SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

@arcan: those isometric tiles look so nice! It is a real shame they're only eye candy and not being put to use :(

@JoRu + Captain Regal: you both make VX look like a really good engine to use for mapping. Captain Regal's looks quite atmospheric.

@YDS: im looking forward to this project so much, it looks so cute and cosy :) i think thanks are in order for doing such a nice job. I laughed at the Nightblade AFD situation.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Regal, that looks good and the symmetry doesn't. Try moving the bottom box or hole one tile to the side and removing one of the lower-wall webs.

Everyday's an RPG is really dead now. Decided to do something completely new.
@Regal: Very nice mapping, but like Craze said, a little too symmetric.
post=109798
Back when I was working with XP I was really interested in isometric games. This was a unfinished mockup for a game I was hoping I could do in the future. The character was drawn separately from the background and that's why he's too tall for it. It was a pain to put all these tiles in the correct spots.

edit: There is something about green hair that I really like.

Seriously makes me want to make a turn based strat one day.
Darken, I would learn Ruby just to help with that.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
It's arcan's, not Darken's.
It's arcan's shot of a discontinued project and Darken expressed interest in making something like it.
post=110038
post=109798
Back when I was working with XP I was really interested in isometric games. This was a unfinished mockup for a game I was hoping I could do in the future. The character was drawn separately from the background and that's why he's too tall for it. It was a pain to put all these tiles in the correct spots.

edit: There is something about green hair that I really like.
Seriously makes me want to make a turn based strat one day.

It makes me want to do a turn based strategy game and I'm already working on one. =)
So I've gone insane and am now attempting a CBS in RMVX. The HUD is fully functional so far with smooth sliding HP/Burst gauges. Just need to get battle sprites in there next, and then finally work on actual battle processing.

Funny, I refuse to make a CBS in 2k3, yet I'm happily doing one in VX. :V

wow those facesets look so good - are they original work?
All material has been mugged from White Ties for this VX experiment.
ahh i see, well everything works nicely together(...obviously i suppose) and Burst Drive looks intriguing. :)
Here's the final bit of stuff I'm going to show of Boss Project V. I recently recorded the final boss battle of the game and uploaded the video to youtube, so...guess what I'm going to show!?

Not a very challenging question, I know.

Part 1^

Part 2^
I'm going to go ahead and say that the final boss of your game is probably something you don't want to be putting up on youtube, unless it's really old. All of your monsters also, for whatever reason, still are in the wrong perspective... The music direction is confusing as well. You have tiny chibi characters and FF5 graphics with next generation styled music... and NES styled sound effects mixed in for some reason.

From my perspective, it also looks like the enemy itself has a few redundant attacks of similar elements.

I don't really see any problem with putting it up on Youtube. If it was a game that I were charging for or had made commercial... then sure! I probably wouldn't say much at all then. But the videos don't give much away about anything, and it was a bit of fun to do so.

Maybe the next one (if there is) will come out different, but that's it for the 5th! As odd as it may look.
OH HEY CHAOS GUESS WHAT (place holder sprites since I'm lazy to work on marian's sprites yet)

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I...

Uh... Er...

Wait...

LOVE AND HAPPY :D

As this is the new first actual level the player sees, I took great care to make it look as good as possible.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
There's a dead body! (Looks good.)