RPG MAKER DS

Pages: first 123 next last

Has anyone heard the latest news from Enterbrain about them making a RPG Maker for the Nintendo DS?

News link

Scan

Screens

What do you think? Personally, I'm indifferent as it won't be coming to the Western shores.
Making games your games on handheld/console is pretty stupid on it's own.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
RPG Tsukuru DS comes with over 800 character-building parts, 1500 map parts, over 150 pieces of music, and everything else you need to get rolling immediately.

That...isn't bad at all.
post=102202
Making games your games on handheld/console is pretty stupid on it's own.

This.
Also how are you going to script in it? Might as well stick to the pc version.
Waste of time and money on the part of Enterbrain.
150 tracks? Yeesh, that'd take a while.

Unless they suck of course..
Ugh.. Console RPG Makers tend to insta-fail.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'll wait until the resources hit the internet, then use them in the PC version.

I dunno. On one hand, it sounds like a good idea, especially if there's an easy way for people to share the games they make with their friends. But on the other, they'd have one hell of a time matching the sheer flexibility of the PC versions and their capacity for sharing, so this probably won't work out too well.
well one thing for sure, it looks like a VX recycle and music from the RTP always suck <_<;
post=102224
well one thing for sure, it looks like a VX recycle and music from the RTP always suck <_<;

I dont think that as an ingame screenshot.
Yeah that's not.

Here's a scan:

Linky

It looks very different to VX and I'm actually interested now. :P
You know what would be awesome? A legal compiler/DS cart that was specifically built to play RPGs on the DS made with Enterbrain's other RPGMakers (2k3, XP and VX, nevermind the PS* versions). That would kick ass. Imagine playing your favourite RM game on the subway to work instead of watching homeless people's stink lines fill the train! Imagine those long car rides turned into fun-filled RPG fests (unless you are driving. Hands on the wheel please!).

Now that would be something! But MAKING RPGs on the DS? Silly.
Well Dragon Quest IV is close enough to Hero's Realm so I'm not complaining!
I agree with Kaempfer. It would be awesome if you could create the actual game on the PC (where it is much more simpler and flexible), and then port it over to the DS.
I also think it would be tedious trying to place tiles on the DS :(.
post=102197
It won't be coming to the Western shores.

Didn't Action Game Maker get a very similar treatment before it got re-branded as IG Maker? There's a difference between "no word on a release" and no, it won't be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if RPG Maker DS were released in North America just in time for summer vacations next year.
post=102248
You know what would be awesome? A legal compiler/DS cart that was specifically built to play RPGs on the DS made with Enterbrain's other RPGMakers (2k3, XP and VX, nevermind the PS* versions).

Yes.

It seems like they don't realize that their target market (us) have been fine-tuning on years-old versions of their maker. I wouldn't want to quit now and swap up, especially if the programing platform is on the DS, but I'd certainly shell out 60 bucks for some way to play my 2k3 game on a handheld.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
post=102220
I'll wait until the resources hit the internet, then use them in the PC version.

Ding ding ding.
The battle system is SO stolen from Dragon Quest IV and V for the DS.
I still want this maker! I used every maker until now.
Wow those resources (specially the battle sprites) are really nice...
I hope these will be ripped off asap 8D
I really hope they at least have a good method for sharing games rather than "you can only share with friends who you've exchanged friend codes with. Oh, and you can only have 20 friends."
Pages: first 123 next last