SHOW ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS - FALL EDITION

Sorry about the double post. Forum glitched out for a sec.
post=97537
I have literally never been astounded by how nice an RM screen looked before. Like that looks better than a SNES game. So you make your decision. :)

Also I believe he's saying that it's very very overused. I personally think it's how well it's used, not how much it's used. I also think people exaggerate this, and don't understand that it's hard to make custom graphics that look nice and work well, AND finish a game doing that.

Ha, thank you :).
Yes, I whole-heartedly agree with your sentiment. Rudra is indeed over-used in RM games. There are various reasons to this, but mainly because there are a plethora of Rudra resources available, and that the game itself is less-known than most of the other games (and their resources) released during and after its time period (like Final Fantasy VI, etc), which means that the average player won't be able to recognise the source it came from (though, that's not the case now :D).
I also agree with you that a judgement on the usage of resources (commonly-used or not), should be based on the way they are used, and the quality they produce, rather than the fact that a resource source has been used multiple times.
I also agree that the production of custom graphics is tedious and time-consuming (that is, if you're aiming for a higher visual quality of graphics), especially if you're independantly managing all aspects of the game yourself (I'd know. I've tried before :S).
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Ten minutes of work restructured the entire stat system.

(No this is not V&V)
Well thats pretty cool I guess.

Been awhile since I've put up an ingame screen.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Here's some from the Carlsev Saga series, as well as an all-RTP comedy series to which I've contributed maps.

CARLSEV SAGA I:

CARLSEV SAGA II:

ULTIMA ISLAND SERIES:
post=97555
Screen.
Been awhile since I've put up an ingame screen.

I like that Nightblade :). I really do. Though, I only have two minor gripes with that screenshot.
The roof tile doesn't really 'connect' with the sides (see the lower right-hand corner. The diagonal roof tile doesn't quite meet up with the other parts). Though, it's only a minor issue, and doesn't really merit any immediate action.
My other gripe is with the shields that are positioned on the wall. They are slightly brighter than the wall they're on, and contrast quite heavily. Perhaps you could tone them down a little? Though, again, it's only a minor nit-picking issue.
Also, is this that famed water dungeon you've mentioned before :O?
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=97562
My other gripe is with the shields that are positioned on the wall. They are slightly brighter than the wall they're on, and contrast quite heavily.

If we want to get really nitpicky, they're technically a completely different palette/shading style. But seriously, not a huge deal. Darken them down a little and I think they'll look fine. Unless they're some sort of plot-relevant item, in which case, it might be better to let them stick out. But somehow, I doubt that. ;)

post=97533
You named them all ;). Also, much to your delight, the cave floors in other parts of the cave are covered in metal plates :).

SO MUCH DELIGHT
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
So they're not screenshots SUE ME.

Deals low physical damage to opponent. Combos to make physical/elemental attacks.
Deals low fire damage to the opponent. Combos for increased damage or resistance manipulation.
Deals low air damage to the opponent. Combos for increased damage or resistance manipulation.
Deals low water damage to the opponent. Combos for increased damage or resistance manipulation.
Deals low earth damage to the opponent. Combos for increased damage or resistance manipulation.
Deals 30 times the caster's level in light damage to one foe. Combos for 50 damage per level or to create statistic buffs.
Deals 30 times the caster's level in dark damage to one foe. Combos for 50 damage per level or to create statistic debuffs.
Restores the caster's HP by one half of their maximum. Combos for full healing.
Reveals the enemy's HP for five turns. Combos for physical or magical charge-ups or to scan all of an enemy's parameters.

They combine to create 34 seperate combo spells, such as:

Vampire - Deals low physical damage to the opponent, healing the user for the same amount.
Brave Gather - Fills as many of the caster's empty hand slots as possible with Attack cards.
Water Conduct - Reduces the opponent's elemental resistance to water magic by one level. (Drain -> Block -> Half -> Normal -> Weak)

Do I have anyone's interest?
Hmm... What exactly is that for Chaos? You definitely have my attention, whatever it is.

@Nightblade: That looks fantastic! The only problem, is, to beat a dead horse, the shields.
Chaos I want to play that game. That looks schweet.
Deckiller

Hey, that style mix does look really good! Only the char doesn't fit into it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I don't mind that charset on those tiles. It stands out well but doesn't clash horribly.

Numbers are really hard to see on this one. You might want to pick a consistent number color like a basic white or something even for the stat names too.
LouisCyphre
A few screens from my game:

This one turned out really dark for some reason. It's not quite this dark ingame:

This is from a cutscene. I've since toned down the opacity of the fog layer so the bright spot in the center isn't quite so glaring.

And we'll finish with a section of the world map.

Well, no real complaints other than the panorama in the cutscene makes no sense, since he'd have to be above the stars.

EDIT: Also, that town in the bottom left of the map is WAY too bright. Same with the trees, cacti and tents, ie everything you edited in from chipsets.
LouisCyphre
That's probably because it's in the editor, viewing that layer. (I assume, anyway, from the selection box near the top-right.)