SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

post=109090
hey guys am i due for an involuntary hiatus again? ;)

Uh oh rockman's up to his old tricks again, that rockman *wah wahhh*

edit: uh oh, top of the page in the screenshot topic! Quick I better post a screenshot!

here is a badly cropped screenshot that is three years old from a game I stopped work on two years ago, enjoy y'all

edit: Actually I changed my mind look at this one instead
vindication is so apt
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
post=109086
But i'm looking forward to more "Constructive" comments.

There was nothing wrong with Kaempfer's post.
post=109104
post=109086

He sent me a PM threatening me; he said if I continued to give such constructive criticisms he would "put in in the moderator's hands". Apparently he really doesn't like people saying things about things.

post=109097
vindication is so apt

Yeah, I was not very good at naming in those early days of RM2k3.
Did the screenshot just change? o_o
@Kaempfer, I actually really like the double pixel outlines in that shot.
post=109108
Did the screenshot just change? o_o

Yes it did

post=109109
@Kaempfer, I actually really like the double pixel outlines in that shot.

Yeah, I always loved those cliffs, and I adapted other things to mirror the style.
Looks good Kaempfer, too bad we'll never get to play it
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
post=109105
post=109104
post=109086
He sent me a PM threatening me; he said if I continued to give such constructive criticisms he would "put in in the moderator's hands". Apparently he really doesn't like people saying things about things.

post=109097
vindication is so apt

Yeah, I was not very good at naming in those early days of RM2k3.

Kaempfer the only thing you said constructive about it was about changing the hit detection (Which works fine).

You say at the end of that post "You are not excited."

Whats the point of that? Am I supposed to care that you're not excited?
When have you said that to any other persons screenshot?

And also you are just looking at my videos to find every little flaw you can and exploit it.

You said nothing good about it at all. My game is not terrible.

But you said a few good things about the other two but then you turned harsh on mine.

If you feel that harsh about it maybe you should make a ABS and show me how it's done. Eh?

I can't help but feel that the text could have been handled in a more elegant way... Oh well, at least the colors aren't screwed up anymore (Removing the light purple shade my brother added during the coloring process helped the image's color quality a great deal.

You say at the end of that post "You are not excited."

Whats the point of that? Am I supposed to care that you're not excited?

You said nothing good about it at all. My game is not terrible.

Listen kid,

(I refer to you as "kid" because you are acting like one, not due to some kind of undeserved sense of self satisfaction)

You post things to get comments, good and bad. You don't get to complain when someone says something bad about something you've done. As long as people aren't gratuitously insulting to you (Insulting you directly instead of your work) you have no right to complain. When you posted this up; you open your work up to criticism.

If someone says your game has such and such problem (no matter how descriptive they are or aren't about it) you don't get to (or at least shouldn't) to cry about it. You listen to what they have to say. If you disagree; that's fine! You can just keep going and release your game.

I'll bottom line this for you, so you don't take this the wrong way - you're perfectly free to ignore criticism; but you're not allowed to fucking cry about it.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
The shading of those glowing eyes will give me nightmares.. welp good job.
@NB: Your picture actually startled me when I opened up the page. Looks good, nothing really to critique. Your brother finished any new character portraits?
@AFD - So far with every CONSTRUCTIVE comment that has been said, you've lashed out and defended your screenshot/game. Constructive criticism is given by members to HELP you IMPROVE. Just stop lashing out at every comment that ISN'T GOOD or isn't praise. Give it a break, OK? We don't want this screenshot topic dying as well :(.
Also, I'll just add that I personally think that your ABS is good considering it is made in RM2K3 (or is it RM2k?). I wouldn't have the patience to do such a thing.

@Nightblade - I think that looks superb. I have nothing else to say other than keep doing what you're doing :P!

Edit: Also, Kaempfer, we finally got screenshot out of you, but whatever happened to the game you were making with the RS3 characters? I liked the game with the RS3 characters :(.
Incidentally, here's the original one. All drawn and colored by my brother... The hood has a little flap I edited out of the ingame version.

While my brother has been working on the face pictures, he hasn't really gotten anything done as of yet... Which makes me wonder if I should reconsider. I don't blame him since he's a busy man - but I'd really like to finish my game asap.

I wish I could show more, but I'd like to avoid spoiling things with excessive amounts of media.

I will be remaking the game up to the point where you "leave" Madera. It will be a little shorter, but will have superior character development.
post=109122
It will be a little shorter, but will have superior character development.

I can't wait :)!
I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with the original edits from the previous demo, for the facesets I mean. Were you planning on making additional cutscenes in a style similar to how you began the last demo? If so, then that's another story..
post=109125
I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with the original edits from the previous demo, for the facesets I mean. Were you planning on making additional cutscenes in a style similar to how you began the last demo? If so, then that's another story..

If I was drawing it I would, but this is my brother. I'm lucky to be (maybe) getting these face pictures.

There will be two more picture cutscenes in the game. One for an important scene in the middle of the game (already drawn up), and another for the ending.
Nightblade, that shit is epic. Props to your bro.
I agree with what NB has said, and that AFD is overreacting.

People have for the most part offered genuine criticisms. Sure, Kaempfer likes to sprinkle in smart-ass comments, but as NB said, and I believe I told you this same thing: you're showing your work to the public, you have to be prepared to accept the feedback; good and bad. Reacting in a negative way to criticism will only hurt you. You won't get honest criticism, and you'll just attract trolls.

We're not here to stroke your ego or give you digital high-fives. Don't post things just to get praise. You should be here to get honest feedback, and use it to improve.

The criticism about the oversized HUD has already been iterated a few times, and it's a very valid point (I'm sorry that I didn't understand that's what you meant in your post, Arcan). It's something you should strongly consider altering.

NB: Some people had positive things to say. You didn't. Why butt in? Are you the reality police? Here to save AFD from other RMN members making him think he can make the next Zelda game in rm2k3? Give me a break. He knows what he's doing, he just can't take criticism. Say whatever it is you want to say about a project, then drop it.
NB: If you like the purple shade on the image, you can try saving the picture in a program that can dither the colors. It would help prevent the hard color lines (if I'm guessing what the color problem was correctly).

May be nitpicking, but I might add another comma after "fearful of the unknown." I think what you have is better than starting the line with "Fearful of the unknown, ..." because of the extra emphasis on the word "mankind."

Looks good.