SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
Alright I listened to some of the helpful comments I got on my other videos and addressed them in these.

1. I fixed the lag that happens when a enemy is hit. Now the hit registers much sooner.

2. I resized the bars and made them more parallel. They take up much less screen space now.

3. I got rid of the huge items buttons. I remodeled them and placed them where the limit bar used to be.
This freed up a lot of space on the screen.

4. I added Enemy health bars! Also, the enemy health bars aren't just in one size.....they change depending on how much HP an enemy has.

Enjoy - Its me fighting Rabites. I also am showing of two of the 15 sword skills as well.

*The blue shield that you see come up around the hero is the "Deflect" skill that blocks enemy attacks (Some).

Hope you guys like the changes i've made.
Thanks guys for all comments you gave me. It helped.
Cool, finally some special abilities.

The enemies take too many hits to kill. Probably for demo purposes, which is fine. I would keep things as quick to kill as you can, because the nature of the ABS means control will never be as responsive as, say, SoM. Better to emphasize abilities that allow you to keep your distance than forcing players to get close and risk losing half their health being hit because of bad luck.

I don't remember how big the bars were before, but they still look too big to me. They can be much thinner, vertically and horizontally.

I like how the blue special ability freezes the events. This helps remove uncontrollable elements of the ABS, like I mentioned earlier. That puts more focus on drawing enemies into a position that's profitable to the player rather than trying to position yourself with a lesser degree of control.

I have to give you props on using Napple Tale music. Yoko Kanno is a genius!
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
post=110824
Cool, finally some special abilities.

The enemies take too many hits to kill. Probably for demo purposes, which is fine. I would keep things as quick to kill as you can, because the nature of the ABS means control will never be as responsive as, say, SoM. Better to emphasize abilities that allow you to keep your distance than forcing players to get close and risk losing half their health being hit because of bad luck.

I don't remember how big the bars were before, but they still look too big to me. They can be much thinner, vertically and horizontally.

I like how the blue special ability freezes the events. This helps remove uncontrollable elements of the ABS, like I mentioned earlier. That puts more focus on drawing enemies into a position that's profitable to the player rather than trying to position yourself with a lesser degree of control.

I have to give you props on using Napple Tale music. Yoko Kanno is a genius!

Yeah the enemies are tough because I was playing on Hard mode.

Yoko Kanno is a genius! I love his/her music. Especially this track.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger

Picture from SP3D's second zone. The whole angle I'm going for is a cyber-world trying to look like something it isn't, so even the natural stuff has an unnatural feel (if I had to guess, I'd say those plants are probably made of metal). The Weepinbell enemy moves about randomly and drips pools of acid beneath it. It can't hurt you, but the puddles sure can.

@AFD: Just one suggestion; you might want to change the color of the numbers for the damage the player is taking. When your attack and theirs strike at the same time, it gets a little confusing because the numbers line up with each other. I think damage taken would work better in red.
AFD: Her.

Hali: Very green! Don't know what to say, it's probably what you're going for. I maintain my opinion on the ceiling tile, could be darker to draw more focus to the playing field. A neat trick to help those trees look metal would be to color-select the lightest shade of green and make it much lighter (to give off the impression that it's shiny like metal).
post=110799
post=110662
@Feldschlacht IV - xD, how does it remind you of Alundria? (I looked up some screenshots and didn't really see much of a resemblance)
Not graphically, but the level design of the screens that take place outside share a lot of similarity with the field/level design for Alundra's overworld, namely the way the cliffs are leveled and so on. It's hard to explain, at least it's hard for be to verbalize.
Hey, here are a few screens of Alundra to show you what I mean!

http://wolverinesoft.org/library/library14_files/image-008.jpg
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/7/75/Alundra_Cliffs_of_Madness.JPG

The way the cliffs are sequenced gives your game the appearance of an action themed Alundra/Zelda type game.

OH. Now I see the resemblance. xD That looks like a pretty fun game though. What is it for?
@ AFD: you have made some amazing improvments! I still say you need some ranged attacks though! :D I can't wait to play it when you finish.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
AFD - It's improving, still a couple of hick ups here and there but wow man, can't wait to try it out! What the hell was that song from, it was so cheery and happy haha.

Two screenshots and an excerpt from one of the facesets of my current side project. It'll be a horror-detective story-adventure; you'll be playing FBI Special Agent Isaac Spencer investigating the whereabouts of a serial killer in the northern United States.

Oh, and...hello there.
Dark is really the new light these days isn't it.
Seriously though, it looks pretty cool, got the gungy feeling going on. And i love detective games :D
I can't make out what that red machine like thing is in the second screen though.
gungy ?? like noel's house party ??
hahahaha and get your own back. i hope you know i meant grungy i just fail at typing
get your own back aaaaaaaahhhhhh. where have all the gungy game shows presented by dave benson phillips / pat sharp gone
post=111084
I can't make out what that red machine like thing is in the second screen though.

It's a laundry box xD
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
very nice I'm especially fond of the snazzy lighting effects

can never enough of those

It's a title screen... thing! :D

First time using Gimp, so... yeah. Any comments are welcome.
well

its p basic

if that's what you're looking for
I would suggest at least getting a fancier font for the title from dafonts or something.

OH HEY TOWN EXPLORATION.
post=111223
Link: STUFF

A good work around for RMVX's terrible mapping. Gives the game a kind of adventure genre feel.
Gemini- Between the boring text and window skin, the semi-trippy background seems misplaced. I would advise you spice up the fonts- I don't see any reason they should be that boring.

Darken- I like it. I'm impressed that the scenic art doesn't clash with the messages or anything. The only thing that looks awkward is the Day of the Moon window being transparent. It feels like it can't make up it's mind whether it wants to obscure the picture or not. If you want all of it to be visible, I'd say just move something.

I just got RMVX last night, and I had little to no faith in it. Then, today happened-

I'm pretty satisfied.