SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Viewed against a black background, both would probably be visible now that I squint. I have an abnormally dark monitor.

I really thought there was more off to the side that I was missing, though. It looks good, but there are a tonne of weird colour specks which hurt my pixel art side.
Top of the page, Kaempfer, you know what you have to do.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=109626
IIt looks good, but there are a tonne of weird colour specks which hurt my pixel art side.

this is completely intentional- it fits with the generally overly-gritty graphical style of the game, and the scene takes place in a particularly mineral- and ore-rich tunnel.
YDS
member of the bull moose party

Ghost hammers on the piano while Lolallzen grumpily serves his customers drinks. I have no idea WTF Darken is doing because he is talking to a disconnected receiver! D-Bones and Neok drinks while Manifesto is dealing his cards.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Ashes to ashes...

Looks much more scorched! Thanks again, guys!

Me again ^.^
I'm pretty proud of the backdrop this time, even to the menus cover most of it.

Four random shots of my upcoming game. :)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Looks nice, JoRu. I like the cliff and camp especially.
post=109688
Looks nice, JoRu. I like the cliff and camp especially.

Thanks! Those are the ones I'm the most proud of. :)
post=109640
Ghost hammers on the piano while Lolallzen grumpily serves his customers drinks. I have no idea WTF Darken is doing because he is talking to a disconnected receiver! D-Bones and Neok drinks while Manifesto is dealing his cards.

Very nice, very nice. Which one is me? Regardless, my skin needs to be changed. Noone there is a nice mocha brown!
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Haha. Yeah, I am giving the old man sprite to Neok and changing your sprite.
Haha, awesome. Neok's got a manly beard. Looks good!
post=109640
Lolallzen

brb changing my name
post=109628
Top of the page, Kaempfer, you know what you have to do.

I didn't even realise and now it's too late since we're almost on page 19. DARN

post=109629
this is completely intentional- it fits with the generally overly-gritty graphical style of the game, and the scene takes place in a particularly mineral- and ore-rich tunnel.

You're making Pipes in Cave the Game, right? The two graphical styles do not mesh. FF6/whatever else you're using don't have weird colour flecks (which just looks like weird colour loss issues to me) so... At the same time, if the scene is moving I doubt I'll even notice. Screenshots tend not to capture the best in terms of details like that.

(no insult here, I think your game looks great)
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Back when I was working with XP I was really interested in isometric games. This was a unfinished mockup for a game I was hoping I could do in the future. The character was drawn separately from the background and that's why he's too tall for it. It was a pain to put all these tiles in the correct spots.

edit: There is something about green hair that I really like.
tardis
holy cocks, arcan- did you make all that from scratch!? that is incredible. i love isometric games so much.

post=109780
You're making Pipes in Cave the Game, right? The two graphical styles do not mesh. FF6/whatever else you're using don't have weird colour flecks (which just looks like weird colour loss issues to me) so... At the same time, if the scene is moving I doubt I'll even notice. Screenshots tend not to capture the best in terms of details like that.

oh believe me, in-game, they mesh a lot better than screenshots on a website with a white backround. this one sticks out to you because it's oversaturated a little bit. there's a loss of saturation when overlays are used, ergo i know have to oversaturate a lot of things beforehand.
and it's a very moving scene, as a matter of fact. ;)

(no insult here, I think your game looks great)

i'm offended why can't you suck my dick when i post screenshots arggggh
tardis
never ever open multiple tabs of the same thread ever
YDS, I always enjoy a good community game and this looks promising. Can I be someone's hat or maybe a weapon or something? That would be cool.

Title screen for my rmvx game (if the name is familiar, its a standalone episode, not a remake). I wonder if someone would help me improve this screen if I gave them the .psd elements that made it. The parts I would like to keep are the font, the red background and a logo thats form is a black shadow.

@Arcan: nice isometric field. I can understand you not following through with it for real, though; it looks pretty challenging to setup without using a large, preset piece.

post=109798
edit: There is something about green hair that I really like.

Do you like my hair? =)

@illustrious: I can make out a faint background picture, but from a distance, it looks pretty empty. maybe make it brighter? Do that for the subtitle text beneath the logo, too - it blends too much with the background.
@arcan: My FFT love pours out for that screenshot. Shame it didn't work out.