ETRIAN ODYSSEY 3 SOON

Pages: first 12 next last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177242

Atlus released the first details today behind Etrian Odyssey 3, latest in their series of portable dungeon RPGs and the first new game under that title in nearly two years. The game's due out March 4 in Japan at a price of 6279 yen; no US release has been announced yet. The core staff behind the other Etrian games -- director Shigeo Komori, character designer Yuji Himukai, and music composer Yuzo Koshiro -- is all contributing to the project.

Judging by the first look Atlus presented in this week's issue of Famitsu magazine, the watchword for Etrian 3 is "ocean." The game's set in Armolode, an ancient seaside city which suffered a massive earthquake that leveled downtown and replaced it with a vast labyrinth. People venture into this maze in search of fortune and valuable technology to savage, and now you're getting a chance to join them.

You can expect the usual Etrian-style RPG gameplay here, of course, with one screen showing a 3D view of the Wizardry-style dungeon and the other showing an overhead map that you create and annotate yourself with the touch pen.

Details on what's new are still a little scant, but you'll apparently be able to explore Armolode and the surrounding waters by ship in addition to delving into its dungeons. Character designer Himukai is redrawing all of the character class portraits for this game, and several new classes -- including prince/princess, phalanx, monk, pirate, and shinobi -- are reportedly in the works.

Official site (Japanese): http://sq3.atlusnet.jp/

I am fucking pumped. Etrian Odyssey 2 is one of my favorite games, my ability to go through it with any speed notwithstanding.
Well at least you didn't put everything in url form.
I've always been meaning to pick one of these games up, but never do. If I ever by chance come across it should I just skip the original and go straight for the sequel?
I think most EO fans will tell you that EO2 is better than EO in every way. I am in the same boat as you Orig but I have tried both games.
Craze
EO2 is better than EO in every way... except for a sudden LACK OF VANESSA.

...fo' realz:
-You can use the L/R buttons in menus in EO2.
-You can equip/unequip/SEE WHAT YOU HAVE EQUIPPED in the shop in EO2.
-You can appropriately mark poison floors/sliding floors in EO2.
-You can use 'checkpoints' in each stratum so that you don't have to walk down five floors just to attempt a boss in EO2.
-EO2 is balanced better.
-EO2 has Gunners and a Siberian Tiger/Panda.

Why EO is better:
-Vanessa the Barkeep.
-Ren and Tlehhachhchgahghgahthaththahthathahgga.
-How hilarious it is when, after twenty+ hours, there is suddenly a chaotic and dark story. (EO2 has more story and foreshadowing throughout.)

EDIT: New screens and art:

This game has pirates and ninjas. What more could you want? Also, from what I've gathered, Pirates focus on attacking multiple/all targets, Princes/Princesses are like Troubador2, Monks are healing Ronin2s (probably with a more balanced STR:END ratio), Phalanxes are... Protector2s I guess, and Shinobi are Survivalists2 with stealth.

All I know is that now I can finally create a Demon Tower-based adventuring group!
(Kristoph the Protector, Darren the Landschkehkekt, Goldurn the Phalanx, Felix the Monk, Never-age the Shinobi, Ha'naan the Dark Hunter, Stefan the Pirate, Princess the Alchemist, Eon Feather the Hexer, Collin the Gunner, Illinois the Alchemist, Martin IV the Medic, Apnis the Medic, and Titania the War Magus (she SHOULD be a Troubador, but War Magi can heal).) All that's missing are Troubadors, Princesses, Ronins and Beasts... named Zetha, ZERO (wut), DESTATI and EQUIS.

EDIT2:

Yuzo Koshiro makes some of the best music, but I have never played any EO games. The soundtrack for the games rock. =)
Hooray! I love the series! Even tho EO 2 took two and a half year of my life.
Craze
post=113240
Yuzo Koshiro makes some of the best music, but I have never played any EO games. The soundtrack for the games rock. =)

Get EO2 and see if you like it.
http://sq3-blog.atlusnet.jp/blog/

What I managed to figure out (mostly the useless stuff):

Year 2009, Month 12, Day 14 (Monday)
(Komori D) 1st: Developers' Blog has started!

Everyone, it is nice to meet you. I am "Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3 Seikai no Raihousha"'s director, Komori. It's been a long time since giving a Creator's Works to read! (I probably got this wrong?)

Now, let's please all get along well with this blog (or something like that).

