WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
post=139802
<<< I'm working on feeling better after beinr raped for my source code by the company that I haven't even been paid yet. I'm very sad.

welcome to my entire life last year
post=139847
My favorite color scheme for each row:
1-1, 2-3, 3-3, 4-1, 6-2 and 6-3. (No, I don't like the fifth set).
I like both of the bandanna'd sprites a lot, and don't really like the fifth set.

... and they took a while to make too...
haha, but I agree, those are the less interesting ones in the set. However, I actually want to have a cape look for one of the final set, so I guess I am going to have to remake that one to make it more interesting. Also, the 2nd one is based on another Square enix game's character (SaGA2), so that will probably not make it as well....

@Others
Any other preferences?

post=139847
I would suggest choosing a graphic and then have class be separate. It worked out okay in FF5, but I'd rather not be stuck with an effective class that I thought was ugly. If classes are important, though, make graphics class-specific, like in a tactics game.

Yeah, I thought of working with this idea too. I was thinking of matching the weapon with the "look" to make it more uh... "natural" but I actually prefer this method myself (separate graphic and skill).
post=139623
Megan have you read CSS'ing your RMN Game Profile?

Wow that is a handy link; some parts get a little Greek for me but Chaos put his tasty "commonly used" bits at the end. Very handy! And he's dead right, I do only need the 2 or 3 most common codes. Like my game I'm cheating anything fancy by just doing it in photoshop and linking to images. You'd be surprised how much you can get away with through that if you're programming "averse." Or to use real estate speak, "deficient adjacent."
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Craze
1) There are only eight negative states that monsters use (plus Stun and Damage/Defense/Ability Down).
2) Monsters will sometimes use buffs, but you can turn on skill descriptions for enemy skills if you want, and a lot of buffs are PC-only anyway.
3) Each class gets only a handful of buffs each, and it's impossible to have access to more than 8/11 of the classes, and your party will likely overlap (each PC has two classes attached and you pick from a preset pool of characters).

Summary: They would get overwhelmed if this was Final Fantasy, but there's no way they're going to need to know what all of them do.

EDIT: And the twelve Guard/Eater/Oil states are only on random item drops! (Eater = absorb one spell of that element; Oil = weapons and physical Powers deal additional damage of that element.)
Craze
"Less reliable than healing yourself?" What? What healing? There is no "healing" in this project. You must be a Manly Man and survive the entire dungeon with your starting Health (and healing from the occasional Element Eater or whatever).

Also, the Element Eater items were chaos' idea.
Craze
post=140041
By "no healing" do you mean "no healing items" or "no healing items/skills/anything"? I'm going to assume this is for In Praise of Peace; it is an interesting looking project.

No, I'm wrapping up an IPoP demo for testers then going full-blow into this project before I leave for the summer, like the mad rush that was V&V (except this is a smaller project so I don't kill myself). This is a side-project that, yes, has no healing items/skills/anything. Basically, a gimmick-based roguelight. (I'll set up a gameprofile in a few days, after I finish the aforementioned IPoP stuff.)

IPoP is weird about healing in its own right, but it's the abundance of healing options (all with drawbacks - has a wait time, only works on the user, etc.) instead of the exclusion that makes it different.

EDIT: To be a bit more on-topic instead of Crazego-polishing around, I just finished putting 95% of the side-project's skills in the database (the remaining 5% are easy but I was like "NO MORE DATABASE FOR TWENTY-FOUR HOURS PLZKTHNX").
Max McGee
post=140042
post=140041
By "no healing" do you mean "no healing items" or "no healing items/skills/anything"? I'm going to assume this is for In Praise of Peace; it is an interesting looking project.
No, I'm wrapping up an IPoP demo for testers then going full-blow into this project before I leave for the summer, like the mad rush that was V&V (except this is a smaller project so I don't kill myself). This is a side-project that, yes, has no healing items/skills/anything. Basically, a gimmick-based roguelight. (I'll set up a gameprofile in a few days, after I finish the aforementioned IPoP stuff.)

I feel a little better about the number of active projects I have.
I made a like system for the soul crushing machine that I am programming. It has no plug because its powered off of the souls of people that touch it. Now the server is down, so I'm killing time while I wait for it.
Max McGee
Kind of sputtering in frustration waiting for my beta guys to get back to me right now.
Just clocked out of hour 54 of a 12 hour project. Made like buttons and a bunch of other stuff.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Despite and I are working on a point-n-click adventure game.
It's going to rock everyone's world. Despite's doing music, and a great job of it too!
Craze
post=140058
post=140042
post=140041
I feel a little better about the number of active projects I have.

...I have two. One requires 2-3 weeks of dev time. I started three days ago.
Max McGee
so your entire catalogue of other projects are all cancelled?

Also...

Kind of sputtering in frustration waiting for my beta guys to get back to me right now.

You'd think with ten beta testers sent the project two weeks ago I'd have one complete beta report by now.
Craze
Or hiatus (re: cancelled). Yes, unlike you, I don't lie about my project status and say that I'm actually working on five games at once.