RM2K(3) LOVERS, FIGHT!

post=109825
How can you not comprehend that somebody might need to see some encouragement to finish something like this? It's a pretty large operation, especially for one person, and the only hype I've seen it's creator (I am 99% sure that RPGVirtuoso is not Mason Wheeler, it's designer) show is a brief thread asking for interest at GW a long time ago.

Maybe the project's not worth doing if he can't get through it without anyone else's help or support? Honestly, with RM's history for these kinds of projects, he should know ahead of time that the burden is on him to get through it by himself with no feedback until he can prove he won't back down like every other project before him, which sounds reasonable since, as you stated, he seemingly wants to work on it to revel in the challenge. If he really, really needs encouragement, he should get it from friends and family who won't be so quick to judge, not from us who understand the history of such undertakings and are inclined to take them with a grain of salt.
post=109829
I realized very quickly he was not the creator, Kaempfer.

As for encouragement, where is my encouragement? I am currently working on ika, which has a very capable editor, engine, graphic capabilities, etc. But I am not getting anything from you. Why is that?

I nominate Ike for Ika champion. He fights for his friends, after all.

The judgemental attitude is by no means necessary.

At any rate, I am not the creator of TURBU, (Just to bring that 99% to 100%) and am put off by the negative feedback on an otherwise respectable project... Even moreso by the lack of knowledge regarding the project and current Rm2k(3) issues. I do realize I've put this project forth in an unsatisfactory way, but frankly, I simply quoted the creator.

I apologize for stepping into your personal space.

Also, thank you, Kaempfer. You're absolutely right.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Where is your showering praise for my respectable project?
post=109839
Not to give your ego a stroke or get too far off topic (where I do anyway), I believe you've singlehandedly given me and many other game designers another reason to live.
Personally, it's been a while since I've been in an active RPG Making community (country boy in the big city), so excuse me for being a little rough.
I'm not familiar here and your members are intimidating.
post=109829
I realized very quickly he was not the creator, Kaempfer.

As for encouragement, where is my encouragement? I am currently working on ika, which has a very capable editor, engine, graphic capabilities, etc. But I am not getting anything from you. Why is that?
Would it really hurt you to take a few minutes and post some encouraging thoughts on the ika forums, check out some games, and so forth? I don't think I've ever seen anything from you on the ika site.

I am pretty sure I specifically told you once that I was really interested in ika, but that might have just been in a dream I had. If not, I apologize, although really I will probably never use it (because I am pretty stupid so anything more complicated than a variable makes my head hurt) so find your praise elsewhere!

Also, I similarly don't go around telling people ika will never amount to anything, do I?

p.s. RMN rocks

edit:
post=AeroGP

Maybe I erred in saying he needed any encouragement, but it's alway nice, ain't it? Also that was a really long winded post about nothing, AeroGP, and I think some of you guys are beginning to argue for the sake of arguing.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
This kind of sentiment I really don't understand. Like I said earlier, it's not like he's asking for money or anything. How many of us can't spare a few seconds to check out the blog or post a bit of feedback? If you genuinely can't then that's entirely alright, but don't act like you are being asked to fall madly in love with this program only to have your dreams dashed. I can't... I can't be hurt again...

1. Show support for software.
2. See it die.
3. "Oh, so it died. Meh."

We've all gotten tired of that. If someone wants to make software then nobody's going to stop him, but if he wants support from the RM community which was repeatedly driven to disappointment in this regard he must show clearly and with conviction that TURBU is different from its cousins.

How can you not comprehend that somebody might need to see some encouragement to finish something like this? It's a pretty large operation, especially for one person, and the only hype I've seen it's creator (I am 99% sure that RPGVirtuoso is not Mason Wheeler, it's designer) show is a brief thread asking for interest at GW a long time ago.