Well, last week, on the 10th (Thursday), "Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3: Seikai no Raihousha" was finally announced. However, I started to think about planning Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2's MASTER UP before the end of the year 2007.

"What would I do if Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3 were to not be produced!?" and "Wouldn't that be interesting?" were my first thoughts. Various ideas were considered. Then, about 2 years later, development for this Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3 resumed.

The development guidelines have been about "betraying expectations to meet the users' expectations." (unsure)

We have planned to continue using the same system for the game. For steadiness, every user can stop imagining the range of the game. (range of genre?)

The rest of the post started to confuse me so I gave up. I also don't know what "MASTER UP" means. The "D" in "Komori D" isn't part of his name. It might be standing for director?

Screenshot of the menu with a ship captain in the background:
Go on a voyage
Discovery quest
Commerce
Illustrated records of voyage (?)
Converse
Go outside

Screenshot of the menu with the town in the background:
Armand's Inn
Flapping Butterfly Cottage
Adventurers' Guild
Invar's Harbor
Rhodes/Road/Lord/Load Senate
Sea of Trees' Entrance

Text at the top:
Go to the sea of tree's entrance.

Names of the characters in the screenshots:
Abrams
Fei Hong
Rindou (bellflower)
Ramuroddo (Ram Rod?)
Capella

Part of Capella's (an astrologist's?) skill list:
Binary star of ice technique
Thunder star technique
Binary star of thunder technique
Meteor
Ether compression
Dark ether

Ether compression's description: By concentrating the mind, this skill raises flame, ice, and thunder attribute attack damage.

It seems a bit odd, but I'm not sure what else to call "binary star".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_star

The princess in the screenshot's status menu:
Alcyone (Name)
Princess

Short sword
Feather armor
Round shield
Hair band

Another status menu of a princess:
Mulberry (name)
(Same job name and equipments)

New classes' descriptions:
Princess:
They are descendants of royalty. With the power of noble blood flowing withing them, they possess the ability to raise their party's morale.

Phalanx:
Metallic armor covering their whole body is their characteristic. With their overwhelming defensive power and by utilizing their wielded spear, offensive and defensive tactics are their specialty.

Monk:
By making use of the power of their "spirit", they possess the ability to heal injured adventurers. They also excel in the art of unarmed hand-to-hand combat.

Pirate:
They are the descendants of the pirates living on the seas. While skilled in the handling of guns and swords, they are also good at cooperating with comrades for tactics to defeat adversaries.

Ninja:
They are users of arts handed down since ancient times called "ninja arts". They have mastered numerous techniques that aid in the exploration of the labyrinth.

Bar screenshot:
Accept quest
Report quest
Gather information
Talk
Go out

Quests? screenshot:
?
The star watchers
The princess' ?
(? = too small for me to read)

Leviathan screenshot:
Leviathan appeared!

Su_tomo, Nicola, Flint
Kikion(?), _namo

_ = can't figure out which character it is
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You rule, man.
This game is mad loved. I never understood why. When I worked for RPGamer, everyone went nuts over it.

I've tried both versions. It can be fun. Definitely a great game that you can just pick up whenever.
I've never played these games so I've always wondered what the hype was about. I've been meaning to try EO2, but I just never got around to it. Maybe I'll just wait for EO3 now.
Some more attempts at deciphering the blog:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 15 (Tuesday)
(Komori D) 2nd: Business image!?

Good morning, everyone! This is Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's director Komori.

(stuff)

Pri-Pri (Princess and Prince)
"Constant strengthening"
"Very useful!"
"Support"
"Ro_yaru_ru is very useful!" (Maybe roiyaru hiru, or Royal heal)
"Standing position bimyoo" (bimyo = ?)
"Almighty"
"Star eyes!"
"Convenient ki_gu__chi!"
(I'm guessing a black dot is for censoring characters?)

Phalanx
"Solid"
"Not used..."
"A party of 2 people is also good"
"The party's shield"
"Not using the picture of a man"
"Solid"
"Adorable girl"

Shinobi
"Protection is decoration"
"Fast, fast"
"__ is convenient!!"
"Yearn for mind _"
"Paper"
"_hai is dangerous!"
"Nii_i is liked" (Edit 12/18/2009: This is probably "niihai", or knee-high (socks?).)
"Niiha_"

Monk
"Role of recovery"
"Nothing but the role of recovery"
"Why was no recovery used?"
"Offense and defense freely at will"
"Knock at the mace"
"Old man"

Pirate
"Not understood properly"
"Forehead"
"Erotic"
"Bimyo"
"Trouble" (trouble as in bother?)
"Trouble"
"Late bloomer?"

