WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Alright, I think I got the battle to about the right difficulty (challenging but not impossible) with that party.

Considering you recruit 10 characters (from 9 possible unit types, with up to two units of each type) to add to the first five that are always the same (someone want to run the possible combinations on that?) though, I think this will probably need some more testing.
Managed to make Enemy Query, Aggro and AI, Status Affinity, Enemy Levels to work with YEM (゚∀゚)
Currently modifying menu
ok, good this is the right topic this time.

I just completed and uploaded the playable demo for Allinlia. Its fairly short, maybe one or two hours.

My god did I have to do alot of playtesting to get everything working right.
adding 3 of the last 4 GUI control types I'll need to my GUI stuff since I can't put it off anymore (the last one I'll be able to put off almost until I finish the map editor hurray)
Max McGee
Scratching my head in frustration at the impasse I've come to in "To Arms!".

A little bit of everything in super secret mystery project. Rather than worrying about the fact I never finish games I am creating a game that was never designed to be finished.
that seems....counterintuitive.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
more like reverse psychology amirite? 8)

EDIT:. I'm tempted to do some more work on my Action 52 project but am getting pretty tired of the soundtrack already. So now I'm just messing around with Game Maker
Max McGee
There are lots of games out there that don't seem to have an "endgame" from the developer's point of view. A lot of them are roguelikes, like NetHack, Crawl, and even Dwarf Fortress.
I'm tinkering with the VX engine for the first time, trying to get my head around event creation and the like, and experimenting with the different options the engine provides.

It's going to be a hell of a long way off, but I've also come up with the basic premise for my first RPG.
Making a script work that randomly crashed on me? O_o
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
found my old Take Down game on an old ass craptop. It's never seen the light of day on the internet. So, I'm going through the teeth-pulling process of remaking it on RM2k3.
Adding my own faceset stuff for the hell of it. Could be a mistake as there's hundreds of characters in this one. screw it! too much work.
Max McGee
post=126640
Making a script work that randomly crashed on me? O_o

Just got done with exactly this thanks to GRS.
I'm thinking about making 3D models of the characters on my RPG

Would take a while, but it'll be worth it...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Just got done making an algorithm that multiplies experience earned by a modifier based on your level versus the expected level for that day. Or rather, the algorithm generates the modifier, by which experience is multiplied.

Overleveled by three levels? You get 1/8 of the experience you earn. Underleveled by two levels? Your experience is quadrupled.

powers of two \m/

EDIT: I am probably capping level gains per battle at one, however, that way dudes can't jump from level one to 99 on Day 11. :P
I'm actually wanting to get back into game design again. Took a year break after losing my project Breaking of the World to a computer crash. I'm actually working on readapting the story and working on a new version called Domain.
I'm just about to get ready to work on the parts of the game that are post demo
Chaos
EDIT: I am probably capping level gains per battle at one, however, that way dudes can't jump from level one to 99 on Day 11. :P

What? Why? Or does your experience algorithm not change the experience received when a character gains a level while receiving experience?
(ps if it doesn't it should)
I'm working on making RMN a better place.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=127351
Chaos
What? Why? Or does your experience algorithm not change the experience received when a character gains a level while receiving experience?
(ps if it doesn't it should)

It doesn't matter when a ten-level difference makes you gain 10,240,000 XP / 300 XP or something nuts like that.

I'll try some things and see what works.
post=127352
I'm working on making RMN a better place.

That's easier than making a good functional ABS in RM2K3.