WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

post=209509
Trying to find a good way to infinite loop the music collection for my game.
But I don't want to copy/paste a clip over and over.

Isn't there just someway to tell the track to jump back to a certain moment?
The whole rm2k3 RTP package has music that seems to loop even by some special means.

Looking for MIDI control stuff? I've never used it, but I know some German guy (probably Cherry) wrote a few utilities to set loops for this sort of thing, specifically designed for RM. Sorry that I don't have a copy, though there's other software you can use to add the control signals in.
post=209509

The whole rm2k3 RTP package has music that seems to loop even by some special means.

Read this: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/104/
post=209509

That's cause the RTP are MIDI's. If you're looking to loop a MIDI correctly, I suggest downloading a program called Anvil Studio. It's really REALLY complicated at first, but there's tutorials out there that'll help you set up a loop.

EDIT:
post=209511
Read this: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/104/

Damn too slow :x
Looping midis...
Problem is, my collection is mp3s. Does it work for that as well?
It doesn't mention any about mp3s.
post=209515
Looping midis...
Problem is, my collection is mp3s. Does it work for that as well?
It doesn't mention any about mp3s.

Looping MP3's are much easier. Search for Wavosaur or Disharmony's Audio Patch on Google. If you don't have any custom systems, then I recommend Disharmony. It's the best when it comes to seemless looping. It even comes with it's own looping program.

You can also try the Power Mode, however it's looping isn't as seemless as Disharmony's.
Jumping back on to blockman, now that I've got ambient light sorted out, and day/night. My next task is to, I guess, make an in-game clock so that I can try to seamlessly switch between night and day.

I need to find a good interval. How many minutes real time should make an hour of in game time? If there are 24 in game hours... 24 minutes for a day may seem good. Solo amateur games can't afford to be so long. I may choose to do 8 hours of night and 16 hours of day. Or more specific: 14 hours day, 2 hours evening, 6 hours night, 2 hours morning.

(Since blockman will be open ended, shops and houses are closed at night). My current plan uses an inn to switch between night and day... But I fear it may be abused or underused. A natural clock can switch time of day out of the players control, and therefore force certain situations. Ex: a house you need to enter is locked at night, and well, it's night. Therefore it forces you to either break in or wait for day.
Apparently RPG-maker ain't good at handling music clips repeating.
I made a sound repeat perfectly in an editing software, but in RPG-maker it clearly makes a small hop at the end.
The same happens with them even though I make fine loops in a loop editor.
post=209546
Apparently RPG-maker ain't good at handling music clips repeating.
I made a sound repeat perfectly in an editing software, but in RPG-maker it clearly makes a small hop at the end.
The same happens with them even though I make fine loops in a loop editor.

If you're really fed up with it, you could just screw everything and use Disharmony. I know its loop editor works correctly, but I've used it before and I remember it being kind of shaky.
Disharmony
It's exactly that one I referred to when I mentioned loop editor.
If can't solve this problem I'm just gonna stick with my music as it is.
Ha, in that case, the loops weren't working because you weren't using Disharmony. Looking through the loop editor help file, it looks like all it does is write these DisharmonyLoop tags that only the patch can figure out, not default RM playback.
post=209551
It's exactly that one I referred to when I mentioned loop editor.
If can't solve this problem I'm just gonna stick with my music as it is.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Dishamorny loops .ogg files better then MP3's. (Not to mention they're much smaller in file size.)
Video for Epiquest 2.

Testing a nice dark, rainy woods.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Working on one of the most complicated sprites I've ever done, I think. This is far more detailed than Guard Scorpion was, or Ultimecia.

This is the w.i.p but I'm further along than this.
Ooohh, that is a sexy sprite Kyrsty! Make sure you finish it. <3

Right now I am furiously rethinking the story for Iadun Ymorald. I want there to be some changes to the plot and characters in order for them to have some credibility even in the fantasy setting they have, but I don't want to bog it down with facts or bleak realities so it's a case of having to strip out details that aren't necessary and retooling others so they are as obvious as they can be. Lots of people made assumptions based on the demo that came out way back in RM2K about the plot which honestly disappointed me, so I want to fiddle about with it a lot. This has all been kept in a design doc on my computer for some 2 years now. There have already been some big changes. I wonder if it will even be recognizeable as the original release?

Oh, also drawing some freelance artwork for a recruitment agency in London. That's always fun, especially making sure I don't draw something too large or too small to upset the person who I'm meant to be drawing. :|
Kyrsty, that seriously looks badass.

post=209817
Right now I am furiously rethinking the story for Iadun Ymorald.

Ooh, this is exciting.
post=209794
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/SorceressKyrsty/ff8-x-atm092trace-1.png

this is freakin' crazy.

NPC time! should have enough around, oh, november, probably. to get this far:

1. i set up a system that defines scene periods based on your current party and the current scene. since there's no party switching system, only an advance in scenes would change your party. this allows me to assume that the characters i've written for the scene period are in the party without forking the dialogue to have it represent each party member. cuts down on a lot of work.

2. i wrote NPC dialogue for each of the major periods in the game. each NPC file in the image below consists of one conversation for each of the scene periods that they're available for. this allows me to change NPCs over time to react to events in the story more easily. cuts down on more work.

http://www.modestarcade.com/images/ac/NPCs.png

there are still a few issues with this approach. in order to create a convincing illusion of NPC persistence, you'd assume that NPCs would become more familiar with the player characters the more they talk to them. that requires decision forks that assume that the NPC has never been spoken to before, and as a result, some of them still lean heavily on the Socratic-lite dialogue style that you see in most JRPGs. i'm trying to come up with ways to work around this limitation without having to write tons and tons of NPC dialogue, though.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'll post the finished sprite in the Pixels topic in a minute, it doesn't really belong here =w=

In anycase I'm about to compile the enemy into an enemy sheet and set up its attack patterns. I already had a boss for this section of the game, but he's getting replaced and the original boss is fought a couple of hours later into gameplay (tougher version, of course~)
I saw the finished thing on DeviantArt. It's excellent! Well done. :)
post=209794
Working on one of the most complicated sprites I've ever done, I think. This is far more detailed than Guard Scorpion was, or Ultimecia.

This is the w.i.p but I'm further along than this.

Wild Wild West