SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

*ding ding ding*

I'm goin' with VideoWizards suggestion. Thanks for the feedback, I'll show the end result in a bit.

EDIT: Damn it.

post=112350
post=112307
A boring screenshot, nothing all that exciting except...

Enemy and Ally join forces!?
Why not make the "HP" and "MP" block be "H" and "M" like old-school Dragon Quest, and move the part that shows three digits now over so it shows four?

Like this:

It has the bonus of the bottom part of the MP numbers not touching the bottom of the box.

This is getting nitpicky, but the contrast between the color of the numbers and it's background isn't great enough. It makes it harder to read.

Looks awesome overall, though!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Okay, I took a page from the Book of Kaempfer and redrew the ceiling tile.

The middle areas are darker, the edges are better defined, and I quite like how it looks now. What do you guys think?
Definite improvement. Good suggestion, good implementation.
Hali, much better!

It's amazing how changing a little bit of detail can make a biiiiiiiiiiiig difference.
that looks a lot nicer! i feel its less strain on the eyes
post=112400
post=112350
post=112307
A boring screenshot, nothing all that exciting except...

Enemy and Ally join forces!?
Why not make the "HP" and "MP" block be "H" and "M" like old-school Dragon Quest, and move the part that shows three digits now over so it shows four?

Like this:

It has the bonus of the bottom part of the MP numbers not touching the bottom of the box.
This is getting nitpicky, but the contrast between the color of the numbers and it's background isn't great enough. It makes it harder to read.

Looks awesome overall, though!

I made a version like this when I was helping because I couldn't stand the overlapping numbers. Just took out the "P" and left the beginning letter.

I would have thought he'd still have it D=
YDS
member of the bull moose party

the church of chapsets with the three tile rule
post=112554
the church of chapsets with the three tile rule

You should add a hue to it, so it looks like a carving or something.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i like it as-is, it's clearly a chapset in its current form
Enemy Skill Movement is implemented.

Yeah the first one is a bit off. I'll work on that.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
Wow those animations look like they took a lot of work. It looks great......good work!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Do these cliff edges and what not look alright?

Ohh custom stuff♥
The cliff edges are okay, and the shading is fine, but the bottom looks a bit boring. But I guess you'll fill the map anyways
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
The cliff tops as opposed to the cliff bottoms are more pointed. Otherwise, it all seems to flow well!
@Tau: Like Craze said; round the top of the cliffs (the overhanging tiles at the bottom of the map are the ones I'm talking about) and, shape wise, it should be fine. I am not sure if it makes sense to have them shaded at one end and not the other... yet. It looks good now, but if you are planning on adding any more detail it might confuse the eye. That's easily fixed, though, if it becomes a problem in the future, so fear not!

@Hali: *thumbsup.gif* The absolute only nitpicky thing I would change is to try to link the edge bright pieces together into a cohesive border, but that's minor and only preference. It looks really good, otherwise.

I forgot I once try to do a ship in Rmvx using the default graphics and failed miserably.
The cabins actually look pretty good, but the ship, railing, and a masts look horrendous. Nothing like a rip to make a good ship.