THE IMPORTANCE OF MUSIC IN A GAME

Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
post=104637
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7DNHxzUxEI< I hate rock battle music. Koichi Sugiyama is the best RPG composer.

Koji Kondo is the best game composer, but Koichi is the best RPG composer.

Koji Kondo's work is actually fairly elementary, particularly when considered alongside many other very accomplished composers in the industry.
post=104736
Careful there.
it would be more helpful if you made a point
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I was simply hoping you were talking about FF12, and not Digital Devil Saga. Considering that SMT is a strong contender for my favorite series in gaming. An expression of opinion in the face of an opposing one, nothing more.
you hoped both wrong and right buddy
good music is utterly crucial to a game and anyone who says otherwise is lying.
post=104738
post=104637
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7DNHxzUxEI< I hate rock battle music. Koichi Sugiyama is the best RPG composer.

Koji Kondo is the best game composer, but Koichi is the best RPG composer.
Koji Kondo's work is actually fairly elementary, particularly when considered alongside many other very accomplished composers in the industry.

No. 99% of his songs are hits. As in, they are memorable/catchy. No other composer in the video game industry is as good as Koji Kondo.

el?e?men?ta?ry
??/??l??m?nt?ri, -tri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation Show IPA
Use elementary in a Sentence
See web results for elementary
See images of elementary
â€"adjective
1. pertaining to or dealing with elements, rudiments, or first principles: an elementary grammar.

Music SHOULD be "elementary." As in, it should pertain or deal with elements, rudiments, or first principles. It should be simple. Not avant garde or unmemorable.
MEMORABLE / CATCHY = GOOD ::)

music by numbers
post=104841
MEMORABLE / CATCHY = GOOD ::)

Agreed, but you should lay off the caps lock.
naa it's okay i think i can better describe my own intent :)
post=104849
naa it's okay i think i can better describe my own intent :)

I was describing my own intent.

there was a point to be made but it has clearly been lost in transit. i blame royal mail strikers
that's industrial action i'm not suggesting the royal mail have a high-flying football team
No double posting.

Also, could someone get this train back on track? Teehee!
NO DELIVERANCE WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE
La Mulana's soundtrack was pretty good, especially at the start of the game. Still didn't help the game when you got hit by the bird miniboss in the Gate of Confusion and you had to go back up the Sky Tower just to get back because seriously fuck you La Mulana
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
geodude
DELIVERANCE

what