WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

I'm not going to read every little thing someone blogs, especially when they are trivial one liners.
however i would welcome some sort of microblogging feature tied into user profiles
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
You mean something like Twitter? That seems unnecessary.
-made a variable
-ripped a sprite from bof poorly
-i think this lighting effect will turn out right
-im wondering if i should use switches for this
-ok guys i think im going to make this a fangame
-hmm ill use switches for this
-well I got this terrible ff4 background in, hope itll work with this recolored battlesprite from bof
-on second thought ill go with the variables
-ok guys i got a terrible cliche story that has to do with 4 dark warriors saving da world, its called bionic commando 2
-wait, maybe I should go with switches
-#!%@! dropped my flash-drive at my daycare
This topic is fine as it is. I'd prefer blogs to have some degree of substance, such as production milestones that have been achieved, or asking for feedback on ideas you have.

People who want to participate in game-making reality TV can have this thread =)
Oh come on it's not like we're actually reading each other posts. We're just posting random crap half the time to make ourselves feel better.

On topic: I'm actually taking my retarded idea from earlier and trying to make into a game that's actually semi-playable. I've got 20 working characters and another 15 or so planned.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I am working on IGL stuff and it is coming along well!
I'm trying to make epic pixel art :D
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry

I finally got IGL's event controller working and plugged into the map engine. There is only one command right now, "Show Message".
Writing what is probably the messiest menu code ever written in anything.
Got a crap ton of bug fixes and cutscene refining done. Trying to think up a few easy puzzles that would fit in a hidden laboratory.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
I'm drawing ~60 monsters that will be turned into sprites in relatively short order.
Re-coding my entire item menu to hopefully make it more dynamic then it used to be. Also jumping around pretty much everywhere trying to code everything but ending up doing nothing hehe
Story story story! And once I get the outline, I can finally start on the 1st of 5 chapters (not like I'd even finish chapter 1, but whatever). And when I can finally start on the 1st of 5 chapters, I can finally upload some screenshots to have my very own gamepage! =D
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
"Gamepage" sounds cooler.

Due to the awesome AI script that Yanfly wrote, I am making a spiritual successor to Epic Monster Dungeon Explore! 2 named Saga Mara Talon. It should be done tonight or tomorrow.
I'm doing some scripting. It's so far only adjustments of the main script such as changing the damage algorithm, the to-hit algorithm and making evasion display in the status menu. I'm currently not adding any scripts.
I am working on the last green forest in the game. The forest is called Charcoal Forest. It will be on of the very last Firian Area's.
post=117844
I love it when people put thought into stuff like that, Mr. Nemo. If you need more inspiration/Diablo-ripping fun (stealing ideas = best way to make fun stuff, btw), try GreatRedSpirit's Demon's Gate. He did that stuff well, including the unique one-off random drops.

It's the little things that help. I actually stole the idea, initially, from the book of three (in the sense that random drops within linear gameplay equals diablo, which I liked).

post=117976
Craze
I love it when people put thought into stuff like that, Mr. Nemo. If you need more inspiration/Diablo-ripping fun (stealing ideas = best way to make fun stuff, btw), try GreatRedSpirit's Demon's Gate. He did that stuff well, including the unique one-off random drops.
If you're interested, here's how DG did loot drops, seperating implementation specific stuff from general design stuff:

To make enemies drop more than one kind of item and to share these drops across same-tier enemies, everybody drops a Generic Loot Item Type X, where Type X would be a type of loot specific to a certain tier of enemies. Opening any one of these loot will open them all for convenience's sake.

---------Implementation Start

When the game starts, a set of really big random numbers are generated. These are the random seeds for loot.

When you use any loot item the same event/function is triggered. It has a loop specific for each type of Generic Loot Item. These loops repeat until the player has no more Generic Loot Item type for that loop. Every loops starts by checking that the player has Generic Loot Item Type X and exit the loop if they don't. Then play a 'Got Item' sound, remove a Generic Loot Item Type X, and then check to see what the player gets.

End Implementation---------

The loot system checks to see what the player needs before it'll give out real loot. First it checks if the player has more dead characters than revive items and if not the loot will give a revive item. Then it checks if the player has enough healing power for the 'level' of loot; Earlier loot has lower requirements, ect. and better healing items carry more 'healing power'. If the player doesn't have enough healing power, they'll get a random (but appropriate for the loot level) healing item.

If the player doesn't need revive or healing items, the game will randomly choose an item from a list of possible loot drops. When an item is selected, there might be additional requirements to drop that item. For example, loot won't give you antidotes if you have more than ten (because some loot is really boring, finding loot should be more interesting than YETANOTHERCHEAPITEMYOUHAVESCORESOF), or if you already have Mystery Meat you won't get another (unique one offs) and the system will reroll the loot drop.

---------Implementation Start

When a random number is needed, the game will pull the top value from the bunch of big random numbers from before. It'll then shift all other random numbers up by one and generate a new random number at the end of the list of random numbers. Then the pulled big random number is modulus divided by the number of possible results and used to see what loot will be given. This means the first couple of loot will always give the same values to prevent people from save/reloading until they get good loot. Unless they have more loot than big random numbers available.

If loot has to be rerolled, the game will just give the player a new Generic Loot Item X to replace the loot taken away at the start of the whole loot process. This'll make the loop repeat itself

(ps there is a trivial bug in the implementation I used but I really didn't want to fix it)

(pss don't loop over the sound effect if loot is rerolled)

Implementation End---------

I hope this helps tell the game mechanics going on because my rm2k3 code tends to be terrible (I don't even get my Warp of Confusion map anymore and losing the original version which actually labelled the variables isn't helping (but I don't care))

Less about Demon's Gate, more about loot drops!

My current project has dealt away with random drops altogether*! I've converted loot drops into an enemy specific store where you can buy loot drops from loot-store and dungeon specific currency gained by defeating enemies in that dungeon. You kill an enemy in Not Another Goddamn Sewers dungeon **, gain loot points, and a shop with the enemies 'drops' appear where you can purchase one with your accumulated loot points in that dungeon. Costs are meant to be equivalent to the chance of an enemy dropping a piece of loot; Rarer items cost more loot $$$. It makes no sense outside of the realm of Game Mechanics, but the player can see what they can get from enemies and focus in getting them in a predictable amount of time instead of relying on shitting a horseshoe to accomplish anything in a reasonable amount of time ***.

* guess who grinded to level 90 getting the Sword of Kings img

** not an actual dungeon

*** see *

I did download Demon's Gate some time ago but didnt get around to playing it, which I definately should. moar gameplay/balancing/droprate hints for me!
I am about halfway through the soundtrack to a feature length film. It's going pretty well but has nothing to do with games.