WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

hacking 2k3 using a hex editor

Spend three days of lunch break at work to write a tutorial about "2k3 performance scripting" - first upload was denied, second upload just finished and pending.
Yesss finally did the skillset for character six 8]

Now all the skills just need names. hurk
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Got a decent storyline but I can't seem to produce proper graphics for it. Can't believe the VX character generator doesn't include turbans...

EDIT: Fuck it, graphics are too much of a problem when making RPGs.
Final Fantasy menu was depressing. So I wanted to try a menu from another game.

Not sure if it looks close enough to the original.

(Guess the game and win a cookie)
Grandia?

EDIT: Actually, nah, it's not.
Amazing Adventures of TDS and Company ~The Quest to Revive Vera's Dead Body~?
So you spend the entire game trying to revive Vera? Who's dead body is taking up the last party slot? How annoying...

Edit: Tales of Destiny?
Looks like a Tales of... game to me.

But in terms of doing stuff, I've been inputting skill power and TRYING to come up with some physical skills, which is difficult as party members can use one of 3 melee and 2 ranged weapon sets, and the characters don't use Personae like the game I'm practically ripping the battle system from...

On a sidenote, I am now highly confused by Izanami and Megidolaon. After sticking numbers from a vid of the final boss into the damage formula, which I changed to what I think the magic formulae would be, then the outputted dmage in the vid makes little sense: Kanji took less damage than Yosuke and Naoto, even though they have a higher Mag... tiz highly confusing...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=144990

But in terms of doing stuff, I've been inputting skill power and TRYING to come up with some physical skills, which is difficult as party members can use one of 3 melee and 2 ranged weapon sets, and the characters don't use Personae like the game I'm practically ripping the battle system from...

On a sidenote, I am now highly confused by Izanami and Megidolaon. After sticking numbers from a vid of the final boss into the damage formula, which I changed to what I think the magic formulae would be, then the outputted dmage in the vid makes little sense: Kanji took less damage than Yosuke and Naoto, even though they have a higher Mag... tiz highly confusing...

Did you take vitality and buffs/debuffs into account? Along with Izanami's whopping 90 Magic, of course.

what I'm an SMT nerd
Izanami has 90 Magic? That may change overall damage a little, as the source I was using says 80 mag, got a feeling you're more correct.

No buffs/debuffs, all of them had worn off the turn she attacked. It might be that I didn't use Endurance, but even then, I'd have expected it to be a combo of Magic and Endurance that is used for defence, which would still make Kanji take more damage.

If Magic stat isn't used in defence at all, then it would have caused way more to Naoto than Yosuke. I ahev a funny feeling the reason why the damage distance is so high is due to the level mod, which may be slightly different to the one I worked out (it may be ^0.25 instead of ^0.125 that I have)

So am I, of sorts

EDIT: Forgot to add, I haven't determined whether it takes the MC's or his Persona's level into the equation for level mod, tho Persona seems slightly more right.
post=144901
Amazing Adventures of TDS and Company ~The Quest to Revive Vera's Dead Body~?

I can completely picture this as an actual game where you drag her dead body around trying to revive it.

post=144905
So you spend the entire game trying to revive Vera? Who's dead body is taking up the last party slot? How annoying...

Edit: Tales of Destiny?

Close enough. Enjoy your cookie and the power that comes with it.

post=144990

That's why I left Tales of as part of the image URL.

Actual game that inspired the menu.

Tales of Phantasia.
Coming to the realization that massive elemental damage reductions on a few characters means that making armour that boosts elemental resistance could end up being very broken.

Then again, it's just the one element for the character, and by the time their resistance is that buffed the enemies will be using far more varied elemental attacks than in the earlier stages of the game.

Plus the characters that could theoretically reach 0% damage are still taking 150% damage from a different element. With late-game enemies that could be pretty devastating. We'll see what happens I guess.

(I'm 3/4 done with skills so this is where I get critical about game balance! hnnng)

(also also I should make a game page soon but hnnng screenshots hnnng (plus my title screen is awful))

TDS: That's a pretty neat window! Think I prefer it to the actual ToP window, really. Kinda bugs me that the sprites in ToP go outside their individual windows :<
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
As a note, posting screenshots will probably not be allowed here either in the near future once the new image browser stuff is created.
post=145047
God I hate Tales games.

butbutbut the awkward jrpg dialogue

I dunno I thought Tales of Eternia was pretty funny because I renamed all of my characters but obviously the voice acting didn't change to reflect that.

I liked changing Reid's name to Red so it sounded like some weird engrish thing every time anyone said his name. And Meredy to Melody. And Farah to Sarah. And Keele to Kill.

good times

(lol offtopic)
TDS
Tales of Phantasia.

shut up I couldn't find a screen so I had to resort to... youtube I'm so sorry
@GreatRedSpirit:

I think you won (Never seen that menu before but, they are practically the same.). Take your cookie and power.

post=145050
As a note, posting screenshots will probably not be allowed here either in the near future once the new image browser stuff is created.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to show the work in progress of some of my scripts and see if I've been doing a good job at making them look at close to the game as possible, while also getting input from people who have played the games over the years.
They played for 1 hour and only got that far.

ugh ugh ugh valkyrie profile's intro is the slowest

CURRENT PROGRESS: Staring at the skillset for character 10. Pretty much entirely clueless where to even begin. I know what battle roles I want her to fulfill and everything but I feel weird making skills before I make the character's trait (underlying, un-removable passive skill) and I have no ideas for it.

hnnng
TDS: I'm just backpedaling, I completely forgot about Phantasia and VP is another game with a menu inspired by it (well, I think VP and ToP were done by very similar teams so it's be more 'evolution', but I'm not sure).

On that note, why is the time+Gold text in your menu screen right aligned? It looks weird when the label and the content are separated like that.