(stuff)
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 16 (Wednesday)
(Komori D) 3rd: Are all characters in bathing suits!?

Good morning, everyone! This is Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's director Komori.

(Something about gradually blogging too much and thinking about stopping?) ...h, how can that be! ("Just kidding!"?) UP this blog more (something).

For the first time, Sekaiju no Meikyuu's staff is developing uniforms for everyone. (I guessed this sentence so it's likely totally wrong. Edit: Actually, if they're developing "costumes" instead of uniforms, it makes some sense.)

Komori says, "Eh~, the next Sekaiju no Meikyuu's setting is the sea! It gives me the images of colorful southern countries!"

"Eh!? Are you sure about such an impression? Then, please do make such an impression!"

(A paragraph and a drawing)

Sekaiju no Meikyuu has bathing suits as equipment items available, so be sure to try to change every character's status screen picture! (I probably got the second part of the sentence slightly wrong)

(the rest)

2nd drawing: An elf!

Unfortunately, neither the "beach shorts" nor the "elf" will appear in Sekaiju no Meikyuu (laughs). However, the NPCs with occupations will make an appearance, so, everyone, please look forward to it.

...excluding the 2 points above, for Sekaiju no Meikyuu, there are Himukai's scribbles and manga and many other designers' various idea-illustrations.
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 17 (Thursday)
(Komori D) 4th: Urgently recruiting!

Good morning, everyone! This is Sekaiju no Meikyuu's director Komori.

Today, contact everyone!

{Perhaps a message to the readers to send in votes to decide on which job to reveal more information on}

(the rest)

Komori recommends commonness... but the princess/prince and the phalanx are maybe becoming too common. (unsure)

Edit 12/18/2009:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 18 (Friday)
(Komori D) 5th: (Something about character hope and 371 emails on the first day?)

Good morning, everyone! This is Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's director, Komori.

On the previous day, the valid dates are from the 17th until the 24th for applications concerning occupations! (unsure)

(Quote from Atlus' public relations/publicity here?)

(more stuff)

(something about too many applications to look at?)

...what might be the problem?
Reading mail one by one...

"Fa_neru! Fan_ru certainly!", "Hope for a picture of Fanne_!", "Gan'_mu girl...", "burdened _anneru", "Finfu_nneru!", "Hope for fan'_ru child"

(These might be emails Atlus received? If all the instances of the word being partly censored are combined, it results in "fanneru" (except it's "finfanneru" once). Fanneru = funnel?

Edit 12/24/2009:
After a bit of searching, it seems "funnel" is referring to a Gundam named "RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type". "Gan_mu" is probably Gundam. "Fin Funnel" is probably how some readers jokingly referred to the girl with purple clothing and wing-like things. )

Certainly, this is a strange thing. It seems like an email intended for a robot anime was mistakenly received by Atlus. It is the middle of the busy holidays of the New Year. I suppose such a mistake can certainly happen. Regroup the/your mind/spirit and we'll go on reading the mail...

"Elf lookalike hope!", "Bathing suit hope!", "Knee-high hope! (knee-high socks?)", "Please do your best, debug team!", "Lumberjack!", "Old man and old man! (actually two different terms, but they both mean that?)", "Teach system from pictures! (unsure)", "Reveal every eyeglasses!", "Show only women", "Show nothing but women!", "Show everything!", "If there's a sheep and a boy...!?", "Lumberjack", "Old man and old man"

(These are apparently the emails they received about what information to reveal next.)

It seems like not just publicity (?), every user can not communicate in Japanese (the rest of this kinda-guessed-sentence here) (tears).

Ah, I'm sorry about just one thing. The day before,"the sheep and the boy" that I wrote about can of course be "the sheep and the girl" (laughs).

(stuff)

...however, I've seen all the mail and everyone certainly seems to really like knee-high (socks?).
Craze
Thanks, Silently. =D

Also: bathing suits. <3
The website has been updated.

Story:
Step in the mysterious ruins at the bottom of the ocean.

Beyond the other side of the sea lies Armolode (Aamoloodo), a continent far to the south. There, legends of mysterious ruins at the bottom of the ocean plausibly exist. A great nation that prospered with ancient technology suddenly sank into the ocean 100 years ago. Many adventurers whose hearts have been shook by this legend went to visit the sea capital one by one to go challenge the labyrinth at the bottom of the ocean. However, until now, no one who has stepped on the deep bottom of the sea has appeared.

