SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

Cause hes doing something different.

How about I treat you to dinner if you're ever in the New York City area? I'll warm up a plate for you and defecate on it. That's different, right?

Nightblade, use the third one. Games (especially rm2k3 ones) that use the other two always tend to have an issue with jagged edges with the portraits since there is no background color to compliment them. Photoshop does a good job of blending the background color with the actual portrait. I'm not too sure how big your portraits are going to be when they're done, but you have about 65-70 pixels of space until the message box alignment becomes a problem.

That's a good point, I had nearly forgotten about that issue.
How about I treat you to dinner if you're ever in the New York City area? I'll warm up a plate for you and defecate on it. That's different, right?

hey you can't be hilarious this isn't allowed what's going on here
O-o-okay guys, lets all be happy and post more screenshots!

This is an old screenshot from way back, back when I thought sewer levels were a good idea.
Sewer levels aren't a good idea?!?!? Although that is a gigantic river of slime for such a tiny pipe...

Taking my own pictures now. White font brightens text. Makes easier readering.

The Third Day

The most infamous clash of the Eastern Alliance and the rebel Ragnarok Organization. Last year, in the spring of 1863, Ragnarok staged a series of attacks on Alliance excavation sites near the the Gradian Kingdom's eastern border. The Alliance pinpointed the origin of the attacks as being near the town of Balgan. However, unable to locate an actual staging base, Alliance officials rounded up 50 townspeople in Balgan. Half of those townspeople were imprisoned, and the other half were publicly executed via firing squad. The official Alliance story is that all of these people were either Ragnarok sympathizers or directly implicated in the bombings.

However, according to Ragnarok dissidents and some citizens, while Balgan has been linked to being correspondent to Ragnarok, the townspeople themselves were actually randomly selected and imprisoned/executed as an example to not only Ragnarok and their sympathizers, but to the entire world, as to how serious they were about terminating the rebellious elements. Since then, the world over has called this event The Third Day, considering the event culminated on the third day of the attacks and the ensuing investigation.
oooo! I love the black and white effects!

Here's a screen of the nomad camp, behold the blockyness!

The nomad houses can't be seen in this because I put them in as events anyway here's an in-game screen that shows what they looks like:

edit: hmm, why aren't my spoiler tags working?
goddamn yoshio scale down the first screen a little bit

i can hardly see it
its only at 1/2 scale...

I mostly just wanted to show off the entire map, I guess I'm just to used to the rpgmakerVX forum's screenshot topic, where zoomed out maps like this are commonly posted
post=100013

That gave me a good chuckle.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
post=100013

u_u

P...please... keep it clean everyone...
I have no clue how I could have possibly made Nightblade angry... Seriously?

Yoshio, those tents really don't fit in. You might want to edit the way they're shaded.
They seem fine to me, they may be a bit too dark but they don't stand out enough for me to lose any sleep over them, and certainly not enough to force the person who converted them to VX to have to edit it further, when he already had to do so a fuckton to get it to look right. I see now what you mean by them standing out, but its not blatant and may actually make the map look a bit better for it in a weird sort of way. (at least to me)

I've started messing around with VX much more lately, so I'm re-learning how to map.
That looks pretty good, Chartley. I like what you did with the bridge.
I'm reposting this since I got LIKE NO FEEDBACK AT ALL

post=100024
The Third Day

The most infamous clash of the Eastern Alliance and the rebel Ragnarok Organization. Last year, in the spring of 1863, Ragnarok staged a series of attacks on Alliance excavation sites near the the Gradian Kingdom's eastern border. The Alliance pinpointed the origin of the attacks as being near the town of Balgan. However, unable to locate an actual staging base, Alliance officials rounded up 50 townspeople in Balgan. Half of those townspeople were imprisoned, and the other half were publicly executed via firing squad. The official Alliance story is that all of these people were either Ragnarok sympathizers or directly implicated in the bombings.

However, according to Ragnarok dissidents and some citizens, while Balgan has been linked to being correspondent to Ragnarok, the townspeople themselves were actually randomly selected and imprisoned/executed as an example to not only Ragnarok and their sympathizers, but to the entire world, as to how serious they were about terminating the rebellious elements. Since then, the world over has called this event The Third Day, considering the event culminated on the third day of the attacks and the ensuing investigation.
Speaking of no feedback, you never said anything about the title screen remake.
OH!

That is my bad, isn't it? I think I like it better than the original! The text is a lot crisper, however, I'm not too sure about the 'By Feldschlacht IV' part on the bottom. Luckily, it isn't intrusive in itself and can easily be altered. I think I'll use the new model and keep the cropped old one as a logo. Thank you, by the way. It definitely looks stellar.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=100114
I've started messing around with VX much more lately, so I'm re-learning how to map.

This is good except that the water looks horrible with that one tile suddenly ENDING INTO AQUEOUS MIRE

EDIT: Oh and I just noticed TILEVOMIT on the grass border between the water and house. LEAVE SOME GRASS not every tile needs to be covered in random stuff!
Those trees are amazing that they can go through those walls on the side of the house.
I'm sure there's just a random indentation in the wall there.