SCREENSHOT SESAME STREET (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)

@nickad - Looks really good man. I'm lovin' that chipset. My only suggestion would be to add some covers or something over the guy on the bed just so he doesn't look like he's standing on it (unless he is, of course).

EDIT: New page, here's the pic I was talking about:

post=112689
Liberty, the grass needs more details :(.

Edit: Also, I might as well post another screenshot.
The Barracks!

I also promise that this will be the last one on this area!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
will it also be the last one with Rudora graphics
that's mostly ff6 learn your rpgs
I really hate those Rudra sprites everyone keep using this one this day.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Really ? What's wrong with them?
post=112787
Really ? What's wrong with them?

Because they're overused.

Every game is starting to look the same, and that's not exactly a good thing.
In their defense maybe about 10 out of 100 games with Rudra graphics will ever be seen past a screenshot stage. However still, variety helps. If you're using Rudra rips, it's always good advice to at least recolor them or something. The downfall to Rudra charsets is that to my knowledge, you can't really edit them and change them around like you can FF6 sprites.

If anything I think it would be refreshing to see some Romancing Saga style graphics and characters.
post=112806
In their defense maybe about 10 out of 100 games with Rudra graphics will ever be seen past a screenshot stage. However still, variety helps. If you're using Rudra rips, it's always good advice to at least recolor them or something. The downfall to Rudra charsets is that to my knowledge, you can't really edit them and change them around like you can FF6 sprites.

Rudra sprites can be recolored and edited as easily as FF6 sprites, that isn't the issue here though - as recoloring and editing things won't change the fact that it's still an overused style.

If anything I think it would be refreshing to see some Romancing Saga style graphics and characters.

Romancing Saga graphics are a bit too muddy for my tastes, also they aren't as widely available as Rudra graphics, and by available I mean downloading Balmung Cycle and gutting it's resource folder.

Rudra sprites can be recolored and edited as easily as FF6 sprites, that isn't the issue here though - as recoloring and editing things won't change the fact that it's still an overused style.

I understand that. I'm just saying that if you MUST use Rudra graphics, due to being too far along in your project or just stubborness, editing/recoloring can help your case even just a little bit.
rudra graphics are overused *uses rs3 characters, chrono trigger background*

rudra no hihō wasn't even released in the west and in terms of characters is criminally under-ripped your point is sinking
post=112818
rudra graphics are overused *uses rs3 characters, chrono trigger background*

rudra no hihō wasn't even released in the west and in terms of characters is criminally under-ripped your point is sinking

Rudra's doing a whole lot better than Chrono Trigger when it comes to how many rips are out there, unless of course you count those poorly optimized chipsets from 2000.

My point is that too many games look similar; how exactly is that "sinking"?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/chronotrigger/index.html

every playable character, loads of NPCs, shit load of monsters, fairly good amount of backgrounds (many more on vgmaps). that's on one website.

i guess it was just funny that you were complaining about it and then immediately posted a shot with some overused rips (by your own definition since that's a character edit)
post=112825
http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/chronotrigger/index.htmlevery playable character, loads of NPCs, shit load of monsters, fairly good amount of backgrounds (many more on vgmaps). that's on one website.

i guess it was just funny that you were complaining about it and then immediately posted a shot with some overused rips (by your own definition since that's a character edit)

Those are entire level rips, not chipsets. Rudra has a ton of crap out there already in chipset form. They are even conveniently packaged in a game.

As far as Chrono being overused; I can recall two games in recent memory that use them.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
Good point geodude.
chipsets and recently change the ball game but only very slightly. also i've heard it's really difficult to make chipsets out of rips ::)

(hi i don't need your bandwagonning i know you already have a grudge against nightblade / maybe each other)
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
post=112831
chipsets and recently change the ball game but only very slightly. also i've heard it's really difficult to make chipsets out of rips ::)

(hi i don't need your bandwagonning i know you already have a grudge against nightblade / maybe each other)

I'm not bandwagoning, I was going to say the same thing but you typed it before me.
And also, I have no grudges against Nightblade. It's just a forum.

Why would I bandwagon with someone who wants me banned anyway? *_*
because I DON'T KNOW HOW / WHETHER YOUR BRAN WORKS
post=112831

Yes, making chipsets requires some time and effort; what's your point?

My initial point is simply that people need to lay off rudra crap and use some other rips. Adding some grass and switching a chipset around doesn't change the fact that it's still mostly rudra and it's getting stale.

Chrono Trigger may not be an obscure game, (it isn't used as much as one would think either) but at least it differentiates one's game a little. I also posted that screenshot because... Well; it's a screenshot topic.

Good point geodude.

Well well, look what the cat dragged in and pissed on.

I'm not bandwagoning

I bet you didn't even know what we were debating when you posted this.
Yes, making chipsets requires some time and effort; what's your point?
*copy pastes* whew i'm tired lemme lie down (seriously i did very little but this for ages it is literally a walk in the park. you could do this on a laptop while walking in a park)

i didn't really register a problem / care about the screenshot it was rather the point previously made. i mean i do agree with you that certain things are overused and i do try to find the things that lie underused at the bottom of the rip toybox but it was just hilarious when set against the screenshot you subsequently posted

this is such a nothing discussion aaaaaaa