Now, go discover the mysterious ruin in the labyrinth to obtain wealth and fortune. Ride a ship to Armolode and advance.

Characters:
Princess (Prince):
They are the descendants of large and small nations. Their orders, thanks to their royal blood, are able to give an advantage in battle by raising the morale of their whole party.

Shinobi:
This is a job that helps in the exploration of the labyrinth with skills named "ninja arts". This expert class can do the work of many people by themselves.

Pirate:
They are the descendants of the pirates living on the seas. Having mastered guns and swords, their role is to excel at working together in great numbers to defeat the enemies instead of going 1 on 1.

Phalanx:
With metallic armor covering their whole body, they are proud of their overwhelming defensive power. Also adept at attacking with a spear, this is a job that excels at offense and defense.

Monk:
Using a power called "Chi", this is a job that possesses the power to influence the body. Not only can they heal wounds, they also excel at unarmed combat.

System > Mapping:
Draw the map with your own hands. The labyrinth challenges you.

Mapping with the stylus (touch pen) will become a habit.

The Etrian (Sekaiju) series' peculiarity is the mapping system with a stylus. The 3D dungeon exploration is displayed on the Nintendo DS's top screen so that one can draw the paths on the bottom screen. Steadily make a map by placing walls, doors, paths, and the like and travel in the dungeon by relying on that map. The feeling of achievement when completing the map of a complex labyrinth with one's own hands is irreplaceable.

Blog post with long sentences that confuse me:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 21 (Tuesday)
(Yokomichi) First: The sea capital Armolodo is completed.

Good day, everyone. This is the chief designer, Yokomichi. I am who did the first, the second, and the third Sekaiju no Meikyuu's design supervision, art design, and background work (unsure about "background work").

For the 3rd Sekaiju too, I have always been pleasantly in charge of the work (unsure of sentence). With the first district of Armorodo's visual design as an example, I introduce you to the picture of a background.

For keywords, it is a medieval town on an island in the southern seas.

There is a big tree.

Accurate settings permitted the creation of these visuals in the consultation process (unsure). (I don't understand the next sentence, but it mentions matching the finished picture.) After considering the topography of the island, (something about streets/city developing, appearances, building arrangements, southern countries, revealing sun light, and a color rough.)

Based on the color rough, an art creation company (literal meaning) completes the line art and the colored picture.

(something). It is completed.

This city has used several pictures of reference, with one of which is Dubrovnik in Croatia. (stuff)

(stuff about blogging)

I am looking forward to the next time!

(Something about viewing the blog on a PC to see the pictures if the viewers are using a mobile)

Text on the pictures:
Color rough
Line art
Colored(?)
Completed!

Edit 12/22/2009:
Lazy lazy lazy translation of another blog post:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 22 (Tuesday)
(Kakiuchi) First: About the Battle Tempo

(?) everyone, it is nice to meet you. I am Kakiuchi, the one in charge of Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's battle design. I was also in charge of a little bit before P3's and P4's battle design (Persona). I had the privelege of being in charge of the effects and boss battles. I've also been asked to help just a bit with the effects in the early stages of Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2.

By the way, the first time I have worked on a 3D dungeon game is D_gon Ball Daimaou Fukkatsu (D_gon Ball, The Great Demon King Revived). (Something about a 3D dungeon not having random encounters?) (Stuff about mapping, 3d dungeon games, and other things; maybe still talking about D_gon Ball?) I wanted to talk a bit about Sekaiju 3's battles. (Something about an OK and telling information?)

(Stuff about wanting to speed battles up by allowing options to be set)

By the way, I play on the 4th stage, the fastest "NO WAIT".

(Some message telling viewers on mobiles to view the site through a PC to see images)

Second half of the jobs/characters:
Warrior:
With their honed body and their usage of the likes of large swords and blunt weapons, they are battle experts. By disliking defense, their style specializes in offense.

Zodiac:
They are astrologists. By collecting the element "ether" that exists in the skies from the power of the stars, they use it as a catalyst to invoke their "star techniques".

Farmer:
They are farmers whose goal is to quickly get rich from the hidden treasures in the sea of trees. They possess an abundance of skills helpful in the exploration of the labyrinth but are weak in battles!?

