TURNING A SCRIPT PROCESS OFF

Pages: 1
So I'm making a game. In the game I have a stealth system script that creates a line of sight for guard characters. I have it set up so if you come into their LOS, you will die (they're snipers) but you can get up to where they are, and kill them. the dying effect is caused by a common event the script calls. So anyway. I have it so that they change to a pile of bones after they are killed, but the problem is, the script is still running on the event, and the bones still kill me when I'm within the LOS.

I tried erasing the event, but the script still runs, and I still die. so I was just wondering how could I combat this situation? I have multiple snipers in an area, so just creating a conditional branch where you either die, or not, based on a universal variable/switch will not work as i want it to. can anybody offer me help here? It would be much appreciated. This one factor here is preventing the release of a demo, and is really bugging me. I am using RPG Maker VX.

Thanks
Have them turn on self switch A when they die.
That might work. :)
I figured it out. I set it so that after you kill them in battle, the event re-locates to an area where they do not have LOS, and It works well, however, I have now encountered the issue of the script only running properly on the first instance of the sniper i create on the map, and it does not seem to work for the others. it is a script i got from somewhere, so i have no clue how to alter things, but this issue probably has a simple solution that I am just overlooking. any thoughts from anybody?
Pages: 1