DS GAMES FOR CHRISTMAS

Pages: first prev 123 last
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
hmm, good food for thought. I saw the trailer and thought it looked amazing, but gameplay is important. She IS a fan of puzzle quest though... She doesn't have a huge amount of time for VGames though, so maybe if I'm looking for that last stocking stuffer.
DE, please fix your site =( That would be a christmas gift to us all!
DE
*click to edit*
My site? I didn't know it was broken :D
However...

You can find all of my rips (and many more from fellow Polish RMers) on:
http://tsukuru.pl/index.php?link=zasoby

And most of my original graphics on:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/925.htm?pg=1&sec=icons
Well, there are a lot of good DS games, I would recommend Mario & Luigi: Bowser's blahblah... ( mouthfoul title? check. ) Black Sigil is also a nice RPG, but veeeeeeeery slow. And it has a buggy mode 7 world map.
As for a non RPG, you should try Puyo POP Fever, it's puzzingly addictive! And it should be available for a low price by now. But be warned, it has some of the worst voice acting the world ever heard, and everything is voiced...
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I don't think any voice acting could be worse than the intro play in Valkyrie profile.

EDIT:
see here.

Don't even bother with Partners in Time until you're tired of both Bowser's Inside Story and Superstar Saga

Ironically, these are the only two "Mario and Luigi" games I've played, and I can vouch for both that your money would be well spent.
Partners in Time wasn't that bad, but it was definately the weakest of the three.
And for the DS, I say:
The World Ends With You is awesome.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was fun (multiplayer could've been better though)
Nostalgia
Castlevania (Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Eclescia are good. Never played Portrait of Ruin.)
Tales of Innocence (if you don't mind importing and reading off of a translation guide)
post=114832
Tales of Innocence (if you don't mind importing and reading off of a translation guide)

Actually, i think a patch is being planned for a release for January, so it would be money well spent if you don't mind waiting. And messing around with your DS a bit.
And you should try Scribblenauts, even tho the young lady above me told you not to.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
post=114828
I don't think any voice acting could be worse than the intro play in Valkyrie profile.

There is much, much, much worse voice acting in great supply, particularly throughout the PS1 age. Actually, VP has very good VA considering the era it is from. The main characters like Lenneth, Freya, Arngrim, Lawfer, Brahms, and Odin are all good. Yeah, there are some bad ones like Loki, Frei, and Platina but w/e they barely appear anyway
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
post=114938
post=114828
There is much, much, much worse voice acting in great supply, particularly throughout the PS1 age. Actually, VP has very good VA considering the era it is from. The main characters like Lenneth, Freya, Arngrim, Lawfer, Brahms, and Odin are all good. Yeah, there are some bad ones like Loki, Frei, and Platina but w/e they barely appear anyway

Wasn't there a thread somewhere on the site that had a link to some of the worst voice acting ever?
yeah in the videos section, there were some classics in there. i dont think valkyrie profile made it.
The only bad voice in the game was Jelanda, but she doesn't say much, anyway. And Lenneths VA was great, I could never get enough of "Come forth, my noble Einherjar!" :3
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Come to me, Dark Warriors! Battle awaits us!

It shall be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault! Nibelung Vilesti! You have no hope for Survival!
Oh yeah, Kaempfer, what about Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume? It's a very nice tactic RPG, but it also feels a little forced.
post=114228

YES.

And boobledeeboo's recommendations are also very much correct.
Pages: first prev 123 last