Ballista:
Bearing the nickname of "archer" (or Sagittarius?), they are the experts of projectiles. Having mastered bows and cannons that are the size of their body, this is an offense-type job.

Beast king:
The beast king holds authority over every beast and their purposes. (unsure) They possess the power make demons participate in battles as allies.

Other stuff:
http://i48.tinypic.com/sw7nsy.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2dqlg1x.jpg

Text box:
(As for the view in front of you? It literally says something like "For man's gaze ahead"),
you had never seen a demon so powerful until now.

Yellow text in the magazine:
What are the requirements for the appearance of the yellow silhouette of an FOE!?

http://i46.tinypic.com/72sxhj.jpg

"I am Murotsumi and my guild of star reading is called Kanae. (unsure about the part about the guild). Actually, there is something I am worried about... (unsure)."

http://i48.tinypic.com/2duwbo4.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/rjiqg9.jpg

Text in the corner of the first picture:
(...)(some blurry text in quotes) to summon

Text under the red monster:
Angry violent thing

Text under the green monster:
Greedy poisonous lizard

Edit 12/24/2009

Another one of my bad translations of a blog post:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 24 (Thursday)
(YOSHI) First: About the Hand-Drawn Maps

Everyone, it is nice to meet you.

I am Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's chief programmer, Komori Yoshihiro. Because having the same surname as the director Komori is confusing, call me "Yoshi", "Yoshi-san", "Yoshi-kun", or the likes. I was assigned to Sekaiji no Meikyuu 2's development tool's support and, shortly ago, Devil Survivor's programming.

Now, the main parts I am in charge of are the dungeons, the events, the sea nagivation, the dungeons' maps, and the sea maps. (Something about overseas and English and something about writing lines of English lyrics?) (Something about Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2 and Devil Survivor's creation?)

(Stuff about the Sekaiju no Meiyuu series, high speed, graphics' and sounds' data of memory increase, 12x12 font size's addition too, (stuff))

(Something about more opportunities with hand-drawn maps?) (Something about the previous games' very basic-like functions) The elements are the five functions of "wall drawing", "wall deleting", "floor painting", "floor deleting", and "placing icons". First, the "wall drawing" feature is basically based on the previous games, (stuff about collision detection and about approximately 2 dots) .

The "wall deleting" feature is the one to most fuss over about. Because I think it is sometimes difficult to erase the walls that are drawn, I made various revisions.

As a test case, every vertical line covers the screen.

There, to erase by applying the eraser from the left side to the right side of the screen,

(More stuff explaining the images)

(A big bunch of text)

(The usual message to viewers on mobiles to view the site on a PC to see the images)

Edit 12/25/2009:

Year 2009, Month 12, Day 25 (Friday)
(Komori D) Sixth: Christmas Present

Everyone, good morning! I am Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3's director, Komori.

Today is Christmas, isn't it? For people reading this blog on such a day, I have prepared music as a present.

Speaking of Sekaiju's music, (stuff about Mr. Kodai; perhaps thanking him?)

Among those, I want to send everyone the tune they would hear the most during the game.

(link to sounds)

...Ah, yes, in addition to this, I have also UPped wallpapers today. (UP = upload?)

(link to wallpapers)

(something about the Zodiac being in 3rd place with 72 votes)

If you don't mind, please use it.
Craze
You are awesome, Silently. I wonder if they're replacing all of the classes or just adding many, many more?
I remember seeing it mentioned in a few places that the old classes will be gone (Wikipedia, gaming news sites, message boards?). There's a drawing of a protector, medic, landsnecht(?), and 3 more characters on the blog, but it's probably just a joke (they're all in bathing suits and there's also another drawing of an elf).

The official website only has 10 icons in the characters' section (5 clickable and 5 slightly faded out). It might mean the game will only have those 10 characters.
Go Team Ramuroddo!! (Ram Rod?)

Urm... I really wanted to like Etrian Odyssey when I bought it. But I'm just not much into the classic, nostalgic RPGs, maybe because I wasn't around to enjoy the originals that inspired these back-to-basics RPGs. I think what did it for me is that, while I don't mind spending an hour or so grinding for levels, I like to do it in a relatively 'safe place' in-game where I can just keep hitting the Confirm button while watching an episode of MST3k. I've had the same problem with the Dragon Quest games I've played, although I did finish the DQ4 remake on the DS.

