TOTAL MORON'S GUIDE TO IRC (USING MIBBIT)

haha maybe they don't like you and they just don't want you around
Does anyone still use this? I went in five times already and it was empty every single time.
Er there 18(?) people there right now oO

Are you sure you've typed the channel correctly?
author=CyberDagger
Does anyone still use this? I went in five times already and it was empty every single time.

Make sure you are on the right server.

Though truthfully occasionally Dynastynet netsplits and people get divided into different servers. But in five tries you should at least have gotten one non-netsplitted join!
oh, netsplits... I don't miss the days of IRC
I was doing nothinng wrong, the guide is the wrong one, it seems. The channel is #rpgmaker.net, not #rpgmaker, as the gide says.
author=CyberDagger
I was doing nothinng wrong, the guide is the wrong one, it seems. The channel is #rpgmaker.net, not #rpgmaker, as the gide says.

That post hasn't been edited in 3 years, where do you see that it says #rpgmaker and not #rpgmaker.net?

Edit: Oh, I see. I will fix it.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Well hell, if Kentona only shows up once every four months...why even bother with IRC ?? :)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
You guys might wanna update this topic with the current server. Just a thought!!
Oh man you are so right. I changed it in the text.

I wonder if there are lots of people who have been on dynastynet thinking this has been dead for a long time.
Are people still using IRC? I don't mean that in a dismissive way, I'm curious to who's still on so I can jump in again!
I WAS there for all but a minute or two. It seems so dead in there...
It used to be pretty fucking fantastic in terms of the community. Maybe we just need to reignite interest?
Perhaps, though I rarely get on IRCs in the first place (today was the first time in like 6 months that I got on any IRC channels lol...). *Shrugs*
Hmm... If I remember, last time I connected over a year ago, I was insta-banned before I could even post once.
EDIT: Opps, it looks like I should have read this topic again. Been forever since I posted any of that, completely forgot.

Even so, we really should try to get the irc back up and running.
There's a stable group that hangs around on IRC all the time. (In my procedure when I get home and turn on my computer, IRC is one of the first things I run) During certain times of the day it is certainly dead but I would say to those that have only been there when it is dead to stick around for a bit (If you have time obviously) until another person turns up and is alive.

I want to think that we are very welcoming when we notice someone. I've had some unknowns jump in, say "hi" and log out before I was able to react to it. When I'm on IRC I check it fairly regularily (unless I'm playing a game and even then I can't help but alt-tab when someone pings me by mentioning my name)

So yeah I'd say IRC is alive and well. Not AS alive and well as it once was. But seriously, who under 20 even KNOWS what IRC is in today's social media world?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I'm around Mog that's all you need to know

Yeah, honestly, interest is pretty low at the moment, which is kinda sad for one of the biggest RM communities around. Sailerius pointed out that members might be too busy working on games, though, which is probably better than hanging out with us idlers...

EDIT: After my exams end (tomorrow yay) I'm gonna have a go at gathering more interest somehow - maybe just by being more active outside IRC.
Tip: Don't use phone apps for IRC, they suck.
I've had no real issues with AndChat... seems solid enough when I use it.
Well, then Bell sucks! Because I can't stay connected for longer than ten minutes.