IMPORTING PICTURES WITHOUT SETTING A TRANSPARENCY?

Pages: 1
'Cause I don't wanna do that all the time.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Just place them directly into the corresponding folder.
Unless you want there to be a transparent colour without having to manually select it, that is. I think Rm2k3 will automatically choose certain colours to be transparent if none is selected. When you're importing other images, see which ones start flashing. I seem to recall having some success with this in the distant past, but I could be dead wrong.
I'm pretty sure when you display a picture, you can choose whether or not to use the transparent colours selected when importing. Just select 'none' in the 'Transparent Colour' option when showing the specified picture, and it shouldn't use the transparent colour. If not, then I have no idea either :(.
post=101700
I think Rm2k3 will automatically choose certain colours to be transparent if none is selected.

Both use the first colour in the image's index, thus the #0. I know, some folks think the maker itself uses the colour black for transparency, but this is not right. It's always #0 of its colour index, only some graphic programs can use another possibilitys, and this one doesn't work in our maker.
Yeah, Silence is correct. RM2k/3 allows only images that are indexed to a 256 color palette. The default transparent color is the first color in the 256 color palette. If you were to open the image in a program like idraw, it would be the top left color.
Same for Gale. If you're pissed off at the True Color to 256 Color conversion (which was a pain to deal with at first because it puts a random color as #0), here's my process:

1.) Select the whole image
2.) Ctrl-x so now you're looking at one color
3.) Convert to 256 colors
4.) Drag the color you want to be the transparent one - usually that blue-green color - into the top left square on the palette
5.) Ctrl-v to put the image back with its new transparency

I'm not sure if that was your trouble, but just throwing it out there.
Pages: 1