CREATING GRAPHICS FOR RPG MAKER 2000

Pages: 1
A few people have been asking me, and I wanted to get a general opinion from everyone - what are the best settings when saving a bmp file from photoshop to ensure that your artwork looks clean on RPG MAKER 2000. A friend of mine can't seem to get his graphics to work at all - dispite them being essentialy re-saves of existing ones (so colour palette and scale, etc are perfect) when he imports them however they lose consistancy. At the moment he's using the basic 'save as bmp' setting in photoshop CS4. I'm stumped as to what he's doing wrong - any ideas?
For the color mode, choose Indexed Color, and then choose 256 colors. And save as a .PNG!
Yeah, PNG's are basically the format you want for all graphics for RM. Never touch JPEG's either. ^_^
One of my spriters kept accidentally saving things as JPG and losing hours worth of work... It was really quite depressing.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=104624
One of my spriters kept accidentally saving things as JPG and losing hours worth of work... It was really quite depressing.

Every time I see a jpeg screenshot/resource I die a little inside. ):
post=104631
Every time I see a jpeg screenshot/resource I die a little inside. ):

Oh God, how I hate JPEGs. They're only good for photos but nothing else. So many slaved over resources of mine have been killed because I accidently saved them as a JPEG.
why would you save as anything other than a PNG ??
Pages: 1