THIRD-PARTY CHARACTERS IN BRAWL

Pages: first 12 next last
Some news that came out today:http://kotaku.com/337140/inafune-says-no-megaman-in-brawl

So apparently Inafune says that Mega Man isn't in Smash yet, because Nintendo hasn't asked him for permission. He also implies that he would grant permission if they just asked, and that Mega Man could possibly be in the next Smash, except that Nintendo would have to get rolling soon. Considering that the game launches in Japan in January, and that Nintendo waited for Kojima to ask them to include Snake, some folks are concluding that all hope for MM in Smash Bros is considered dead.

But there's still some hope for more third-party characters in Brawl, right? Maybe we'll see a character from Squenix, Capcom, Hudson, or something else? And maybe Inafune is just lying about MM not being in the game?

I certainly hope for MM, but I'm not smart enough to know what the odds really are. Having a cool CT or FF character would certainly be fun, though. And if we can't have Mega Man (or even X or Zero!) in Brawl, maybe another Capcom character would appear- maybe even Leon Kennedy? And of course, having Bomberman in the game would be pretty fun :).

Anyways... thoughts?
I think a Belmont would be cool. Simon or Richter.
I really want to see Zero! I know Megaman has a better chance as he's more popular but either way I don't mind.
I love how you threw Hudson in there. You looking for Bomberman too?

There are a lot of characters I'd like to see (Magus, Frog, or Crono from CT, Mog from Final Fantasy, Megaman/X/Zero/MegamanZero and BOMBERMAN) I am just hoping it's not someone stupid, like a fighter character from Tekken or something (lol SoulCalibur2.)
$5 says Cloud is an unlockable character.
I think the amount of speculation about the characters and movesets in Super Smash Bros. is the fourth-lamest thing I have ever seen in my life.
author=brandonabley link=topic=498.msg6797#msg6797 date=1198632758
I think the amount of speculation about the characters and movesets in Super Smash Bros. is the fourth-lamest thing I have ever seen in my life.

... you're mean :'(.

(Out of curiosity, what are the top three?)

And yes prexus, I'm looking for Bomberman... although I'm not sure how many cool bomb types he could do. But they did make a moveset for a rodent that just spins a bunch, so what the heck.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=brandonabley link=topic=498.msg6797#msg6797 date=1198632758
I think the amount of speculation about the characters and movesets in Super Smash Bros. is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life, and I only regret not being a part of it.

Agreed!

Ayra from fire emblem!
Chrono/Magus would be cool too.
Chun Li! Yes she's already in a beat-em-up, but come oooooonnnnnnn
Grom Hellscream maybe?
Master Chief!
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun

I know it won't happen but
Wishful thinking?

Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun
Jenna from Golden Sun

EDIT: Actually, I would buy a Wii just for that.
And probably only for that.
Given Hudson's enthusiasm on the Virtual Console, I think that it is not inconceivable to see a Hudson character in Brawl. I would love to see Master Higgins in there. Or Bomberman.

However, thanks for ruining my day, Mr. Y.
I don't really follow this stuff but is the announcer from Mario Party a character? Because that would be pretty awesome.
author=brandonabley link=topic=498.msg6949#msg6949 date=1199120659
I don't really follow this stuff but is the announcer from Mario Party a character? Because that would be pretty awesome.

Oh man I would love to beat the crap out of that guy, hehe.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It's cool, because Geno and Mallow are technically third party.
Oh man. If Geno or Mallow (preferably Geno) were in Brawl, I would be elated.
I'd personally love to see Kos-Mos. That'd be 1337. ^.^
I could care less about Mallow or Geno. But if Banjo Kazooie was in it, I'd be pretty excited.
Well as cool as Megaman would've been I would've prefered Protoman. :P
Though I guess all hope for him is dead now too...
Well hopefully my two other dream characters, Geno and Knuckles, made it in somehow.
Tails might make it, maybe, but not Knuckles.

Captain N would be awesome.

Why Tails and not Knuckles?

Also, Geno and Mallow are not likely since they are owned by Square.
Pages: first 12 next last