GAME PROFILE CUSTOMIZATION FAQ

Pages: first 12345 next last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
This topic will continue to evolve as more tips and tricks for customization are discovered. I am basically just letting people go hogwild and free with their customizations. Note that Game Profile Customization requires some knowledge of CSS.

Following is your little bit of documentation:

Background Image
#body { background: #FFFFFF url("yourfilelocationhere.com") !important; }
That #FFFFFF is the new background color you want. Replace yourfilelocationhere.com with the URL for an image. I would suggest using your Locker to host images. You can use a combination of both to create a brand new background.

#body { background: #FFFFFF url("yourfilelocationhere.com") repeat-x !important; }
This will put an image and color on the background. The background image will repeat across the top and the rest will be filled with the color.

#body is the main tag to control the smooth gradient area on the site. You won't want to put any other styles here.

Game Profile Content Area
#game_frame
#game_frame is the ID you want to attach your styles to. This is the main white block on each game profile page. If you are hip with CSS, this is what you are looking for.

#discussion div.message.even {
background: black;
}

#discussion div.message.odd {
background: blue;
}
#discussion is the block that has all the comments displayed. This will change the background colors for the alternating colors.
So all I have to do is put that piece of code in the blank space there, no extra anything nesscessary?

I'm asking cause I know nothing of CSS and I don't want to break anything hardcore.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I tested this and tried to change the BG image for Ascendence's game page, but apparently it doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, it does work now. I probably just did some typo the first time I tried.
I can't seem to get mine to work for some reason. I'm pasting it in there and changing the web address, but it's not doing anything. Does it need to be a specific picture type? PNG or JPEG or whatever?
I'm in the same boat as NicoB. The background for A Simple Tale is just a lighter gradient now that I put the code there.
can you do this everywhere? just so i can remove those gradients ;)
This is neat! I noticed two or three games with backgrounds before. I will probably join them at some point. Maybe.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Correction: the forum BBCode automatically added in extra junk to the CSS. It has been corrected. I went through a couple pages and corrected it for you guys.
Is it possible to have an image that doesn't fill the entire page combined with a solid color to fill in the rest of it? So if we have an image thats fading to black, we don't have to use a giant image?
WIP
I added that.
Lennon, Neo Lescia's game page looks so sexy
I know right?

I think you need something more than light blue, to be honest. I can show you more art like my BG if you want :D
Anyone know how to change the color of the text?

Also WIP, this is a very cool update.
WIP
#game_frame { color: #FFFFFF; }

That will change all the text.
AFrenchDreamer
plz send msg for internet grl shmoozing tipz
Thank you! This is exactly what i've been needing. Greatly apreciated!
Yeah, it was just temporary until I got some of the pics worked out. How about now?

http://rpgmaker.net/games/650/
Since I'm totally "hip" with CSS, here y'all go.

Image Background for Game Profile Comment Areas

#discussion div.frame{
background: url("[url]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1814/locker/commentbackgroundne.png[/url]") repeat !important; //background image goes in this one, if you only plan on using different colors for the comments delete this
}
#discussion div.contents.message.even{
background: url("[url]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1814/locker/clear.gif[/url]") !important; //CSS3 will have background colors with alpha values, images with alpha for now, alternatively you could use a color here
}
#discussion div.contents.message.odd{
background: url("[url]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1814/locker/clear.gif[/url]") !important; //alternatively another color could be used here
}
#discussion div.contents.message.odd.authors div.user_block {
background: #FFF8EF !important; //show standard is author or developer whatever color around the authors' avatars in their posts on the gamepage, if you are only using colors instead of a background image, delete the div.user_block
}
#discussion div.contents.message.even.authors div.user_block {
background: #FFF8EF !important; //if you are only using colors instead of a background image, delete the div.user_block
}

Example of Finished Product
Getting there.... but am having trouble finding the right class names/tags for the Downloads and Reviews sections.
post=107806
Getting there....but am having trouble finding the right class names/tags for the Downloads and Reviews sections.

If you're talking about the white backgrounds and their names, it should be:

#game_frame table.listing tr.odd {

#game_frame table.listing tr.odd a.name {
Pages: first 12345 next last