SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=108116
@Craze: Seriously, if you're going to use graphics that appear to be of a certain resolution, use something other than the RTP. I am a fan of the RTP, but there is so much more possible... if only you'd reach for the staaaarrrssss (otherwise, an interesting idea. How hard is it to implement that stuff in RMVX? Do you have to have another page on each chest with a switch controlling the shrine's influence, or it is a common event or a "script" or what?)

I'm not going to use rips and V&V/Karsu and I's current project uses the VX REFMAP, so yeah. Also, the only reason I'm using the 2k3 RTP is...

These facesets are badass and scream DEMON TOWER (which is a pretty cool game). Also, if you want to use them, they really are free-for-all (I didn't make them) but seriously just look at what the RMN community did to Dark Gaia!

As for the shrine, it doesn't actually affect the 'real' chest reward at all! When you open a chest, it randomly generates a treasure of the dungeon level's tier in a common event (from a pool made normally in the database, not Diablo-style). Red chests give you an item from the next tier up. HOWEVER, whenever you open a chest there is a chance that you'll also get a normal, mundane healing/revive/etc. item. A common event first rolls to see what kind of item you can get, and the event rolls to see if you actually receive an item of that type (which is somewhat tiered; you get more/better healing potions at higher dungeon levels). Statues of Helena can increase your odds on the second roll, making it more likely that you'll actually receive that randomly determined bonus item.

Statues of Helena can also grant an immediate money boost, immediate EXP boost, or increase the rate at which characters not in the Vanguard regenerate SP. Each tier of the dungeon has one Statue of Helena lying about.

EDIT: Since this post is long already, I might as well say DEMO(N) SOON because unless WIP suddenly finishes a certain script for Karsu and I in the next few days (!!!!), I'm going to be working on this. Demon Tower is just a side-project when Karsu has more to do than I*. But yeah, it's one and a half floors from being as long as the previous Demon Tower game! Kick-ass.

*I could be doing dungeonwork, but I think we're both much more concerned with getting all of these crazy skills working before we design the first levels beyond their current write-ups.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Tardis
guys good job giving hali constructive criticism and comments. :/ try again

Thanks for noticing, but I really only posted it to help break up the NightBlade/AFrenchDreamer shitstorm. Anyway...

from catmitts
Porygons rule and I really like the title screen but the level looks kinda dull. CYBERWOLRD I suppose but still it's grey floor, lots of identical grey doors, vaguely computeresque background. What would be really cool would be GLITCH GRAPHICS, like chopped-up broken pieces of random chipsets stuck haphazardly together to make it look like the game was breaking down. And the music would be a noisy buggy version of pokemons soundtrack. Basically I'm thinking like the Paper Rad Mario movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaO5ONMj5o everyone watch this.
I have no opinions on the other games.

The area pictured is the hub, so it's relatively neutral. The minigame is set inside a computer, so the cyberworld thing is appropriate. The actual stages all have different themes, so I'll do my best to make them more interesting. Thanks for the suggestions, though!
@Craze: I didn't say use rips. I said reach for the stars! Your games are well enough designed that you should be able to find someone willing to do custom graphics for your game, including chars that match those admittedly awesome facesets. Hell, I'm sure there are lots of people making graphics who can't craft the actual game portion worth a shite just waiting in the wings. You can do it. I believe you. Take it to the next level! A RMVX game with interesting systems? Well that's nice... A RMVX game with interesting systems and custom graphics that aren't "chibi" and awful? Sign me up!
Craze
Demon Tower is just a side-project. Karsuman and I are working on that, including getting someone to do tiles/charsets for us (not for our current project, but something in the future). For our current project, we're going to have customized heroes (I actually can do a little spriting!), custom monster graphics, original character art, some scene art (think Last Scenario), and a few other things. Trust me, we're doing stuff... Demon Tower is just me practicing boss battles/pretending I can do dialogue.*

*Never, ever talk to Alphonse plzkthnx

EDIT: Oh, and my/our (Karsuman and I's) games aren't even for the community anymore. The previous incarnation of Demon Tower might have been mildly popular here at RMN, but this version's still not for RM* developers. And, if you're not part of the RM* community, you're not going to recognize 2k3 RTP most likely.

EDIT2: Also, thanks for the praise! =D It hasn't fallen on deaf ears, just sidetracked and egotistical ears.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Alphonse: I'm pretty tired.
Wanderer: Want to hit the hay?
Alphonse: Depends. Would Ox be involved?
Wanderer: ...You know what, I'm just going to take a nap. By myself.
post=108225
Alphonse: I'm pretty tired.
Wanderer: Want to hit the hay?
Alphonse: Depends. Would Ox be involved?
Wanderer: ...You know what, I'm just going to take a nap. By myself.

To be fair, this is totally not my fault. =P
Craze
I TOLD YOU TO BAN CHAOS NOT DROP THE BLAME

A game I'm working on for HBGames.org 5th anniversary contest. All the graphics are custom, thanks to Piti :)

It's a beat'em up game, pretty much like Noitu Love maybe? The deadline is the 5th of next month so I'm hoping I can finish in time.

The game's name is Alice in Underground. Basically it's a twist of the classic Alice in Wonderland.

Still lots left to do so I'd better work on it D:
@Rei: Once again very nice presentation, your game is as anticipated as Final Fantasy XIII for me hopefully you get it done.
I never suspected that Alice could kick so much ass. Great work hima! (as usual!)
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
it kind of blew my mind when she shrank and grew. that looks intense.
The visuals themselves are great, but the actual fluidity of the attacks seems off somehow. I'm sure that's probably difficult to avoid-- but maybe tighten it up just a little?
YDS
member of the bull moose party
There is a readability issue between the floor and the brick wall. They are a little too close value wise. You want to keep the wall/floor relationship more like the wood to the lighter white walls. So you would have to make the brick wall ligher. Also, on the second floor the floor should be a bit lighter to complete the depth.

Also why ruin a scene with ugly fat refmap chars?
YDS
I typically edit my refmap characters like so: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm8/YummyDrumsticks/My%20Games/HelpYDS.png

However, this is for a community project with a lot of custom NPCs by members, I don't have the time to do that.
post=108579
Also why ruin a scene with ugly fat refmap chars?

I think they kind of fit. They're cute and cozy like the scene around them.
YDS
Yeah, I forgot to raise that point. Especially since this is a whimsical and light hearted project.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=108579
Also why vastly improve a scene with beautiful, well-edited refmap chars?

Fixed.
post=106799

I almost thought that guy standing on the top and those two other NPCs on the bottom were Hitler clones. But you know they're fake when they don't even have a 'stache!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
All right, most of this screenshot is placeholders and boringness, so I'd like to direct your attention to the HUD (UI?) in the top left corner.

Thing is, I'm not sure what color to make the background of it. Green works fairly well so as not to blend with the red, yellow, and blue, but it spends most of its existence over that green criss-crossing tile anyway. So, would you guys recommend anything different?