Anyways, maybe I'll consider buying EO3 if it does let me 'auto-pilot' fairly easily. Or maybe I'll buy it if and when I determine to toughen up and stop playing sissy little Square-Enix RPGs.
^ Same here Mr Y. I heard good things about the EO games but really found it a real bore. Different tastes I guess (right back at ya Craze).

edit: Is that Arboc in one of the pics? o_O

http://www.famitsu.com/image/5436/s311_wT76NjBhkPjiQ7zGPZ3zZr7P7889mbk4.jpg
Concentrated mostly on the parts about the characters:
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 28 (Monday)
(Yokomichi) Second: Concerning the Party's Composition

Everyone, good morning. There are only a few days remain until the New Year, aren't there? I am Yokomichi.

(Something about seeming helpful and party composition)
(Something about Komori and the person in charge)
(Something about the last fighting scene),
(Something about the final stages of the ROM)

Prince, Princess
Charisma. Everyone in the party is happy that the fighting prince and princess are happy (unsure). I place them in the front guard or I place them in the rear guard.

Warrior
Strong arms! They are very strong. Front guard! I think they are heartily eating the meat attached to the bones (unsure because this seems weird).

Phalanx
Iron wall. Boss battles felt like divinely (pierce?; It mentions boss battles and gods). They go mainly in the front guard, but sometimes in the rear guard.

Pirates
Able to easily handle either the front guard or the rear guard, I usually place them on the left side of the front guard. It is quite an unrequited love, but I love them. I am raising them by believing they will surely soon bloom (unsure of the "raising by believing" part).

Shinobi:
They are filled by romance! (roman = romance?) I place them in the front guard or I place them in the rear guard.

Monk:
I consider them the prodigy type by an existence able to be reliable. My monk is participating actively with recovering and attacking from the front guard.

Ballista
An obedient good girl (or child). Their strategies are recommended to men and women of all ages for their easiness (or inexpensiveness?). They are placed mainly in the rear guard and sometimes in the front guard.

Beast King
Their other name is F.O.E Master. This job's configuration (gives the impression of a young child?). That has very worried Komori and Hinata(?), (something about being emotional by seeing illustrations?). I have them put in the rear guard. The feeling of handling beasts is enjoyable.

Zodiac
Thinking about the origin of the techniques named the star techniques is fun. I am placing them in the rear guard. Mr. Hinata(?) used indian astrology as design image references, many explanations were given, I wonder if arabian astrology? (I don't know how this sentence is supposed to be...)

Farmer
If battles are hard, proceed to discussion(?) and remove the farmer (unsure). However, I like not being able to imagine a life without farmers (or "I can not imagine to like a life without farmers?"). They are the dungeon's exploration's reliable companion and they can be sufficiently helpful in battles!

(Something about "I also await anxiously", jobs' detailed introductions, middle of next year's January, and other stuff)

(Something about calculating the combinations of parties and results in 3002?)

Finally, I introduce the sea capital Armolode's adventurers' guild's rough color.

(Image with vegetation)

This is the scenery of the current adventurers' guild, giving the feeling of openness by an image of an establishment of a courtyard (unsure of sentence structure). (Something about many adventurers gathering, being put on the bench, and awaiting orders?)

(La la la, describing Armolode)

Well then, here is my information of the end of the year (unsure). (Something like "Please have a happy New Year.")

(The usual message to mobile viewers to view the blog from a PC to see the images)

A clearer image of the magazine pages about the second half of the characters and some FOE (field of enemy):
http://i49.tinypic.com/mrr7ds.jpg

Website update:

System> Sea of Trees:
The sea of trees: It awaits adventurers; it is the test of the sea of trees.

System> Sea of Trees> Powerful Opponents Preventing your Progress:
Powerful opponents will prevent your progress.

It is essential to be particularly careful around dangerous F.O.E.

In the dungeon, there are many powerful enemies who are waiting for you all. Among them, the particularly dangerous ones are monsters called "F.O.E". Their destructive powers, able to completely destroy adventures in an instant, draw the line between other monsters. If you decide to challenge these formidable opponents with just your power, it would seem to be good to face them in battle from the front (unsure). However, if you calmly judge yours and your allies' abilites and if there is a even a small quantity of anxiety, one wise decision would be to avoid that encounter.

Characters:
Warrior
This is a job specialized in defeating the enemies with their well trained bodies. Disliking protection, they fight by using huge swords and blunt weapons.

