SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

Tested a video and I didn't have any dropped frames at all. What video codec is CamStudio using and what frame rate is it trying to capture at?

Town p1

Town p2 (Both part of the same map)

A cliff

A Cave

And part of a forest like area

-These are all part of a VERY random practice project I'm working on. Nothing is planned...I just map as I see fit. I'm using nothing but Mack Tiles (and about 4 RTP flowers) to show what Mack Tiles (pretty much by themselves) can do, which is the purpose of this project. I know I'm not the greatest mapper yet (xD, it's a goal that keeps me going) I think that these are turning out well.
The project will be called Paradise Isle or something along those lines.
-The gameplay with mostly be roaming around the island exploring the locales (I'm keeping it small, like 50-75ish maps or so) and taking on small side-quests from the people who live on the island. The island itself has many mysteries and secret locations to keep people interested for a decent amount of time. It's not a prestigious project, but it's something I do to practice mapping.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
In the bottom-right of the first screen, you have some grass with light dirt around it. The border looks bad... and hey, it's in the bottom-left of the last screen as well. Otherwise, that looks pretty damn good!
@Ninjuit: Something about the look of VX has never appealed to me. These screenshots are uplifting exceptions.
They definitely look solid-- but since you've obviously made/found edits for the rounded cliff edges... why even bother keeping the square ones? They serve little purpose other than making your maps look waaaay blocky.
For some reason, your game's visual style reminds me of Alundra.

I'd piss myself if someone made a good Alundra type game.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
post=110470
For some reason, your game's visual style reminds me of Alundra.

I'd piss myself if someone made a good Alundra type game.

If you're looking for an alright alundra type rm2k3 game then "Dark Valley" is the way to go.
Its hit detection is terrible but it's style is very much like Alundra.
Click the screenshot for a video.

AFrenchDreamer
I'm going to re-create the "Dark Lich" battle from Secret Of Mana and post it up on here!
@Ninjuit: Those VX maps taught me a ton, look amazing too.
@Craze - You are right, when I have time I will go fix that.
@Drakonais - Awesome, that's what I like to hear :p
@blindmind - I have no idea why I do what I do. I just don't think that ALL cliffs are rounded so I mix in both :\
@Feldschlacht IV - xD, how does it remind you of Alundria? (I looked up some screenshots and didn't really see much of a resemblance)
@Anaryu - Well, I learned from checking out nice maps (recently a couple of Stormrider's maps, though my style is a little different from his) so I'm glad I could help. Also, thank you.
post=110504
Click the screenshot for a video.

I love it! Is that all from scratch, or is it GameMaker or something?
All the sprites are from scratch, and I'm making it with Indie Game Maker (Action Game Maker)
The jumping physics seemed intense. Like Commander Keen-esque. You need more arcadey float.
@Feldschlacht IV - xD, how does it remind you of Alundria? (I looked up some screenshots and didn't really see much of a resemblance)

Not graphically, but the level design of the screens that take place outside share a lot of similarity with the field/level design for Alundra's overworld, namely the way the cliffs are leveled and so on. It's hard to explain, at least it's hard for be to verbalize.
I shall hafta try and figure out how to make the jumps more floaty. In the meantime I updated the level a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sihUhXgOJ68
AFrenchDreamer
I like that Sam......I really do! (Please let this message make start another page!)

EDIT: *Facepalms*
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
AFD, stop fucking posting just to bump yourself onto a new page. It's annoying on GW, it's a sin against humanity here.
post=110662
Not graphically, but the level design of the screens that take place outside share a lot of similarity with the field/level design for Alundra's overworld, namely the way the cliffs are leveled and so on. It's hard to explain, at least it's hard for be to verbalize.

Hey, here are a few screens of Alundra to show you what I mean!

http://wolverinesoft.org/library/library14_files/image-008.jpg
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/7/75/Alundra_Cliffs_of_Madness.JPG

The way the cliffs are sequenced gives your game the appearance of an action themed Alundra/Zelda type game.