RM2K(3) LOVERS, FIGHT!

Pages: first 1234 next last
TURBU - The Ultimate Rpg BUilder
http://turbu-rpg.com/

Copied from the website:
TURBU is an RPG-building engine currently under development. It is being written by Mason Wheeler, and will be able to create and edit RPGs with a wide variety of customizable options, including importing existing project from RPG Maker 2000 and 2003.

This project seems to show promise. Mason Wheeler has come through with a VERY rough map editor that has the ability to import RM2k(3) games.

Screenshots:
HERE
HERE

I come to you, RPGMAKER.NET, and ask you to show some support.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
So far it uh, can do what RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 can do! Hur oh wait. Hm...
I'll show support once there's something to actually support.

I've heard this song and dance many, many times.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i'm intrigued, but not interested until (as wip said) it can do more than rm2k3 can do.

what nightblade said, nevermind. our minds = linked.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Yeah, I've seen engines do that same song and dance before.
however can it import the hacks I use with my games :(
post=109727
Then you're no RM2k(3) lover. >:\/

post=109728
I'll show support once there's something to actually support.

I've heard this song and dance many, many times.
CoughRPGMinervacough.
That's hardly any reason to turn your back on another project of the same kind.
People like you who avoid this kind of disappointment will not get much satisfaction out of life.
It's a step forward, I'd say.

post=109733
I do not wish to misinform you on this, but I believe it's supposed to be more flexible than RM2k(3) to not need such breaches.
People like you who avoid this kind of disappointment will not get much satisfaction out of life.

Your logic is flawless.
post=109735
Your logic is flawless.

Comparable to your wit.
post=109737
post=109735
Your logic is flawless.
Comparable to your wit.

That's fantastic.

Oh, you can leave now.
Can you guys stop fighting over RPG MAKER? Jesus...

I've seen this before, it looks like it could turn out very good.
post=109734
post=109733
I do not wish to misinform you on this, but I believe it's supposed to be more flexible than RM2k(3) to not need such breaches.

RM2k3 is as flexible as I need it to be.

edit: I won't be impressed until I see results that are things I couldn't do on 2k3.
post=109738
post=109737
post=109735
Your logic is flawless.
Comparable to your wit.
That's fantastic.

Oh, you can leave now.
As much as I've enjoyed talking with you, you have contributed to this topic in a harshly unhelpful manner.

I insist that you leave lest you infect an innocent plea for support tainted... more tainted, at least.

post=109740
post=109734
post=109733
RM2k3 is as flexible as I need it to be.

edit: I won't be impressed until I see results that are things I couldn't do on 2k3.
Fair enough. Personally, I find the little things RM2k(3) can't do to be stifling. I mean along the lines of picture limits, font limits, and simply drawing numbers. If this overcomes such obstacles, I'd say it's certainly a plus.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=109734
post=109727

if it doesn't do anything more than rm2k/3 right now, why wouldn't i just use rm2k3?
also, as far as i know, wip uses ika, a far superior engine.

post=109742
post=109734
post=109727
if it doesn't do anything more than rm2k/3 right now, why wouldn't i just use rm2k3?
also, as far as i know, wip uses ika, a far superior engine.

Legality.
Also, 'right now' it can't do more than RM2k(3).... it's still in development.
Like a baby.

also ika differs much from RM2k(3) in a way that forces some to step out of their comfort zone.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Like others have said, this song and dance has been done before. There's no reason to thrust bodies unto his support until he actually has something to show for it. Being able to read in RM2k/3 maps means he just had the time to use the docs Minerva had on the format and create a simple tile engine.

So far there is nothing amazing shown about this.

BTW, you can use RM2k3 100% legally. Most do not choose that path.
As much as I've enjoyed talking with you, you have contributed to this topic in a harshly unhelpful manner.

I insist that you leave lest you infect an innocent plea for support tainted... more tainted, at least.

That's fantastic.

Oh, you can leave now.

I am curious about one thing. What would you like us to say? What do you want? "Hay guyz, here's an engine from somebody nobody has ever heard of, it's going to be gr8 here look loook here Its not going to be like allothers come on look"

"I'll reserve judgement until after it's release"

"lol urlifesux"

post=109747
BTW, you can use RM2k3 100% legally. Most do not choose that path.
That sounds fantastic. How is that done, exactly?

post=109748

That's fantastic.

Oh, you can leave now.

I am curious about one thing. What would you like us to say? What do you want? "Hay guyz, here's an engine from somebody nobody has ever heard of, it's going to be gr8 here look loook here Its not going to be like allothers come on look"

"I'll reserve judgement until after it's release"

"lol urlifesux"

I will not waste words defending myself when you have clearly changed what was said. ._.
WIP
You buy a copy?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
You purchase the Japanese version.

Also I want to stand on Pride Rock too. :<
Pages: first 1234 next last