SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=112100

but it's a yes if it's lit directly from the front. :/

EDIT: FUCKING NEW PAGE
post=112030
Some people may find the stance too wiggly but there is no "Right way" to hold a sword.

Believe it or not, there is a correct way to hold a sword. The main character doesn't necessarily have to hold it the correct way to fight (He might be a novice / inexperienced), but that's beside the point. The movement itself, while fluid; is unnatural and awkward looking.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
post=112102
Some people may find the stance too wiggly but there is no "Right way" to hold a sword.
Believe it or not, there is a correct way to hold a sword. The main character doesn't necessarily have to hold it the correct way to fight (He might be a novice / inexperienced), but that's beside the point. The movement itself, while fluid; is unnatural and awkward looking.

It may be a correct way to hold a sword in real life but why confine yourself to that?

Think outside of the box. Make the hero hold the sword while dancing even. Make the hero hold the sword with it pointing at the enemies. At least that would be original. Anything original.

D-bones if I were you I would try to keep his movement original and interesting. Your movement is interesting looking and i'm liking it.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
It's bad enough that you're a complete, unsalvagable imbecile, AFD. Don't go trying to infect others with it.
post=112105
It's bad enough that you're a complete, unsalvagable imbecile, AFD. Don't go trying to infect others with it.

50% chance he will completely ignore this post and address something completely different. other 50% he will call you Barney Rubble!
I am powerless to stop what is transpiring, and the imminent reply to follow -_-

Hali: Because the floor tile is so bright, the green doesn't bother me =) It was a little strong on rooms that were also green, or had darker floors (or larger rooms).
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
It may be a correct way to hold a sword in real life but why confine yourself to that?

Think outside of the box. Make the hero hold the sword while dancing even. Make the hero hold the sword with it pointing at the enemies. At least that would be original. Anything original.

Originality !== Good, necessarily.

Even the most shonen/hot-blooded of all anime at least has some relation with reality in their action scenes, and they most certainly do not jiggle their swords of all things. Even anime has learned its lesson in this regard.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.

HEY LOOK A SCREENSHOT WITH LIGHTING OVERLAYS EVERYONE TEAR THIS APART INSTEAD OF FLAME BATING.
LouisCyphre
Account hacking will not be tolerated.
HEY LOOK A VIDEO

*copypaste author's comments*

Another test video with a new boss. I made this one mostly to test out animations and such, but I missed one(Rosenkreuzt). D:

This boss' routine is to attack with a cycle of Max Rank Elemental Spells. The key to not getting utterly raped like I did in take one is to stay on top of your elemental barrier spells in order to greatly reduce damage and get your own attacks in when possible. Healing is not a problem with your character's Unique Battle Commands as you can see in the video.

I was also testing out the new number scale for the game. I lowered everything by one digit in order to be similar to Mana Khemia/Atelier series. I think it works well and makes things more exciting. Plus when you finally do manage to start throwing out 500+ damage, it'll be worth it.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
Skie you need to animate your bosses skills some how, the lack of movement and animation in comparision with the player characters is very well... It looks so half assed.
I actually have solved that issue. But I haven't gotten around to implementing it. I'll post a short video with an example soon.
Your characters all
post=112113
HEY LOOK A VIDEO

Your characters look far too similar to one another (The first two and the last two look identical at first glance). The fact that they are clumped together rather close does the game no favors either.
post=112119
Your characters all
post=112113
HEY LOOK A VIDEO

Your characters look far too similar to one another (The first two and the last two look identical at first glance). The fact that they are clumped together rather close does the game no favors either.

I just took the easy way out for now and made them similar to each other. I may go back and adjust/make new idle animations for 1 out of each pair to differentiate. But not now. There are more important things to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
@Skie: Wow, I really love your spritework Skie. It must have taken you a while to make that.

You are a wizard with DBS......you make it look like a CBS!

The two people with blue don't look too similar aside from their blue hair. I have always been impressed with what i've seen you do with rm2k3 Skie.

When your game comes out you better believe I'll be downloading it. Good work.

http://rpgmaker.net/users/Illustrious/locker/Ossum.jpg
I hope you geted it befour Santa tiyme aurivez... but it is Hrd dedline. 44444
Com get in thr3 weaks- readie then.
wehere is my Verelen Freckquenkcy????? u ar punk!
@ Well... Everyone:

Thanks for the tips, I'll get to workin' on it today. I just so happen to have a little foam sword and I just fucked around with it. The only way i can wiggle the sword around like that is if a have a very loose grip on the thing. If i tightened my grip it went up and down with my instead of jiggling everywhere. That wouldn't be a very good idea in battle.

I also got to work on the pillowy shading. The light's coming from the front but slightly from the right, but it looks like it's coming from just the front, so I gotta fix that.

Also, Nightblade, what's wrong with Megaman music? I'm not complaining, I just want to know why you think it's a no-go.
post=112128
post=112119
Your characters all
post=112113
HEY LOOK A VIDEO

I just took the easy way out for now and made them similar to each other. I may go back and adjust/make new idle animations for 1 out of each pair to differentiate. But not now. There are more important things to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

A simple hair color change would do wonders! Is that feasible with the rest of graphics like charsets and facesets?
LouisCyphre
Weren't they were sets of twins?