprised when playing it.
None the less, I will continue to give more insight on my creation. For starters, this game is not like any other game that has been made with any RPG Maker. This may sound arrogant for me to state, but I certainly feel that this is true. If you love the terrible drama or oldskool fan fiction found in most RPG Maker games in recent times, then I am not sure that this game is quite for you, but I basically wanted to create something that the RPG Maker community has truly never seen, something refreshing to the community.

The game takes place in a small world that gives the player the feeling of freedom, uniqueness, and fun; or at least I tried to incorporate these features to the best of my abilities. I have spent over a year on this project, off and on, releasing the first version, basically only containing the intro, at PhanXgames, but I kept at it and even changed what was in the first version quite significantly. The game, now version 2.0, is approximately two or more hours long, depending on how you play through the demo.
Story wise, the game takes place in the world called Ailartsua, which is inhabited by a race of furry people that are reminiscent of the Kangaroo, known as the Lephesu. The player plays as a Lephesu who miraculously becomes more than just any other of its kind, who then tries to save the Lephesu from the antagonists in the game, the Siqvomi.

The game revolves around a central theme with the idea of a singular village and various days in mind. Days outside of the village last precisely five minutes each and every day is unique up until a specific day which, by then, the game allows you to end the demo by proceeding further north. There are abundant features within this game that no other RPG Maker game maker has implemented and I hope that people will enjoy this game and learn from it as much as I have from creating it.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=Inkogneto link=topic=475.msg6523#msg6523 date=1198141558
but I basically wanted to create something that the RPG Maker community has truly never seen, something refreshing to the community.

To be honest, RTP is not exactly the best choice for this goal.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Inkogneto link=topic=475.msg6523#msg6523 date=1198141558
The game takes place in a small world that gives the player the feeling of freedom, uniqueness, and fun; or at least I tried to incorporate these features to the best of my abilities. I have spent over a year on this project, off and on, releasing the first version, basically only containing the intro, at PhanXgames, but I kept at it and even changed what was in the first version quite significantly. The game, now version 2.0, is approximately two or more hours long, depending on how you play through the demo.
Story wise, the game takes place in the world called Ailartsua, which is inhabited by a race of furry people that are reminiscent of the Kangaroo, known as the Lephesu. The player plays as a Lephesu who miraculously becomes more than just any other of its kind, who then tries to save the Lephesu from the antagonists in the game, the Siqvomi.

The game revolves around a central theme with the idea of a singular village and various days in mind. Days outside of the village last precisely five minutes each and every day is unique up until a specific day which, by then, the game allows you to end the demo by proceeding further north. There are abundant features within this game that no other RPG Maker game maker has implemented and I hope that people will enjoy this game and learn from it as much as I have from creating it.

There we go! That sounds far more interesting than what was in the screens.
author=Ciel link=topic=475.msg6545#msg6545 date=1198181106

Not when RTP graphics are used correctly, that is!

This doesn't look half bad, and the concept is certainly interesting, although I wouldn't say unique--there's a game called Nigsek (http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/100/) which used a similar idea, I think (coincidentally, the plot is "oldskool fanfiction"). Then again, I haven't actually played the game yet--I'm judging this solely on your pitch--so I'm probably wrong.

I wouldn't necessarily say that RPG Maker games are all terrible dramas and oldskool fanfiction, though. Video games aren't renowned for having ground-breaking stories, but there's several RPG Maker games (The Way, A Blurred Line, Last Scenario to an extent) which transcend this limitation somewhat. Of course, most of these are old games, so you could be right about the newer ones, for all I know.

This game doesn't include any Australian-folktale influences, does it? I don't think I've ever seen Quinkans or Bunyips in an RPG Maker game, and since the characters look a bit like kangaroos...
author=Ciel link=topic=475.msg6545#msg6545 date=1198181106

Well, by the looks of my screenshots, it is easy to tell that I did use runtime package graphics. However, I edited some of the graphics and I even added my own. Almost all charset graphics are custom and all of the custom systems within the game use original graphics as well. I also made sure that the graphics I used from the runtime package were exactly what I wanted for my game because many of the runtime graphics are horrible, I agree.

author=yamata no orochi link=topic=475.msg6552#msg6552 date=1198188715
Not when RTP graphics are used correctly, that is!

You are correct, I tried to use the runtime package graphics to the best of my advantage and I tried to utilize them in a way that most RPG Maker games don't.