Zodiac
By collecting the element of "Ether" that exists in the sky from the stars to use as a catalyst, they are astrologists that fight by invoking the star techniques.

Ballista
They are projectile experts possessing the nickname of archer. By defeating enemies by carrying huge bows and guns, this is a job that specializes in the offensive. (Yes, literally, it says they defeat enemies by just carrying bows and guns... "By defeating enemies with their huge bows"?)

Beast King
They are the king of the beasts, communicating with every beasts and intentions. By freely manipulating at will beasts, from the birds flying in the sky to the moles of the underground, and even the king of the beasts, they possess the ability to make them participate in battle.

Farmer
They are farmers that particularly look into the sea of trees to dream of quickly gaining a fortune. While they possess abilities that are extremely helpful for the exploration of the sea of trees, their battle capabilities are weak on the surface.

Edit 12/31/2009
This one was short and simple enough that I could do the whole thing.
Year 2009, Month 12, Day 31 (Thursday)
(Komori D) Seventh: It is New Year's Eve.

Everyone, good morning! I am Sekaiju no Meikyuu's director, Komori.

Today is New Year's Eve and we are finally at the end of the year 2009. Everyone is busy with the preparations for New Year's Eve, but I wonder why some still come to read such a rundown blog...

For those who dared to come, this is this year's last update. I have UPped {uploaded?} a tune of Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3.

This tune is Komori's favorite and it is used somewhere in the dungeon.

{Play button}

Well then, while you listen to this tune, this is this year's farewell. Everyone, have a Happy New Year...

※>To everyone trying from a mobile, please use a PC to hear the sound.

Posting time 12:00 / Director Komori / Separate page

Edit 01/01/2009
Sentences that are 3 lines long confuse me...
Year 2010, Month 1, Day 1 (Friday)
(Yokomichi) Third: Happy New Year

Everyone, good morning. I am Yokomitsu. It's the blog's beginning of the year, so I wonder if it's alright for me to write?

Anyway, please kindly treat me well this year too. I hope this year will become a good year for everyone!

Sometime in March {?}, "Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3 Seikei no Raihousha" will finally be on sale! I think it is enjoyable for Sekaiju no Meikyuu to slowly advance at its own pace {unsure}, {something about certainly, this year, easily, Sekaiju 3, play, want to receive?}.

My first task of the year is the first special soundtrack booklet design. Because it will become a wonderful resource this time too {unsure}, look forward to it!

Well then, I'll abruptly interrupt this blog {unsure}. Now, I would like to write about Sekaiju's design {unsure}.

Then, from here on {unsure}, it'll be about the production of the first Sekaiju's design.

For the first Sekaiju's production, the designers at the time it started were, in addition to myself, one person for the interface and one person for the effects {unsure}. Three people with abundant experiences were gathered for each part.

The creation of a new title's visual images was very enjoyable. "Sekaiju" was understood just by looking at the screen. Finally, the conclusion was reached {unsure}.

Primarily, we discussed about the parts we were in charged of's designs to see our ideas brought together and also for new ideas to surface through 3 people noisily talking together about designs {unsure of the wording, but the meaning is mostly there}.

The first Sekaiju

{Image of the first's B2F}

Sekaiju 2

{image of the second's 10F}

This is Sekaiju 3.

{image of the 3rd's B1F}

{Something about the style of the interface and vivid scenery being the color of the sea to reflect its setting}

The game's feel is the same and yet, {something about changing colors to maintain the feeling of freshness}.

Eventually, the first Sekaiju's design was completed with the addition of one person helping with the interface, one person for the production of Dot art, and one person helping with the Dot art.

Because there was only me as design staff in the beginning because everyone left, new staff was designated. {unsure}.

The first three people, even now, sometimes gather together for tea on holidays. Because of Sekaiju 3 being finally announced, I think listening to the various opinions from the 2 people is useful. It is also because I want gather together to chat. Oh, I'll stop talking about my personal matters {unsure}.

{Something about writing more about reminiscence next time?}

Well then, here is the introduction of a tune and wallpapers as a conclusion.

{Tune and wallpapers}

Please enjoy next time's information too!

{Usual message to people viewing from their mobile to use a PC for the sounds and images}

Posting time 12:00 / Designer: Yokomichi/ Separate page

{Second image's text:
Medic used Area Heal!

Swordsman, Dark Hunter
Medic, Gunner, Alchemist {Yes, the characters seemed to be named after their jobs}}
Pages: first 12 next last