SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Wow that machine sprite looks so good D-Bones!
Looks like a lot of detail has been put into it.

+hima, those Alice screenies look very pretty, you have a good artist on your side! The problem i had with the videos was that the poses didn't seem to work as fluidly as they could have, but i can't see that holding the game back much.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I like the giant letters around the portraits. Also, furry? Really?
@boobledeeboo
Thanks! Also, as I replied Blindmind earlier, the animations in this game is pretty rushed since we only have about a month to finish this game :(

@Craze
Well, the original Alice in Wonderland had them so why not ? :P
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
All righty! Unless anyone has complaints about how it all looks, this should be the final version.

The enemies are green because they aren't normal creatures. It's in a computer, so they're cyber pseudo-baddies.

This shot was ridiculously hard to take.
Whoah, why's there blood all over the floor? ( looks sweet BTW )
halibabica
XD I thought it might look too much like blood. They're supposed to be burn marks, since the creatures here are always scorching the place. I'll tone that stuff a little differently, methinks.
Maybe make the marks black and grey, as if it were seared? Like the customs stuff a lot.
I'm almost finished with Dego, so it's about time I added a proper title screen:

Thanks to Ashingda for drawing the image!
Hali: I agree with Drakonais; a very dark red or grey might better give the impression of scorch marks.

Ramshackin: I'm looking forward to checking out Dego when it's done! Like the title screen, colorful and to the point!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

I know for a fact this is too dark on some monitors- I checked it on one of the iMacs at my college this morning, and it was wayyyyy too dark.

That said, I'd love thoughts/comments/etc. It's for the intro sequence of my game which will play out in a sort of faux-sidescrolling perspective.
It would look prettier if I could see it.
tardis
post=109607
I know for a fact this is too dark on some monitors
post=109614
post=109607
I know for a fact this is too dark on some monitors

That doesn't change the fact that we can't see it.

*posts all black image*
"feedback plz"
"it's all black"
"I KNOW!!!! FEEDBACK PLZ!!!"
halibabica
All I can make out is an ominous-looking cavern. Maybe in full screen with the lights out it can be seen better, but as it is it's very hard to make out (and not just for me, it would seem). Lighten it up a little, and it should be just fine.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I was able to see it just fine this morning and continue to be able to see it just fine right now.
I can see it just fine, and my monitor has a fairly dark calibration.
It takes a second for your eyes to adjust, but after a sec I can see it fine.

btw its awesome
tardis
post=109615
"I KNOW!!!! FEEDBACK PLZ!!!"

a big part of the feedback i'm looking for is visibility-related. i'm trying to optimize this stuff for most folks to be able to see it well. just know that i'm not whining about it. ;)

edit: did this quick and dirty in photoshop- how's the visibility now?
tardis: I could see the first image as well as this image. In full screen, the first image will appear a lot brighter. The hue of the walls gives off the illusion that there is a good deal of light inside the cave or it's outside. If it's supposed to be inside a dark cavern, then tinting the walls with some blue will give that illusion without needing to actually darken anything.
tardis
there's a light lightmap that's going down over this still, so some amount of the orange tint will make sense once you can see there's a mining lantern in there. but yeah- a slight blue tint to some of this really helps. thanks sfl!