HALLOWEEN SHORT GAME CONTEST

@Craze: Who else could I make do graphics and meet the insane deadlines and surprise contests?
It also helps communication when you're always together. :P (Having 2 kids makes it harder, but we still manage.)

@WIP: Our advantage can be considered unfair though; original art is a huge perk. Besides the art though, I don't know allowing me into this contest will increase quality at all, mostly just the number of finished entries (by one.) ;)
If people wanna team up, then they can pretty much do it behind everyone's backs and then split the winnings afterwards. I don't think this will be a problem though, because everyone at RMN is an upstanding model citizen that would be duly ashamed if they took advantage of an honor system setup like this one. :D

I'd enter and make something based on my halloween entry last year for another contest, except I'm already anticipating drowning myself in alcohol and contemplating suicide for most of the last week of october, so I won't.

(I'm really not joking. :( )
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Ana, the more the merrier. And honestly, neok makes a good point. If someone wants to team up, they can easily do it behind our backs. I'm a huge nazi and would try to enforce this because I hate rule breakers. But it's such an understandable strategy that I'm not sure it should be outlawed.
It would be good to take a break from my game...but since my external hard drive broke and I can't access my files, including RPGMaker, I'll have to sit this out.
This rocks. I hope there will be some awesome shit upcoming at the end. I took part in a 24 hour Halloween game contest last year. It was pretty fun.
Me and WIP have agreed to change it so that you can solo or partner with someone. However, 3man teams or higher is just pushing it though, so that is not allowed.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=101437
Me and WIP have agreed to change it so that you can solo or partner with someone. However, 3man teams or higher is just pushing it though, so that is not allowed.

Un-welp'd.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Ana: I understand. Karsu and I are virtually married; we just don't live in the same house (and he doesn't like dick).

EDIT: While I'm going to discuss this with Karsu, there's a chance that I'm entering. I haven't fully decided whether or not I want to yet and even if I do, if Karsu thinks it's a bad idea then I won't anyway. Holy toledo we are married -
Can I just enter a short story? I am incapable of making games anymore...

Well never mind, I don't want a prize or anything. But, yeah, I'll post a short story for you guys. :3
This is interesting. Will see if I can come up with any idea for a game :)
Ha, I have something brewing. I'll give it a shot and see if I can actually make something out of this, and meet the deadline :/.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
We should ban people who say I'MMA GUNNA DO THIS or post BRENT MURRAY EPICS and then don't release.
What about installing a jury instead of PM voting? I experienced that not many people take part in the voting if they have to do it via PM. If the users shall decide a click poll would be a lot better.
But I still think a jury is the best way to determine a winner.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
post=101536
What about installing a jury instead of PM voting? I experienced that not many people take part in the voting if they have to do it via PM. If the users shall decide a click poll would be a lot better.
But I still think a jury is the best way to determine a winner.

It is, but since Darken is paying out of his own wallet you can't really argue.
Maybe WIP can finish a polling system in the couple of weeks we have to finish our entries? :D
Does the game entrants choose to release have to be completed? Can it not just be a short prelude or something to a project we may continue working on AFTER the contest. (Essentially what Max Mcgee did with Vermicide and ETG)
I imagine you'd have to have it completed in the sense that Vermicide was; it was a like a short but full game prelude that ended appropriately.

If you just cut off "To be continued!" I imagine that wouldn't go over so well.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Please make it a complete game. They work better for this sort of thing!
Okay, I have an idea, if I can complete it in time, I'll sign up.
Short games! We need more of them to fill up the servers. Woo! :-)