This doesn't look half bad, and the concept is certainly interesting, although I wouldn't say unique--there's a game called Nigsek (http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/100/) which used a similar idea, I think (coincidentally, the plot is "oldskool fanfiction"). Then again, I haven't actually played the game yet--I'm judging this solely on your pitch--so I'm probably wrong.

The game Nigsek: A Monster's Tail also uses the idea of a singular village and various days, I agree. I also want to say that Nigsek is one of my favorite RPG Maker games and it did inspire me a little, but like I said, this game is totally different from previous games made with any RPG Maker application.

I wouldn't necessarily say that RPG Maker games are all terrible dramas and oldskool fanfiction, though. Video games aren't renowned for having ground-breaking stories, but there's several RPG Maker games (The Way, A Blurred Line, Last Scenario to an extent) which transcend this limitation somewhat. Of course, most of these are old games, so you could be right about the newer ones, for all I know.

Yes, those are great RPG Maker games, I agree. I just wanted to expel the idea of most RPG Maker games in recent times being any good in my opinion, like you said.

This game doesn't include any Australian-folktale influences, does it? I don't think I've ever seen Quinkans or Bunyips in an RPG Maker game, and since the characters look a bit like kangaroos...

lol, no.
Five more screenshots have been added and they can be viewed here.

Please leave any comments or suggestions that you might have in this thread or on the game's page.
Incarnate has been updated to accommodate suggestions that new players have posted in response to playing the previous version and I hope that new players will find the beginning of the game more suitable.
I think i'll give this game a try only because i played your other game. Pong.

That was Genius. ;D
Thanks, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer in my newest product, and feel free to leave any feedback whatsoever.
Incarnate has been updated with minor changes and bug fixes.
I played this and i thought it was quite good although i didn't really like the main character, but that's just me.
I had a little free time, so I decided to check your game out. The game is put together very well, but I felt it lacked a good battle system, and the animations were pretty poor. The day/night system where you had to constantly run back to the inn is very annoying.

Also, lack of healing is annoying. The games character sprites are strange looking, but they fit the game overall. I thought the story line was mediocre at best. I think you could do a lot better than this. Seems you spend more time adding fluff than working on the important parts of your game.

The token thing is cool to open up the little bonuses you can get on the title screen, but the pricing on items and spells is absurd. Also, the "Custom Creation" was a total let down. I thought I would be seeing some mind blowing classes and things but nothing like that at all.

You hyped this game and got me to download it because here I am thinking this will blow me away. I was totally let down by this project.

Overall, it was pretty decent. I give you 5 out of 10 for doing your best.
The game was pretty good overall, but same thing as drakiyth, running back to the inn was a hassle. Also, unfortuneatly, the demo was very short. Anyways, I felt like the RTP was used perfectly.

At the end of the game, you get a spell Telekenisis, but the one thing I would want to experiment with is to try to move around the lephesu with the spell... I give Incarnate a 7 out of ten overall. I hope the next version of Incarnate is a bit longer and that there is less interacting with NPCs and dialogue (but I understand why it's called "A Lephesu Apologue", it's based on dialogue!).
I got stuck and couldn't figure out what I was suppose to do a village...
I thought it was the end of the demo, but after reading other people's comments it turns out it wasn't.
The letter k looks a lot like the letter h in that font.
This is merely a demo that I made by myself with my free time for no profit and mostly out of fun. The game changes as I keep working on it and so far the demo has already been downloaded over 300 times, so something must be good about it I assume.

In my opinion, compared to almost every other rpg maker game, just the demo for my game puts them to shame. I know that sounds rash or egotistical of me, but look at most of the games made with the rpg maker programs. I have played countless amounts of these amateur games and I honestly believe that most of them are a completely waste of time to even look at.

I appreciate the feedback, but I don't believe any game is perfect because there is no game that everyone likes and I don't think people realize that this is only a demo. I simply hope that some people enjoy this game so far as much as I had making it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Inkogneto link=topic=475.msg11162#msg11162 date=1206765859
In my opinion, compared to almost every other rpg maker game, just the demo for my game puts them to shame. I know that sounds rash or egotistical of me, but look at most of the games made with the rpg maker programs. I have played countless amounts of these amateur games and I honestly believe that most of them are a completely waste of time to even look at.

Then don't bother with the community? Seriously, if you say I WILL NOT PLAY YOUR GAMES then people will not play your own "incredible" game.

I was going to see if this game was as okayish as the replies said, but now I've decided that this project is a complete waste of time to look at.

-<3, Craze
Pages: first 12 next last