SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

Much better, Nightblade!
post=102114
Much better, Nightblade!

Somebody wasn't paying attention last page!

@Nightblade: Those are really hard cliffs to use properly, but you did a great job. I might add a little more greenery for some contrast, but otherwise they're spot on. Don't use the sandstorm effect, though, it's horrid! I'd suggest just using a really simple overlay at near-max transparency and a screen tiny, for the windswept effect. Overall, a really nice screen.
post=102145
Somebody wasn't paying attention last page!

Ah, you got me. Much better, with full credit attributed to Kaempfer, of course!

And Now For Something Completely Different.

As some of you may know, I've started a video page on my gamepage, electing to show videos in addition to screenshots. This here is an event I finished up today. It's still in an early stage, so please tell me what you think of it.

This video features two of the Alliance member nations, King David of Gradia (accompanied by General Wilhelm) and Lord Gaius of Callahan arriving early to attend the Summit, an annual meeting of Alliance heads of state to discuss various interests and concerns to the allied countries. Two of the four leaders decide to arrive a bit early to frankly discuss what's on their mind.

[quote post=102154][quote post=102145] Somebody wasn't paying attention last page![/quote] Ah, you got me. Much better, with full credit attributed to Kaempfer, of course! And Now For Something Completely Different. As some of you may know, I've started a video page on my gamepage, electing to show videos in addition to screenshots. This here is an event I finished up today. It's still in an early stage, so please tell me what you think of it. [quote]This video features two of the Alliance member nations, King David of Gradia (accompanied by General Wilhelm) and Lord Gaius of Callahan arriving early to attend the Summit, an annual meeting of Alliance heads of state to discuss various interests and concerns to the allied countries. Two of the four leaders decide to arrive a bit early to frankly discuss what's on their mind. [/quote] [youtube]/quote] The only thing I can suggest is something simple. When the 4 characters are walking down at the start of the cutscene, create a fade in event that uncheck the "wait" box. That way, the screen can fade in and the characters will already be walking; lending it a slightly more natural feel.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
It looks weird that only the big clouds have shadows.
post=102156

xd

I dunno man, that's just how they were sprited in wherever the originally came from.

...out all things...

...the clouds...
@FeldschlachtIV
I second Nightblade's suggestion. I also feel that the conversation pacing is weird in some parts, but I can't point my finger where exactly. Maybe there are too many long sentences that take up two msg box to finish.

@AznChipmunk
The CMS looks nice! Very simple and clean.

Working on dotPlus again. Got music from Brandon long time ago and finally got time to do something with it. So I made a trailer/PV :D

The game still need lots of playtesting though....I need more time @_@
MOG check your damned dirty mailbox once in a while will ya ??
@MOG: I don't want to take full credit, NB has to implement the damn thing, after all! You just can't win with me...

I don't know if you've updated the video after getting advice, but I like it. I don't think the pacing is too bad, and the fade at the end works well. One thing I would suggest is to make the background... interesting. I don't know if you're looping so it looks like there are a lot of troops present, but if not, add something to the catwalk. Right now, it's incredibly boring. People have peripheral vision! Add some elements that a sky-dock might have: storage, loading/offloading, waiting areas with benches, hell, maybe even a control tower. Something to break up the monotony of the 9000 mile long sky bridge!

I do like the soldiers of different nations, though :>
post=102157
post=102156
xd

I dunno man, that's just how they were sprited in wherever the originally came from.

...out all things...

...the clouds...

Dude, the clouds look really weird... Try checking the box that says "Picture scrolls with map" because the clouds follow the map, and it looks odd.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'm back again! I think this is a lot better now:

I filled the empty spaces inbetween with restaurant-menu-style guide dots. I still need to change the X and the text at the top, but does the rest of it look okay?
I think the ones Liberty posted looked best.
No, just no. There is far too much white in that screen. Far, far too much. Not only that, but the names with the drop shadows are hard to read. A better way to make the background less spacious and more... uhm... is to maybe add a patterned background or a faded picture of some sort. If you really must, at all. And I'm not saying this because I'm biased, but I agree with Azn - the ones I posted at least broke up the white and didn't really kill the text.

This is one way, for example, if you really need to have something in the background. I'd just stick to a solid colour, myself.
halibabica
Like this, perhaps?

I wasn't sure about the ones you posted before, since the green didn't blend well with the gray. I tried not to make this one too dark or too light.
Hali: That's a lot better =) Your first example wasn't really bad either, just the red x's were full-valued (255/0/0, too vibrant).

Sorry if you're tired of being bounced around, everyone has varying opinions on design choices. Stick to what you like, but if you want to take something away from this, it's about keeping an eye on contrast. In the screenshots above (Liberty's example and your last example), see how the white check boxes really jump out at you if you blur your eyes and try not to focus on anything in particular. It's because they are such a stark contrast to the rest of the image, which has varying shades of gray. It's not nearly as bad as having the whole background be white (that's a big no-no), but it still jumps out due to the contrast. Even reducing this white to the same gray as the light gray outline of the other boxes would help reduce this.

Also, does the arrow in the upper-right of the screen point to another page of pokemon, or more stats (like, jumping, racing, etc). If it's more stats, then maybe you could think about replacing the text boxes that say "Jumping" or "Racing," etc. into icons, thus allowing more columns of check boxes on one screen.
post=102167
@FeldschlachtIV
I second Nightblade's suggestion. I also feel that the conversation pacing is weird in some parts, but I can't point my finger where exactly. Maybe there are too many long sentences that take up two msg box to finish.

@AznChipmunk
The CMS looks nice! Very simple and clean.

Working on dotPlus again. Got music from Brandon long time ago and finally got time to do something with it. So I made a trailer/PV :D

Awesome! I love Brandon's music!
halibabica
For starters, thank you. I really don't know anything about aesthetics, so this is all new to me. Now, about this...
post=102253
Also, does the arrow in the upper-right of the screen point to another page of pokemon, or more stats (like, jumping, racing, etc). If it's more stats, then maybe you could think about replacing the text boxes that say "Jumping" or "Racing," etc. into icons, thus allowing more columns of check boxes on one screen.

It points to more events, but I can't fit more than two on one screen because I've already hit the picture limit with all the check marks involved. I think I'll stick with the latest one I posted. Thanks again for all your help, everybody! Maybe I'll post more stuff in here sometime.
post=102167
@FeldschlachtIV

That trailer is very well made, how long did it take you to complete?
@Relyt
Thank you! I don't know if Brandon has seen it yet. Haven't seen him lately :D

@Nightblade
Thanks! It took us something around 5 - 6 hours, excluding the storyboard. Making some resources took most of the time ( recording the play through, selecting which clip to use etc. )