SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Lyla: " Moar, I'm so cool, I'm using my parasol to make lightning! "
F*ckedy scrambit newpage >.<
@hali: I would prefer simple black as bg for the interface.
@bloody mary: looks weird. The gurl on the right is much bigger than the gurls (?) on the left? It may be intended if those are some kind of creatures, but where the hell are the sexy battle chars from the All Day RPG? Additionally the interface on the bottom looks too simple. I would at least fill up the empty right and left sides with some kind of pictures or whatever...

So now, I made a little battle system test and recorded it (Sorry, I was too close to the reindeer when I killed it. So you can't see the chainsaw animation, because the blood BA is above it... :-( ):
post=108727
Additionally the interface on the bottom looks too simple. I would at least fill up the empty right and left sides with some kind of pictures or whatever...

Pretty sure that is reserved for more party members.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
@Deacon: I'm not sure an all-black background would work, since the green criss-crossed tile also has a lot of black in it.

from halibabica
I'd like to direct your attention to the HUD (UI?) in the top left corner.

Thing is, I'm not sure what color to make the background of it. Green works fairly well so as not to blend with the red, yellow, and blue, but it spends most of its existence over that green criss-crossing tile anyway. So, would you guys recommend anything different?

I tried giving it a new border and background. It stands out more now, and it doesn't look as cramped, but it still doesn't seem quite right.
post=108728
post=108727
Additionally the interface on the bottom looks too simple. I would at least fill up the empty right and left sides with some kind of pictures or whatever...
Pretty sure that is reserved for more party members.

Exactly. And the battle graphics were dropped in favor for the battle system. But they are still used in the messages:

Please don't mind the simplicity and the buggy teddy-kun, just for testing.

And that' how it looks with four party members. :) ( Again, just for testing, Ally's stats aren't done yet. )

@hali: Nice mapping, I like it that you used the future chipset.
@Mary : I dunno, the characters seem a little too small in the battle screen. And the bedroom looks a bit.. empty. I like your facesets though!
Hehe, thanks.
I made this room just for testing, I'm going to change it.
As for the small characters, it's standard RPG Maker XP size. Maybe the battleback's just too big.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

What, working on a game AFTER releasing a demo(n)? What is this.
post=108799
What, working on a game AFTER releasing a demo(n)? What is this.

Reported for account hacking. Imposter.
I'm curious as to why there's a vanity in an ice cave.
Craze
Orig: Some Demons like to look pretty for their lovers.
Craze: What's that piece of paper doing there for? Demons' list of boy/girl crushes?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Remember those signs from the old poke' games that told you how the game works? Yeah, they're those.
Craze
Yesh. Notes are there to inform you of random little things, remind you of stuff you probably forgot about, or -

HI THIS IS ZETHA HERE I AM HACKING CRAZE'S ACCOUNT!!!!!! PLEASE SHOP AT ZETHA'S WONDERFUL STORE OF INCREDIBILITY!!!! ! IT FEATURES WONDER AND EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TITANIAS GET A 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL SERVICES!!
@Mary: I think the problem is the background. Try to use a chipset-based background and move the battlers and the heroes a little bit closer to the middle of the screen. That should make them look less distant. RMXP's resolution usually leaves a lot of space to fill, so try to use a background that isn't so... boring.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
kaempfer you should post a screenshot :(
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
The hero in Mushroom Kingdom.....

Hmmmm.....I sure hope this post changes the page so I can post what I really want to post. lol.

Awwww shucks...I missed.....*Game over music plays*
post=108879
kaempfer you should post a screenshot :(
post=108871
@Mary: I think the problem is the background. Try to use a chipset-based background and move the battlers and the heroes a little bit closer to the middle of the screen. That should make them look less distant. RMXP's resolution usually leaves a lot of space to fill, so try to use a background that isn't so... boring.

Thanks for the hint! Better now: