SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

post=103976
Yeah, I was planning on darkening the message box, but I wanted feedback on the layout before I did that.

Why don't you just change the color of the actual text itself? The name box is also still too big.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

Felt like the town was a bit barren, so I've begun adding some various mining apparatus where appropriate.
That crane was a bitch to edit.
I wish I could favorite screenshots.
very nice crane you got there!

I hope there are some other kinds of areas in yer game than just steampunk caverns, tardis
tardis
Mr.Nemo
I hope there are some other kinds of areas in yer game than just steampunk caverns, tardis

Wait and see, my friend... Wait and see. ;)
I would be fine with a game set completely in steampunk caverns.* I love what you've done with it, the only thing that bugs me is how the pipes look when compared to the rest of the graphics, though that will probably be less noticeable with overlays ingame.

*as long as different areas of the caverns have slightly shifted hues and shiny gems
tardis, make the black emptiness the same color as the cliffs emptiness color.

Also, I will be a bitch and say that I would like to see some gameplay, bro.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=104043

I was thinking the same thing.

Now that I only got one reply on the last crazegame screenshot:

I need to add tints to different areas; pretend the background to this is tinted a pyramidish color.

(No, this is not Karsu and I's project. This is me not writing essays and not having much more to code until WIP finishes our battle system.)
post=104043

I don't know if using the same black for height-obscured ceilings and the pit of eternal blackness is a good idea. I would probably add a tiny little more brown to the cliff roof and keep the blackness of the deepest dark pure black.

After all, one is a cutaway, one shows an absence of light.
post=103973
I've edited my message box, and I want to know which one looks better.
The new one:

Here is a crazy idea: Use more than two lines for text. 3 is already too few, nevermind 2! You even have to use hyphenated words! In any text-heavy areas you will have to read through 1000000 boxes to get one sentence done.

@JMan's older screen: I like it! You seem to have a knack for finding graphics that I haven't seen a million times before.

@everyone: Whoops I'm stupid I somehow forgot I JUST made another post! Sorry chums!
post=103991
Like this?

that is an excellent forest
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=104045

This amuses me.
post=104050
post=103973
@JMan's older screen: I like it! You seem to have a knack for finding graphics that I haven't seen a million times before.
Thank Spriter's Resource and the tileset template for that. :p
tardis
post=104049
post=104043
I don't know if using the same black for height-obscured ceilings and the pit of eternal blackness is a good idea.

It doesn't really make that much difference- with a lighting overlay, the difference between the two is inconsequential.

post=104043

gimme some time bro... :/ Gameplay dev won't start for a while, not until I've enough free time to do stuff other than map. Plus, my cohort needs to finish up some planning stuff..
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games

I am in for a long night.

EDIT: That should say:
<maxhp per 100>
<maxsp per -50>
:3

I doubt I'll finish this by halloween :[
It looks super awesome though!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
At least make your Database shots interesting, chaos.
@Archeia_Nessiah: cool style, thou the chars dont really fit to the background
@tardis: looks aweszome, though the pipes don't seem to fit the style perfectly (because of their colorization)

Nazislaughter!

(may contain some engrish!)