WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

post=141919
TDS, that menu looks prime. Do you have any plans to use it for anything, or you just recreating stuff as a sort of exercise?

Thanks, I don't really use any of those scripts for anything and I stopped releasing public work a long time ago. I just do it for fun like people who draw fan art (I can't draw) so I replicate stuff I see from games then save any methods that might help me later on with something new.

If you want a menu though, I can make you one. Just let me know how you want it.
post=141922
post=141919
TDS, that menu looks prime. Do you have any plans to use it for anything, or you just recreating stuff as a sort of exercise?
Thanks, I don't really use any of those scripts for anything and I stopped releasing public work a long time ago. I just do it for fun like people who draw fan art (I can't draw) so I replicate stuff I see from games then save any methods that might help me later on with something new.

If you want a menu though, I can make you one. Just let me know how you want it.

Oh! I wasn't fishing for anything to use personally, I simply curious. I've always held the belief that the best way to get good at something is to blatantly copy another man's work to figure out how he did it. This is how I've taught myself to play music. I can see how the process translates to programming in that sense.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but right now I'm still playing around on 2k3. If the offer still stands sometime in the future when I migrate back to VX, I might take you up on that.
Hitting a wall. I've sized up about how many maps my game is going to have, and it's somewhat overwhelming. The first "level" of the game currently has 16 dedicated maps, each of varying sizes, and I intend that to be the second smallest dungeon. I pretty much know what I want to "levels" to be in this game, but not really sure how I want them to turn out exactly.

Time to start brainstorming dungeon ideas.
You could always just start mapping the first thing that comes into your head and see if you can link it into the game.
post=141944
You could always just start mapping the first thing that comes into your head and see if you can link it into the game.

I suppose. Right now I'm kind of spent on staring at an editor. I've been tweaking the tiles in an image editing program and making things look a little prettier (and pressing "refresh" on the RMN forums somewhat frequently, shh) in the meantime, but I think I really just need to step away from the computer, put a pen to paper and make a solid blueprint of how I want things to look, as well as come up with some ideas for puzzles/obstacles that fit with the theme of each dungeon. Otherwise I'm never going to get anything done.

post=141924
Oh! I wasn't fishing for anything to use personally, I simply curious. I've always held the belief that the best way to get good at something is to blatantly copy another man's work to figure out how he did it. This is how I've taught myself to play music. I can see how the process translates to programming in that sense.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but right now I'm still playing around on 2k3. If the offer still stands sometime in the future when I migrate back to VX, I might take you up on that.

Offer is good always and I didn't think you were fishing for a script, it's just that I always offer to make stuff in case anyone needs it.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Still has some rough edges, but hey.

EDIT: Smoothed version:

TRYING to implement damage formulae that is close to that of the Persona games. The most annoying thing is trying to work out the attack damage for enemies, as well as how defense is applied (Right now, not so much). I may just end up using skills for enemy attacks, which just leaves defense as the hardest part of the formulae to work out.

EDIT: Awesome, the formulae I'm using causes enemies to have to use 4150 Pwr atks to deal around about 1000 points of damage to a character with 300 Def. Characters on the other hand only need a 2350 Attack weapon. I'm tempted to remove Gold drops and use that for Enemy defense, instead using loot to give out cash.
Craze
F-G: Some of the inner edges are gross(er) in the first version. It's not much of a change, and I didn't perfect it at all.
post=142202
F-G: Some of the inner edges are gross(er) in the first version. It's not much of a change, and I didn't perfect it at all.

The edges actually bother me a bit more on the second version, they're a little blurrier looking. (at this resolution at least.)

I'm currently thinking up material names for the crafting system in my game. (it is very mind numbing)
I got those two EDIFICE logos in my image editor, placed the second on the top of the first, and started flipping the layer on/off to see if I could notice the difference. I couldn't without a 4x zoom, and even then the difference is sooooooo small. You guys are going crazey.
I have to admit, I looked pretty hard to see any difference at all.
Craze
Maybe it's just pronounced to me because I made it! Anyway, enough about that.

Right now I'm working on a new script - a Critical Suite, which allows everything from critical hits causing status effects to increasing the damage certain elements do with criticals to lowering the damage an enemy takes from critical hits. Woooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh (I love crits).

While it's for Edifice/public release, I'm also mapping mapping mapping. Next up: Czarina's Fortress and Steel Gaia. ;\/
How about critical critical hits. You know, a higher status of crit. A crit to keep the peon crits in their proper place.
Would a critical failure be countered?

or maybe more like "You go to pull out the gun holstered in your pants (gangzta) and shoot yourself in the dong."
Craze
Hahaha, I might release those as an add-on.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I am trying to decide how long to delay the release of To Arms! for after hearing some bad news from one of my team members.