The fault here largely lies with the way RPGVirtuoso (regardless of him being the creator or not) showcased TURBU and then continued to vehemently vouche for its solidity when just about every other RM-influnced program died at this stage (lots of screenshots, features, code, but far from being finished). I'm pretty sure we'll all gladly show support once something commendable is shown, but as it stands there's nothing for us to support.

Let me just restate this because I think some of you are under the wrong impression: This topic wasn't created by the creator of TURBU. It's not a hype topic!

I could advertise ika for WIP and, while I'm certainly not the creator, I can still hype ika to the point of death.

All in all, we've gotten tired of empty promises. We've seen so many similar software come and go without leaving any mark that we just don't care about any work-in-progress software anymore. If TURBU is completed and/or leaves a mark in RM history we will all gladly welcome and support it with open arms, but until such a time comes TURBU will unfortunately carry the stigma that haunts all RM-influenced game making programs.
Alright, let's all reiterate our positions verbatim a thousand times in a row!
Dude, wtf are you all talkin about? This right here is the shit, bro. I don't even need rrm2k3 anymoree dyudes :D
post=109839

right here
post=109837
The judgemental attitude is by no means necessary.

At any rate, I am not the creator of TURBU, (Just to bring that 99% to 100%) and am put off by the negative feedback on an otherwise respectable project... Even moreso by the lack of knowledge regarding the project and current Rm2k(3) issues. I do realize I've put this project forth in an unsatisfactory way, but frankly, I simply quoted the creator...

Well, the problem is that if one is going to use a different engine, they might as well use one that is much more capable/easier to use than 2k/3. This is the same song and dance that even I did. The reason I quit is because I decided to just write a fresh engine because while fun, it's sort of pointless to write an RPG2k/3 clone.

From what I look of WIPs profile, he's already been working on some end-user oriented software suite that looks useful for RPG making and it looks much more complete than most I've seen.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
A POEM:

also

guys

as a counter-point to what I say/agree with

there are some members of the community that live just to cumspurt on the screenshot topic. How is this any less of a broken dream?

-Craze
I personally think this new software shows promise. Should this ever be completed, I would download it and try it out.

Also, support is motivation. If a software programmer comes to a site and asks for support for his engine, and gets none, this leads to the software programmer believing that he is wasting time making this project, thusly leading to the software's death. It wouldn't hurt to show some support.
I support it.

The ability to import a project is probably the coolest feature and something all platform developers should consider, especially with something like RPGMaker which lends itself to epic projects. If you could just import an RM2k3 a game into VX, do you think the "2003 vs. VX" war would even exist?
Yes

"ARGH I DON'T WANT TO LEARN RUBY OR IMPORTING SCRIPTS RM2K3 FOR LIFE"

Never underestimate the stubbornness of people and resistance to change
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
the biggest reason i don't use vx isn't because i'm lazy (although i am VERY lazy), it's because rm2k3 has huge nostalgia value for me. i grew up with the old, simple, painfully difficult-to-work-with rpg makers, and rm2k3 takes me back every time i use it.
that, and i'm sorry, but vx is fairly hideous to look at, for me at least. i have seen it look decent a few times (like that new adela isra game) but for the most part, huge blocky square graphics don't do much for me. i really just love the look of rm2k3.

all that said, i do not hate vx by any stretch of the imagination. i play vx games from time to time, and i almost always enjoy them (especially crazegames), i'm just too much of a graphical snob personally to use it. especially considering my 'thing' is mapping.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
and 9 out of 10 vx games are made with the vx rtp. :/
and you can change that!

Edit: what I mean to say is, you don't have to use VX rtp, stop looking at what VX can do from the existing games, and start looking at what it can do for you
I am one of those people who prefer to use rm2k3 over rmvx/rmxp. I would say it's for nostalgia sake, but really, it's because it took me forever to make as much on my game as I have already, and without being able to import the rm2k3 game into a new engine, I won't be changing engines. For me, this shows promise because it would allow just that, someone like me who's tied to using this maker being able to have access to higher end scripting and all that other bullshit that the new makers boast having.