[COMMUNITY] CHRISTMAS CARD

YDS
member of the bull moose party

Interactive Happy Holidays Card

What is it?
Basically a Happy Holidays Card-turned RM project. We are currently brainstorming the details of the game, but basically, you can volunteer yourself as an NPC citizen of the town.

How do I participate?
You must send me a PM with some text that you want in-game. Please, nothing too vulgar or stupid. You may also send invidiual messages to certain members. This can be displayed in the form of options in the game.

Can I submit my own graphics?
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR OWN GRAPHICS. I CAN FIND/MAKE NICE SPRITES FOR YOU. I ACTUALLY PREFER IT IF YOU DON'T.If you want, you can submit your own NPCs, but I would 98% prefer it if you used a REFMAP style. Even though this is a light-hearted project, I still want it to look nice, being a bit of a %100-polished freak.

On the topic of Mini-Games
I am still thinking about this. I might have a few people make mini-games, but I don't really want anything like an Alex Game. Most of the mini-games I've seen in collaborative projects turn out banal. I'll see what happens as the time draws closer.

NPC Participants! The Nice (Anyone with a strike through means they already submitted their materials)
- YDS
- AznChipmunk
- Xanedil
- Ghost
- Liberty
- Lennon
- Tardis
- Manifesto
- Lolzallen
- outlander145
- Orig
- Feldschlacht IV
- Little Wing Guy
- Darken
- Natook
- Yellow Magic
- Silveria
- Drakonis
- Black Magechill
- Gibsmaker
- SavageIntentions
- King Arthur
- ZPE
- Shinan
- meh_ch
- Aero GP
- NicoB
- Solitayre
- NoblemanNick
- Healy
- ChaosProductions
- halibabica
- Defective Detective
- Ocean's Dream
- BlindMind
- Ark
- WIP
- Neok
- Nessiah
- Jakester
- Sam
- Deacon Batista
- Final Dragon
- Mistuhide the Vagarant
- Geodude
- Halibaica
- Boobledeeboo
- Mary 4D
- Rigby
- Kaempfer
- D-Bones

Honorary Additions (Involuntarily Plugged Into the Game)
- Kentona
- Kentona's Baby
- Craze
- Karsuman
- TFT
- Magi
- Ciel
- Kef
- Nightblade
- RPG

To Do List
- I need you guys to help me come up with a town name! Riverside Mountain Neighborhood
- Setting of the game A small cozy mountainous town on an island
- Submit some music to the game
- Need ideas on areas for the game
- Need art!
- Need quests and minigame ideas!
- Need some people to help me edit some graphics! (see this

Screenshots

Ghost hammers on the piano while Lolallzen grumpily serves his customers drinks. I have no idea WTF Darken is doing because he is talking to a disconnected receiver! D-Bones and Neok drinks while Manifesto is dealing his cards.

Church of Chapsets

Sounds cute. I would join. Hey, maybe it could turn out like a mini game. (Like collect a # of whatever throughout the town while talking to members)
post=107503
Sounds cute. I would join. Hey, maybe it could turn out like a mini game. (Like collect a # of whatever throughout the town while talking to members)

Or the goal is to talk to and find everyone. Have a nice xmasy cutscene at the end as the reward.
I'm in for this, definitely. I remember doing the same thing over at gamingworld some time ago.
Yeah, I'd participate. Sounds nice YDS.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
I'm in but we need to decide on a few things before we can do anything. Here are some important questions we need to consider:

1. Is the town made by one person or by a group? Is someone willing to make a tile set or are we just going to use a pre-made one? How big a map are we using?

2. Is everyone submitting a sprite of their actual selves or can we just use anything?

3. Who is going to put this together?

I could so make a tileset for the town, if you want me to.
post=107518
3. Who is going to put this together?

YDS
I'd have members submit to me a holiday greetings and individual messages to members (which can be read using an option command!).
arcan
If she wants to do it i'm fine but as we get more ideas down it won't be as simple anymore and she might need help.
She might need help? I thought this was going to be like a small town with NPCs standing around that say stuff. How hard can that possibly be?
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i wanna help you map it
And so, this begins to go the route of many community projects. Oh, there's plenty of ideas and discussion on how to go about making it, but it becomes so bloated with those ideas that it collapses into a black hole, never to have actual development of it get anywhere substantial.

This sounds like a neat idea.
arcan
post=107537
And so, this begins to go the route of many community projects. Oh, there's plenty of ideas and discussion on how to go about making it, but it becomes so bloated with those ideas that it collapses into a black hole, never to have actual development of it get anywhere substantial.This sounds like a neat idea.

Basically what I was thinking at first. But if we can get a plan down then we will have a bigger chance to finish this. Also

post=107489
This can turn into something more, but so far I just had a simple and cute idea.
post=107537
And so, this begins to go the route of many community projects. Oh, there's plenty of ideas and discussion on how to go about making it, but it becomes so bloated with those ideas that it collapses into a black hole, never to have actual development of it get anywhere substantial.

It's funny because your kind of thinking is worse than that.
I like the idea. Tell us what you need, though. I think I've got a chara/face set I made ages ago for a community game that never got used. What style? Facesets? Kind of greeting? Etc.
arcan
Oh yeah? Let's see what you made.

post=107520
I could so make a tileset for the town, if you want me to.

Thats something I would be interested as well. Maybe we can figure out how to do this as a group if people decide they want a custom chip set.
Personally I think we should stick with a pre-existing chipset as I'm sure YDS has one in mind. I am getting reminded of that old community GGZ game that had the same concept, community members as npcs, no real goal or anything, just an interactive piece.

As for graphical charaset style, I think no one is going to care about clashes unless people want this to be an actual game which it shouldn't be.

I await YDS on more clarification however.
I was actually thinking about an ALEX/BQ-ish community project, but WIP told me to finish Muse first...

But yeah, I'd participate.