MY GIRLFRIEND IS HAVING AN EMOTIONAL AFFAIR

Pages: first 123456 next last
So my girlfriend is talking to this other guy a lot. She texts and emails him all the time. She is a massage therapist, and he comes in for massages all the time. He has also invited her out to Yoga practice in the morning and has sent her pictures of himself (while playing guitar of course). The Yoga and guitar are a smooth move with which I cannot compete (I play an electronic keyboard and I write video game music).

So basically my girlfriend is having an emotional affair with this douchebag.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Is there any conflict resolution, or should I move on? I feel like there will never be trust between us again.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Haven't we had this thread before...?

Kidding aside, you should definitely ask her about it, not us. We can't do much to help you other than offer advice based on the above four sentences.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
He is definitely moving in.
post=114104
Haven't we had this thread before...?

Kidding aside, you should definitely ask her about it, not us. We can't do much to help you other than offer advice based on the above four sentences.

Oh I way asked her about it. And she insists that its innocuous. I don't know why people caught cheating insist that they aren't. They are cheating for a reason. Shouldn't they give up??
LouisCyphre
Are you certain she's cheating, or are you intimidated at the thought of this guy* getting along with your girl?

*who you may or may not be painting in your head as the stereotypical leather jacket harley davidson bad boy that every nerd with a woman relentlessly fears
It's not the thought man - it's the reality. I have seen the emails. And I have seen the appointments that she doesn't tell me about. She otherwise tells me about her day in exacting detail, unless this dude shows up. And she was listening to music the other day and wouldn't tell me who she was listening to and then it was that guy. So they are totally getting along and she is totally into him. I'm not being paranoid.
LouisCyphre
Okay, and... you haven't talked her about it? Are you waiting for it to get worse?
Dude I said in the OP that I did talk to her about it. Now I am fuming on the internet while she sleeps peacefully and without worries because she does not have feelings.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
chaos is about as quick as a cement wall. Be gentle with him.
LouisCyphre
post=114102
So my girlfriend is talking to this other guy a lot. She texts and emails him all the time. She is a massage therapist, and he comes in for massages all the time. He has also invited her out to Yoga practice in the morning and has sent her pictures of himself (while playing guitar of course). The Yoga and guitar are a smooth move with which I cannot compete (I play an electronic keyboard and I write video game music).

So basically my girlfriend is having an emotional affair with this douchebag.

Have any of you been in a similar situation? Is there any conflict resolution, or should I move on? I feel like there will never be trust between us again.
Nothing about talking to her, WIP.

Moving on, did you confront her? Or just kind of bring him up, knowing full well she would deny any sort of tryst?
Oh I meant to put that in but I was fuming . . .

Oh I totally confronted her. Slammed doors and everything. And she denied everything.

EDIT: I have proof because I reached a breaking point and read her text messages. :(
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Why do people come to internet nerds for relationship advice?

post=114102
I feel like there will never be trust between us again.

This right here tells me you have already made your decision. I am not sure what you want us to say but relationships are built on trust, and if you can't trust her, then there's nothing any of us can really do to help you.

Sorry =/
LouisCyphre
I'd say something about fish in the sea, but it should be obvious. At this point I'd walk away from the whole thing and do my damnedest not to hold any grudges while I do.
post=114118

Well I went to the bar first but the ATM was broken and they wouldn't accept a tab <3
If you're absolutely certain of all this, you definitely have to make your move, either way. It sounds like you've already decided how you feel about the situation, so the best thing I can tell you to do is to be honest with yourself and go by what you know and your gut.
WIP
post=114118

I dunno maybe because a good number of them ARE MARRIED AND HAVE CHILDREN?
Don't feel bad dude that he might be better than you there is always going to be somebody better. If you still deeply care about her show her how much she means to you and find that spark again that you obviously had when you first started dating her.
post=114124
Don't feel bad dude that he might be better than you

Hahah you are so supportive!

Also I won't fight for someone that isn't interested in me.
post=114124
Don't feel bad dude that he might be better than you

thats pretty fucked up homie
WIP
That is the worst fucking advice ever.
Pages: first 123456 next last